IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #691 of 948
The PB Two combines the 12mm planar from the PB One with the exquisite detailing of the dual electrostatic driver and a 9mm titanium dynamic driver to provide a IEM filled with clarity, detail and a large stage while retaining a balanced and fast paced low end.

Hand assembled and driver matched for unrivalled finish and sound!

• 9mm titanium dynamic driver with rare earth Neodymium motors + dual electrostatic driver with internal amplifier + 12mm Planar magnetic
  • 8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
  • Switchable open port or closed port
  • 2 Pin detachable cable (3.5mm, 2.5mm & 4.4mm balanced)
  • Frequency response: 7- 70000Hz
  • Impedance: 32 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 101 +/- 3DB
  • 24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
  • 1.4M length OFC cable
  • 6.35mm Adapter
  • Large storage case for all equipment
  • Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #692 of 948
Wait so the pb2 is almost a semper? Just the dynamic is smaller?
Smaller dynamic driver (titanium instead of beryllium), and without the Piezo ceramic driver.
Which seems really interesting, to be honest. The EDP with even more refined mids and bigger stage sounds very intriguing to me. Although I am sure I would miss the insane bass at that price point.

But anyways, for anyone that prefers less bass, this could be a great option. Especially for around 450 pounds this seems like a really good offer.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #693 of 948
Smaller dynamic driver (titanium instead of beryllium), and without the Piezo ceramic driver.
Which seems really interesting, to be honest. The EDP with even more refined mids and bigger stage sounds very intriguing to me. Although I am sure I would miss the insane bass at that price point.

But anyways, for anyone that prefers less bass, this could be a great option. Especially for around 450 pounds this seems like a really good offer.
Well people were asking for a bit less bassy iem to be released.
So after few squirrel sacrifices you have been heard by IMR gods.

Congrats 👏

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #694 of 948
To much diferents colours for a similar sound..

I do not agree with this policy of so many revisions in these last 3 weeks.

I think I'll unsubscribe from this endless race

does a survey, and in less than a week announces the products.
Everything is already more than thought

best regards
sisco

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #695 of 948
Can somebody provide some analysis of the Halcyon since the Opus Mia is pretty much the same driver setup?

@kdphan Opus mia on paper is the same as halcyon but has a updated Aten driver and so just edges it on sound slightly

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #696 of 948
PB TWO is online and looks like i'm looking for:
"The PB two has very fast bass and is lighter in the bass quantity although the quality is exceptional."

https://imracoustics.com/products/imr-pb-two

pbtwo2_800x.jpg
pbtwo_800x.jpg

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #697 of 948
To much diferents colours for a similar sound..

I do not agree with this policy of so many revisions in these last 3 weeks.

I think I'll unsubscribe from this endless race

best regards
sisco
I think in this case it is more about different models for different preferences, than a race.
As Bob stated, these will be the last IEM's for the near future, since he will be focusing on full size headphones.

So I understand that he wants to offer anything he currently can, without further investing into development.

Also, there was a poll for anyone interested in this model, and there will not be produced more than the amount of people that voted.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #698 of 948
I'm selling my RAH because i used few times and i don't know if buy PB Two or Acoustune 1677ss

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #699 of 948
I'm selling my RAH because i used few times and i don't know if buy PB Two or Acoustune 1677ss

I suppose that would depend on whether or not you think the driver changes will change or fix the bits you didn't like about the rah, how much the difference in price (if any) means to you, vs what you think you will like about the acoustune 1677ss, and how much you want a 2 pin connector or pentaconn ear (the name makes no sense with 2 conductors but whatever) / included 2.5/3.5/4.4mm vs just 3.5mm on a cable with connectors you're unlikely to already possess.

I can answer none of these things for you.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #700 of 948
I can't help to think that IMR was going to take forward this launch despite the poll one way or another. IMR is the Pokémon of IEMs to me right now, go collect them all.

Hope everyone enjoys their IMR.

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #702 of 948
I will just wait on my Semper to be delivered.

Thought about buying the Mia but no questions answered, so I will skip that one.

runningwitit said:
Does anyone here actually have the Halcyon and Mia that can do a direct side by side comparison?

Noone except maybe Bob and people near him IRL have ever heard a Mia so how is anyone supposed to answer your question? They haven't shipped to anybody afaik...
I personally wouldn't get the mia if I had the halcyon and was already getting a semper.

Edit: I was wrong apparently they started shipping on the 10th, I guess I missed the " This will be available from stock from the 10th August " in the first email about them.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #703 of 948
The question on Mia vs Halcyon was answered a few posts above (my original question).
Mia is supposed to be similar to Halcyon since they have the same driver setup. Just a new shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back