Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 1, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #15,511 of 18,013
Til what Delulu Solulu meant
I'm down with the Z -Generation..
I don't know what generation I'm supposed to be.

In entirely unrelated news, here's a totally gnarly picture of Sonic Youth on The Simpsons.

To everyone, what's your favourite IMR set so far, and why?

Attachments

• IMG_0474.png
    IMG_0474.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 1, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #15,512 of 18,013
Dec 1, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #15,514 of 18,013
I don't know what generation I'm supposed to be.

In entirely unrelated news, here's a totally gnarly picture of Sonic Youth on The Simpsons.

BC(23), EDP ace, Elan+, R2 Red, Halcyon to name a few

Dec 1, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #15,515 of 18,013
Original Aten, cant remember if that was the first generation of the upper and lower filters. Still in use today along with the PB One's.
What do you like about them?

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #15,516 of 18,013
That's a toughie. I have five sets and I value each of them for a different thing:
1) The original EDP - some of the best mids I've ever heard in IEMs and insane comfort
2) Aten5 - just an overall excellent performer in the V-shaped category
3) Semper - with a specific nozzle-filter configuration this, for me, is THE set for metal
4) Elysium - once your brain adapts to its dark tuning, it turns into a very relaxing set for long, non-fatiguing listening sessions
5) Avalon - insane detail retrieval, despite being quite warm and with some overall fuzziness

I can't really pick a favourite.

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #15,519 of 18,013
Posting on behalf of a friend on Discord (FatGoblin) who has bought, compared and graphed both Dawn and Red dawn:

"I got the IMR Dawn and a chap mentioned (on another discord server) that there was some controversy around it. After a bit of digging I found a company on Alibaba that had what looked like the same bullet IEM. I ordered a sample and it arrived today (had to ask for the DLC option as it wasn't listed). With shipping and taxes it was approx £70. It's sad to confirm but the $31 DLC bullet is the same 1-for-1 as the IMR £255 Dawn
☹️
At least in listening to it. Will measure it when I get time."

IMR_Dawn_2.png

Big props to him for doing the digging and comparison all himself just to confirm everything thats going on.

EDIT: Adding onto this he has also mentioned the following:
"Yep. Sounds the same 100%. I did a bit of skulldugary with the seller on Alibaba and they told me they work with IMR. It's a drop-ship with an incredible markup. It sounds great, but they are identical. £70 for the sample set incl $39 shipping + taxes. If you buy 4000 it drops to $3.90 per set"

EDIT 2: Link to the alibaba page: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...&ckvia=share_96ec26545f964a52b04fe21c09d13ed7 who apparently are really nice folk and were a pleasure to deal with.
I honestly had no doubt that they are the same without trying any of them. But thanks a lot for the effort, now we have a solid proof. Though I don't think the other older IEMs from IMR where just rebranded chifi models, at least not all of them!

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #15,520 of 18,013
Regarding the red dawn and our Chinese friends there, I looked on their other products and they have tons of stuff, from earbuds to full sized Planars. So I was seriously considering trying one of their "flagship" iems with multiple drivers, after all the most expensive one costs 200 something, and if the 30 something mounted to (as some people already mentioned) the 200-300 something imr category, then their flagship can be really something special!

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #15,521 of 18,013
Regarding the red dawn and our Chinese friends there, I looked on their other products and they have tons of stuff, from earbuds to full sized Planars. So I was seriously considering trying one of their "flagship" iems with multiple drivers, after all the most expensive one costs 200 something, and if the 30 something mounted to (as some people already mentioned) the 200-300 something imr category, then their flagship can be really something special!
great idea, is there a link, I would also like to take a look.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #15,522 of 18,013
This is a brilliant idea.
They have a couple of 12 ba units priced at 160 usd and another Knowles unit at 350.
They look like aful / kiwi , but maybe just the shells.
But some have a minimum order of 2 or 3 units. This makes it difficult.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #15,524 of 18,013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back