IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #931 of 948
When are these over ears out? Having a debate this morning, imr opus mia and semper or MEST. I listen to a lot of edm and metal. Any suggestions?

The over ears are next year i think from memory.

I don't think Opus Mia's strong point is Electronic music and i rarely listen to metal, the opus excels in vocal's, jazz, type of music. I think Aten and Semper would be a better option.

I'm sure the MEST are great but i still struggle to get excited about it to be honest, very little has me enthralled enough to go yes i want this. There is one other i think this is the one for me and it is purely because it may be festival system like according to the marketing fluff but all BA I still think IMR should be a better option.

https://l-acoustics-creations.com/collaborations/contour-xo-by-jhaudio/

Nov 3, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #932 of 948
1600629281727.png
If you wore your phones during break in like me, you don't truly know what you have until drying them out with one of these!
I wouldn't trade my Rahs for anything...
here it is!

i read your post and found a little device in Amazon for 35 USD, got it, cant tell its a night and day difference but my zeniths do feel a bit clearer IMO, i do believe that humidity and some grim gets attached and this device helped to clear it off, in my case a full cycle its 3 hours with uv light and air at 45˚c

Nov 3, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #933 of 948
here it is!

i read your post and found a little device in Amazon for 35 USD, got it, cant tell its a night and day difference but my zeniths do feel a bit clearer IMO, i do believe that humidity and some grim gets attached and this device helped to clear it off, in my case a full cycle its 3 hours with uv light and air at 45˚c
My dryer takes eight hours with about five minutes of uv light.

I used the same pair of iems for walks about six months. After using the dryer for the first time, they sounded freshly unpacked!

Nov 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #934 of 948

I don't think Opus Mia's strong point is Electronic music and i rarely listen to metal, the opus excels in vocal's, jazz, type of music. I think Aten and Semper would be a better option.

I had fun with the Opus Mia and the samples you have posted in the other thread. :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #935 of 948
I had fun with the Opus Mia and the samples you have posted in the other thread. :L3000:

They are super fun tracks that is for sure. The Opus Mia will do justice to electronic music no doubt, i just think it is not their strong point in comparison to other genres where they truly shine.

Jan 3, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #937 of 948

I'm sure the MEST are great but i still struggle to get excited about it to be honest, very little has me enthralled enough to go yes i want this. There is one other i think this is the one for me and it is purely because it may be festival system like according to the marketing fluff but all BA I still think IMR should be a better option.

https://l-acoustics-creations.com/collaborations/contour-xo-by-jhaudio/

They sound glorioussssss

Jan 3, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #939 of 948
I hate you lol, for real i need to know way more than they gloriousssssss
It is really the closest IEM or headphone that I have ever listened to that sounds like a line array, before this, it was the VE6

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #940 of 948
It is really the closest IEM or headphone that I have ever listened to that sounds like a line array, before this, it was the VE6

Does VE6 have strong bass?

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #941 of 948
For me the best iem for bass slam is the Simphonio VR1. Compared to other flagship I own, but too bad there aren't reviews of it. The company isn't well known out of the earbuds scene, so I doubt people will blind buy.

Even the treble is really natural sounding without having est drivers lasering highs directly into your ears. Like in hybrids like the Semper you can't ignore the over-exaggerated streo effect of the est drivers. The vr1 is natural sounding like an EQ'd Lcd-i4.

The hybrid Sony ier-z1r also has natural highs that don't laser into your ears. But the z1r uses another dynamic tweeter for treble. Though the z1r is all subbass and less visceral bass slam. The Sony ier-z1r really has a natural treble presentation it should be considered for treble-heads, and not a bass head iem in my opinion (having no visceral slam and mids). And especially not for mids.

A single DD tuned well is really nice; and the VR1 has no treble spike for a faked resolution.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #942 of 948
Anyone was able to comparte Rah and PB Two? I guess PB2 is much more lower on bass due to the smaller dynamic driver?

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #943 of 948
Rah has Aten 15mm and has powerful bass

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #944 of 948
Look here for specs

https://imracoustics.com/products/imr-rah

• Triple hybrid driver configuration consisting of bespoke 15mm Aten driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with composite diaphragm + high resolution Piezo ceramic driver + 10mm Planar magnetic driver
  • 8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
  • 2 Pin detachable cable (3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced)
  • Impedance: 32 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 103 +/- 3DB
  • Frequency response: 8- 50000Hz

Jan 27, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #945 of 948
Anyone was able to comparte Rah and PB Two? I guess PB2 is much more lower on bass due to the smaller dynamic driver?

It could have louder bass for being smaller. Since it may be easier to drive.

I am interested if anyone heard the 8khz treble spike in the PB2, because I feel it comes from the bigger dynamic driver in the Semper. It isn't badly emphasized, but I feel there is more than should be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back