IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #917 of 948
So are you all trying to set the price or something. Bob’s reading these (hi Bob :wave:).
I shall set the bar at £45 minus being a loyal customer. :wink:

45 sounds good for me, i take 10.:sweat_smile:

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #919 of 948
Oh come on. Dont tell me youre going to miss out on IMR cans. For some reason i doubt it :ksc75smile:
Well nowhere have I said I’m not buying any and if I have the chance to then I may. That said, cans are not really for me now, it’s either using IEM’s or Bluetooth headphones for when I just need sound and have no interest in quality, I can’t even recall the last time I used my 58X. What does interest me hugely is it is Bob and his creations but as everyone is already pointing out what they expect the price to be I had the same thoughts too and that instantly prices me out from purchasing, Semper was £50 over my limit but for £50 extra I can commit to them as the value is there for me. So I need to see the product description and price to assess the value to me. Based on the proposed driver configuration I am absolutely 100% interested if he can pull it off which I have faith he can.
Unsure why you think I am going to buy everything though lol.

Sep 23, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #920 of 948
Sep 23, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #924 of 948
Many thanks. Gawd I'm a sucker for a driver I've never heard. After me saying I wasn't that interested in over ears.

I've only seen the pic you posted. Didn't look like a pair of headphones.
No sorry I mean the headphone called Heddphone, it wasn’t a typo.

https://hedd.audio/heddphone/

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #927 of 948
Well nowhere have I said I’m not buying any and if I have the chance to then I may. That said, cans are not really for me now, it’s either using IEM’s or Bluetooth headphones for when I just need sound and have no interest in quality, I can’t even recall the last time I used my 58X. What does interest me hugely is it is Bob and his creations but as everyone is already pointing out what they expect the price to be I had the same thoughts too and that instantly prices me out from purchasing, Semper was £50 over my limit but for £50 extra I can commit to them as the value is there for me. So I need to see the product description and price to assess the value to me. Based on the proposed driver configuration I am absolutely 100% interested if he can pull it off which I have faith he can.
Unsure why you think I am going to buy everything though lol.
Well to be honest i dont think it going to step out of it 1k price range. Knowing that IMR is relatively small company so as long as it was not expensive to assemble or RnD they can keep prices competetive. In fact i hava a feeling price might be well below 1k if its Bob's first attempt on cans.

But yeh iems for me are main way of listening too. Cans i only prefer for film scores or when im sitting at my desktop. I just fire up youtube for backgroung and forget about it. As HPS seem to be more forgiving on what material you feed them. But i doubt i will ever invest in more than mid-fi deskto set up.

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #930 of 948
Whe are these over ears out? Having a debate this morning, imr opus mia and semper or MEST. I listen to a lot of edm and metal. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back