Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 3, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,212 of 17,929
Samedi est arrivé à tous

What? Om nom nom...😋

FB_IMG_1625258558744.jpg

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #3,214 of 17,929
It is compared to mest mk2? I totally agree. I am o blue/red too but I use a graphene mixe with pure silver cable. It opens and sounds more airy.
Yes Mest MKII, hmm haven't been able to get the cable recommended a few posts up, but I'm trying.

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #3,219 of 17,929
I think the sort of music that suits the EDP+ is as below
- If you haven't watched this give it go - I wasn't sure at first., I didn't think they were genuine but now its become one of my all time favourite music's

Really liked that. Hypnotic on the Elysium. Cheers for posting.

When it started it looked like it could be a fast show sketch but was superb.

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #3,221 of 17,929
Mate, the astra is the EDM one. I am a big basshead too. But astra is a basshead audiophile. It's different than pure bass that overmelth the rest, but I learn to appreciate that tuning. for a few days now they have become more consistent. the instruments, the voices are in perfect balance. the voices are not particularly emphasized. they are more ventilated and have a little more echo than elysium. like an incredible dream. the image is magical, like a journey through the galaxy listening to the stars twinkle. it is more airy and the separation has a good balance between a black background and the explosion of sound. Everything is in its place. I can hear easily the details. the bass is not to be outdone. it seems less heavy than the elysium, but still impact and a balance between weight and perfect clarity. Really good basses and sub basses. currently, I only listen to them. they transport me to a magical universe and give me a lot of emotions. if I had to keep only 1, it would be this one.

I am on blue/red.
Yes, yes, but are they any good?
I always accept a challenge when i hear the fatal words, "i do not like trance" lol. I am learning from you and steering you in directions testing your limits, sorry for the youtube quality though.though.
What about when you get "I do not like electronic music". Now that is a challenge.

Anyone else find the sound quality in YouTube app much worse than playing the links in the browser?

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #3,222 of 17,929
What about when you get "I do not like electronic music". Now that is a challenge.
This is not possible, everyone likes it lol, but yes, until the day i die i will keep going until they admit that which we already know.

Anyone else find the sound quality in YouTube app much worse than playing the links in the browser?
I have had to cancel my Youtube a week ago but there was settings somewhere which may have been removed or they are removed because i cancelled it, unsure, but it was to up the quality, not by much and still rubbish but that maybe a reason, plus it may be a better source on the browser vs app device.

Jul 4, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #3,224 of 17,929
What’s your take on that Qudelix to Knights pairing?
So far I’m loving the combo of course I’m running them balanced and have not tried them SE or on any other devices yet. Compared the BC the Knights are tiny but outside of bass proportions they are closer than one might think especially just looking at them. After owning 2 ES100’s (gifted to friends now) and a FiiO BTR3K the QK5 at least to my ears sounds the best.

Jul 4, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #3,225 of 17,929
Il a l air sympa ce Qudelix!
It’s a little beast! I ordered the new iems they are releasing to accompany it, which only work with the 5K because the connector bridges the 2.5 and 3.5mm jacks; it unlocks “active digital crossover”, I have no idea what it means, I just know Qudelix are ace.

But to put things into perspective:
Can I ask what is so good about the Nyx? It looks very similar to some other units, but I didn't read that closely.
That Nyx cable is so good that when I switched rapidly from the Qudelix with Final A3000 plugged in it, themselves no slouch, to the Nyx + IMR R1 combo, the latter sounded every bit as good if not better. It supports aptX HD, I am guessing it uses the DAC from its Qualcomm chip but adds a dedicated, pretty potent amp section. Also Bluetooth 5, fast charging, 20 hours battery life… very rarely do you see such specs without a stupid neckband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back