IMR R2 Aten Thread
Jul 3, 2019 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,305

warriorpoet

500+ Head-Fier
I thought it might be helpful to give the new R2 Aten a home away from the R1 thread. Let's chat Aten!

r15_7_600x600.jpg

IMR Describes the R2

The R2 Aten is an exquisite open backed in-ear monitor incorporating an all new bespoke IMR driver.

The new wide band high resolution ceramic hybrid composite driver has been completely designed in-house and offers the closest you can get to a full size high end headphone.

Utilising a high resolution piezo ceramic driver combined with an all new beryllium composite 15mm dynamic driver with larger uprated neodymium motors for a huge soundstage and precise instrument placement and with a FR from 10-50000Hz.

The R2 Aten includes an all new single crystal oxygen free copper braided cable.

Fully customisable via the all new interchangeable acoustics nozzles and dampers to give you 10 settings for your perfect sound signature. These acoustic nozzles allow you to alter every aspect of the sound from the treble, midrange and bass.

twdu-UtMxdRcuvegVgDNaP92ClmDV9m8N8XgSreWgACJO_THwQLLCQeOwyKE4De7bH5KXRp-aWcRLsKJvufrBBqVsGbIep4uQr70OPB9IZz4UHnEUTCJ28FO8n-vum67_1PBY3lYOJROWwPPvfIn=s0-d-e1-ft

SPECIFICATION:

• Bespoke 15mm driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with beryllium composite diaphragm + high resolution Piezo ceramic driver
  • 5 acoustic audio nozzles + 5 acoustic dampers
  • 2 Pin detachable cable (3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced)
  • Impedance: 32 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 106 +/- 3DB
  • Frequency response: 10 - 50000Hz
  • 24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
  • 1.4M length OFC cable
  • Hard Case
  • 6.5mm Adapter
  • Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit

IMR Case.png
Tip Guide (click for full size)

received_619259358567439.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 1,305
Bob via instagram said that emails were sent out with regards to the status of orders. Did anyone get this email?
I did, ya.

It was an update on the delays. One was the case-- he had to switch suppliers and has the production cases now. The second was regarding anodizing making trouble with the initial outer nozzle thread setup, so he switched to a new thread pitch and had the nozzles redone. He'll get those back within 3-5 business days.

The last update was regarding some notifications purchasers will receive re: pre-order app (trycelery) prior to shipment update and tracking sometime next week or so, and some more general excitement about others being able to hear the results and see the packaging which, apparently, he's spent a lot of time on for the Aten.

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 1,305
Hi!

Thanks for creating this thread. I have the R1 and the R1 Zenith, probably one of the first to pre-order the R2 Aten (R2 A10?)....

Haven't received any try celery email yet about the store system move. Good things come to those who wait, am pretty thrilled and while waiting is hard, if the previous two IEMs are any indication the wait will be very worth it.

Cheers.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 1,305
I just received an email that item has been shipped :L3000:

Didn’t Bob mention in his last email we would receive this message that it is “fulfilled” in order to move the pre-orders to the other/new platform. And didn’t he say in his email the shipment info would not be true and only the one from the new system would be the proper shipment (and with tracking info)....
that’s what I remember from his last email....

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #11 of 1,305
Got my order shipped email. Happy times.

Sorry. Just trying to manage your expectations. Please read below.

Quoting from Bob’s email:
So next week you will start to receive a couple of different email notifications. Firstly will be from the trycelery pre order site. Trycelery are ceasing their preorder system and so I need transfer your info off this system to my website system. So you will receive a notification that your order has been fulfilled on the trycelery site, this won't be true but its the only way to clear your details from there. Your R2 order details will then be loaded onto my website and as they ship you will get a notification with all the information you require.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #12 of 1,305
Got my order shipped email. Happy times.
I think that was just the notice that clears the orders out of the trycelery system. As Bob mentioned in the other note, this was coming and should be considered a false alarm. But also meant things were getting closer.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #13 of 1,305
I think that was just the notice that clears the orders out of the trycelery system. As Bob mentioned in the other note, this was coming and should be considered a false alarm. But also meant things were getting closer.
In fact, I just got this from Bob upon my enquiry:
"You will get another notification over the next couple of business days with your shipping info :)"

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 1,305
I believe at least some will begin shipping today, per a chat with Bob yesterday. Either way, we are at an end, gents and ladygents. Now, for the fun, and soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back