IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #616 of 948
Tips

I've been using Tennmark tips (red core) with the RAH and initially the Halycon however recently they are not working well, slipping out of my ear and to be honest not sounding great.

I've been using the foam tips (comply?) That came with the Halycon however although they fit great they do put a bit of a veil on the sound.

Give me some pointers folks preferably UK based.
Best solution by far would be to have bespoke tips made. The Custom Art makes them for a reasonable price. I believe there is a company in the UK that makes bespoke tips, but I can't recall the name. You should be able to find them on the web.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #617 of 948
Best solution by far would be to have bespoke tips made. The Custom Art makes them for a reasonable price. I believe there is a company in the UK that makes bespoke tips, but I can't recall the name. You should be able to find them on the web.

I had considered that however tried that few years ago with ACS in the UK. The fit was excellent but it did change the sound of the earphone that I was using and not in a positive way.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #618 of 948
Tips

I've been using Tennmark tips (red core) with the RAH and initially the Halycon however recently they are not working well, slipping out of my ear and to be honest not sounding great.

I've been using the foam tips (comply?) That came with the Halycon however although they fit great they do put a bit of a veil on the sound.

Give me some pointers folks preferably UK based.
Did you try Tennmark foam? TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Earphone Memory Foam Eartips Ear Tips Earpads Earbud Tip Suit for 4.5-6.0mm Nozzle earphone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Bfg22Hgo

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #619 of 948
Aug 9, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #621 of 948
Buy all the Sempers please guys....it's been tough sticking to my 5+ year old self-imposed rule against $1,000+ IEMs. The struggle is real....and I've never even so much as heard an IMR set before. I feel that old "sickness" creeping back into my head after so many years of thinking I had successfully dispelled it, LMAO.

I'd get on the Semper wagon at that price, but I just can't justify it when the insiders get it for half the price. Therefore I'll just pick them up used, if ever.

I'm not in the business to buy a second pair, I already have a very good beater/gym set with FLC 8s. And are you even guaranteed to get a discount code? Is it sent immediately? I'd hate to buy a pair to get the discount code, only to find out Semper is sold out by the time I get the code.

I really don't get the marketing, pricing and coupon strategy, it's outright offensive for new adopters.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #622 of 948
I'd get on the Semper wagon at that price, but I just can't justify it when the insiders get it for half the price. Therefore I'll just pick them up used, if ever.

I'm not in the business to buy a second pair, I already have a very good beater/gym set with FLC 8s. And are you even guaranteed to get a discount code? Is it sent immediately? I'd hate to buy a pair to get the discount code, only to find out Semper is sold out by the time I get the code.

I really don't get the marketing, pricing and coupon strategy, it's outright offensive for new adopters.

that’s my quote. I don’t want to buy another product for the hell of it. 50% or 60% off is such allot of money. How can there be such big discounts if products are made that well. I don’t know. Then when another model comes out current buyers of Semper put them on market for even less a really hard kick in the stomach. Very inflated to bring it down. More of a Groupon offer it seems. Just devalues brand and product.

I think I’m stay clear otherwise I am going to loose my hat and my socks and pants.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #623 of 948

IMRAcoustics is the definition of a boutique Mft. He lives and dies by his customer retention. How else can he repeatedly sell out (on pre-order) New models, except for a loyal band of repeat customers.

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #624 of 948
@Metalomaniac & @Numark637Dn of course your choice! Bob has a business model that makes sense to him. My guess is that it is based on maintaining a small and loyal group of customers, hence the discount approach. Certainly isn’t a model designed to encourage wild growth. He has a small, boutique, business built around a core set of customers and my guess is that’s just the way he wants to keep it... But, yeah, there is a price of entry. As others have pointed out there are strategies to get in on that, but it does require buying a extra set (at this time one that does get considerable praise). But if it’s not for you, it’s not for you...

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #627 of 948
I think I’m going to have to steer clear on this one unfortunately. Just can’t loose my hat. I don’t think it’s a brand for me.
The great thing about this hobby is that it is completely voluntary! Buy what you want and we’ll all hope you enjoy it!

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #628 of 948
Wake me up when there's one build slot left.

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #629 of 948
Aug 9, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #630 of 948
LOL let the excitement begins, only one outstanding pre-order.

1597010284213.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back