IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #631 of 948
I'm sure somebody will cancel their pre-order sometime down the line between now and 3 months from now.
Looking forward to the Opus Mia instead.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #632 of 948
I'd get on the Semper wagon at that price, but I just can't justify it when the insiders get it for half the price. Therefore I'll just pick them up used, if ever.

I'm not in the business to buy a second pair, I already have a very good beater/gym set with FLC 8s. And are you even guaranteed to get a discount code? Is it sent immediately? I'd hate to buy a pair to get the discount code, only to find out Semper is sold out by the time I get the code.

I really don't get the marketing, pricing and coupon strategy, it's outright offensive for new adopters.

Everyone who gets the discount has had to buy in at full price on a pair at some time so I am not sure why it would offend.

It could even be cheaper to do so now with models like the Red and b stocks. It is a unique model for sure but we wouldn't keep buying them if they weren't so good.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #634 of 948
Everyone who gets the discount has had to buy in at full price on a pair at some time so I am not sure why it would offend.

It could even be cheaper to do so now with models like the Red and b stocks. It is a unique model for sure but we wouldn't keep buying them if they weren't so good.

Yep, I bought in at £180 with B stock Zeniths. This is my 4 so far and I still want the Red

7B383352-B8AC-48FB-B32F-828A234B11A1.jpeg

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #636 of 948

Having to buy a pair I don't want or need just to get a discount is bad for the environment.

I get a 10-20% loyalty discount, but 45% is just off-putting. I don't see any sense in blindly buying something I might not like, and end up having to sell on the secondary market, competing against those who got theirs at a deep discount.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #637 of 948
Having to buy a pair I don't want or need just to get a discount is bad for the environment.

I get a 10-20% loyalty discount, but 45% is just off-putting. I don't see any sense in blindly buying something I might not like, and end up having to sell on the secondary market, competing against those who got theirs at a deep discount.

I say this as a truthful fact rather than something to try to convince you as your mind is made up, which is perfectly fine and normal. If you don't like them you can always just send them back for a refund. This has happened in the past with people stating i do not like the sound or fit and received no questions asked refunds. If the red was bought not needed or wanted it is only bad for the environment if you threw them away which in your words of selling on items seems rather peculiar you believe it is bad for the environment, they are already made so the carbon footprint to manufacture them is also already completed.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #638 of 948
If the red was bought not needed or wanted it is only bad for the environment if you threw them away which in your words of selling on items seems rather peculiar you believe it is bad for the environment, they are already made so the carbon footprint to manufacture them is also already completed.

With this logic we might as well buy tiger pelts and ivory, as the animals are dead already.

But this off-topic, and I'm out.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #639 of 948
With this logic we might as well buy tiger pelts and ivory, as the animals are dead already.

But this off-topic, and I'm out.

Not quite the same and a poor analogy but whatever works for you.

It does make a lot of sense to be out to be fair, but I bid you well in your audio journey and we welcome you back with open arms in the future if you decide something is for you.

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #640 of 948
It does make a lot of sense to be out to be fair, but I bid you well in your audio journey and we welcome you back with open arms in the future if you decide something is for you.

Thanks! If anyone will be selling their used Semper in the near future, I'm game!

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #641 of 948
I've been using the foam tips (comply?) That came with the Halycon however although they fit great they do put a bit of a veil on the sound.
Give me some pointers folks preferably UK based.

I do not think those foam tips are Comply. Not that I would recommend Comply at all. I'm using Dekoni Mercury Bulletz, I think they're much better.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #642 of 948
Hmmm ... It's nice to see many familiar posters ... Like an IMR support group ... Purposely arrived later rather than earlier here ... Really like this Semper ... I'm sure I don't need one ... thinking, thinking ...

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #643 of 948
Hmmm ... It's nice to see many familiar posters ... Like an IMR support group ... Purposely arrived later rather than earlier here ... Really like this Semper ... I'm sure I don't need one ... thinking, thinking ...
I sure don't need one either, trying to go cold turkey...

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #644 of 948
I sure don't need one either, trying to go cold turkey...

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #645 of 948
I had an e-mail exchange with Bob - he had 5 or 6 Semper slots left, and expected them to be gone by tomorrow more or less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back