Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #601 of 18,080
I would actually want to try and test this.
There are plenty of desktop amps with silly output impedance. Ive went through many desktop gear threads lately and and full size HP forums,
And people seem to report changes in DD cans that are significantly bloating bass when switching to high impedance amps.
So not sure. All my gear is low output impedance.

I think someone who owns solaris. And could plug it into balanced out to Fiio m15 theoretically should start seeing some changes in bass.
Only issue is hissing when using desktop amps with high output impedance. I’ve tried on my XI Audio amp :).

Oct 29, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #602 of 18,080
Oh that Semper keeps popping up... So much temptatiom.
Just too much in my audio shoppig list at the moment...

You eyeing that MEST hype too?

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #604 of 18,080
You eyeing that MEST hype too?
Nah, its a very interesting iem and id love to hear it, but its not one of the items im my shopping list. Not at the moment at least. Did audition Odin and Hero couple of days ago. Still buzzing my ears how good Odin is.

Semper was in my list since announcement. But that delay due to covid messed it all up. Wasnt willing to wait that long. Now every time i hear about it i still give it a short thought lol.

Waiting to hear impresions though for sure

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #605 of 18,080
A dryer? Humidity mostly effects BA drivers in hearing aids. Not sure if any of the new tech drivers in the IMR stuff will be sensitive to humidity.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #606 of 18,080
That is what the bass filters are for, so you can tune the bass to your liking. If you are not so much into lots of bass, you should not try filters "above" purple. Silver and green gives you even less bass. Personally I switch between red and purple for bass.

Edit: I thought the driver configuration of the R3 Halcyons are the same as in the Opus Mia with primarily a new case design. So chances are not that high, that you will like the bass of the Opus Mia if your were not able to get a bass to your liking with the Halcyons.

The bass in the IMR is given by the Aten driver, and Bob's tuning of it. The Aten driver does change from Halcyon to Opus Mía, and it also sounds very different on Aten or Red than on Halcyon. And also Bob himself told me that in Opus Mía he was more similar to Aten or Red ...
If it turns out the same as the Halcyon, they will have to go back.

The filters on the Halcyon were of no use to me, since the purple still had the low end too boasted, and the next one, which was the silver, had practically no bass.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #607 of 18,080
The bass in the IMR is given by the Aten driver, and Bob's tuning of it. The Aten driver does change from Halcyon to Opus Mía, and it also sounds very different on Aten or Red than on Halcyon. And also Bob himself told me that in Opus Mía he was more similar to Aten or Red ...
If it turns out the same as the Halcyon, they will have to go back.

The filters on the Halcyon were of no use to me, since the purple still had the low end too boasted, and the next one, which was the silver, had practically no bass.
i prefer the bass on halcyon, it has the soul of Rah with a bit more speed imo, give it at leat a 5 hours play before deciding, imo its way more controlled than the OM, which prefers a bit more power in order to control its bass further

Oct 29, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #610 of 18,080
Pulled the trigger on semper, IMR collection complete, currently (and always) abusing my Zeniths, with a bit of EQ i cant go wrong with em. Was it in this thread that someone talked about a dryer for earpieces? I got one for very cheap.
Interested in hearing your Zenith set up?

Oct 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #611 of 18,080
Hi all, just passing along for anyone hoping for extra build slots (Semper and PB Two)

Dear Customers,
Due to the ongoing covid situation some people have had to cancel their build slots.
This means I have 3 slots of Semper and 6 PB Two slots available.
Currently in build and expected to ship at the end of November.
Please note that these are both LIMITED to 99 units of Semper and 50 units of PB two. The most exclusive build to date!
Don't miss out as there will not be any second versions of these.

Oct 29, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #612 of 18,080
Hi all, just passing along for anyone hoping for extra build slots (Semper and PB Two)

Dear Customers,
Due to the ongoing covid situation some people have had to cancel their build slots.
This means I have 3 slots of Semper and 6 PB Two slots available.
Currently in build and expected to ship at the end of November.
Please note that these are both LIMITED to 99 units of Semper and 50 units of PB two. The most exclusive build to date!
Don't miss out as there will not be any second versions of these.
Your username cracks me up :joy:

Oct 30, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #615 of 18,080

Solid sub, punchy low end, thick but detailed low mids, balanced midrange, aggressive yet controlled high mids and, most impressively, smooth and realistic high end. It sounds like music.

Incredible track, 3am and the club just be absolutely pumping.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back