Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 13, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,531 of 17,924
So far there have been only one third-party cable that fit the Semper sockets without any filing down of the connectors

Yes. But I don't want to buy anymore cables..

I just want to know if it will hender any other iems connection?
It shouldn't. You only need a few passes with a fine-grain sandpaper or fingernail file over the corners of the plastic connector to fit inside the IMR sockets. Since you leave the sides as they are, the cables will still fit into any recessed sockets on other IEMs without play.

why buying other cables? The stock cables are excellent
1) Some people experience the stock cables' connectors falling out of the IMR sockets.
2) Stock cables look horrible with the opaque sheathing and the copper inside them looks messy. I like my IEM cables to add bling-bling.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #1,532 of 17,924
So far there have been only one third-party cable that fit the Semper sockets without any filing down of the connectors..

I'm currently using a Null Audio cable and it fit without any modification at all. Here is a pic I posted earlier in the thread:

om2.jpg

why buying other cables? The stock cables are excellent

My OM didn't come with a 4.4mm cable and my Hiby R5's balanced out is 4.4mm. Plus, I love a good looking cable.

1) Some people experience the stock cables' connectors falling out of the IMR sockets.
2) Stock cables look horrible with the opaque sheathing and the copper inside them looks messy. I like my IEM cables to add bling-bling.

I agree that the stock cable isn't that attractive, and I also like a little bit of the bling on my IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #1,533 of 17,924
I'm currently using a Null Audio cable and it fit without any modification at all. Here is a pic I posted earlier in the thread:
It's a lovely cable!

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #1,535 of 17,924
Here are my precious ones :ksc75smile: (sharing some of my rationale for pairing with each iem understanding fully that some/many may disagree on whether cables do really alter sound signatures; so YMMV)

PB2s with EA Eros Hybrid II (quells some of the sharp treble spikes); EDPs with EA Thor Silver II (adds some of the missing treble sparkle) and RAHs with Null Audio Arete (brings out the mids and bass). And yes.... all the cables add the necessary bling factor to the iems:sunglasses:.

IMG_20210114_110328.jpg

With certain after market cables, I had to apply some force pushing the 2-pin connectors as deep as it could possibly go and I was able to fit them snugly in to the respective iems. Besides this, no physical modifications were needed to any of the cables.

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #1,536 of 17,924
All my IMRs sport the Tri Through with 2.5 mm jack.
I would caution against exercising too much force in pushing the connectors into those IMR sockets. On one cable, a TRN T3 I believe, I actually slid the outer sheath down the connector, making it impossible to attach to anything. I spent a bit of time fixing that.

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #1,537 of 17,924
Here are my precious ones :ksc75smile: (sharing some of my rationale for pairing with each iem understanding fully that some/many may disagree on whether cables do really alter sound signatures; so YMMV)

PB2s with EA Eros Hybrid II (quells some of the sharp treble spikes); EDPs with EA Thor Silver II (adds some of the missing treble sparkle) and RAHs with Null Audio Arete (brings out the mids and bass). And yes.... all the cables add the necessary bling factor to the iems:sunglasses:.

IMG_20210114_110328.jpg

With certain after market cables, I had to apply some force pushing the 2-pin connectors as deep as it could possibly go and I was able to fit them snugly in to the respective iems. Besides this, no physical modifications were needed to any of the cables.
I also just bought this super skinny super light 8-core silver cable, love how it maintains the thump while extended the high :ksc75smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20210114_200733.jpg
    IMG_20210114_200733.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jan 14, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #1,538 of 17,924
I also just bought this super skinny super light 8-core silver cable, love how it maintains the thump while extended the high :ksc75smile:
Do you have a link to that skinny silver cable?

Jan 14, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #1,539 of 17,924
Jan 14, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,540 of 17,924
Posted this already on the N3Pro thread, sorry for the spamming to those who follow both. Pssst: it’s much better in here. Just wanted to wish the good peeps in the IMR community a safe year, with a particular thought to those of you in the UK. Hugs from Paris everyone! (from behind a mask)

Do you own the N3pro? I'm really curious how the OM sounds on this tube DAP. I'm between this DAP and the Ibasso DX160

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,541 of 17,924
New IMR will come...
D05E4B8C-F973-48B5-A4B7-85F3F5C55FCC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back