Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 15, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #15,256 of 18,013
These things are so tiny.
And yes they do sound fantastic.
It is unnatural that so small drivers deliver that Mass of sound!
20231115_162811_HDR.jpg
I think it's the form factor than the size of the driver is playing more important role here. Because of the small size, I guess it gets a snug fit and good seal which results in good sound. Klipsch T5M has similar size 5mm driver and small form factor just like these and they sound decent as per the price bracket.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #15,257 of 18,013
What's with the unbranded cables being sold on the eBay store?
These things are so tiny.
And yes they do sound fantastic.
It is unnatural that so small drivers deliver that Mass of sound!
20231115_162811_HDR.jpg
I mentioned this a while back regarding tiny IEMs and soundstage... the weight (or lack of weight to be more accurate) and feeling as if there's nothing in your ears, gives the impression of music appearing out with your headspace. It's a strange experience. I get the same with Bluetooth headphones as there's no cable weighing them down.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #15,258 of 18,013
What's with the unbranded cables being sold on the eBay store?
From past experience I would say a couple of one-off cables - maybe bought for testing & now selling or just someone from the company selling them. No biggy

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #15,259 of 18,013
My Red Dawn are finally shipping.
Truly if Red-Dawn is the same IEM, I'd definitely buy a couple of those because having not a replaceable cable they are doomed not to last.
Been so long since I've dealt with non-replaceable cable that I didn't even think of that. You raise a valid point.

Back in the day when I had fixed cable "buds" from Sony and Sennheiser, they typically lasted me four years (actually, it was like clockwork, with purchases in 2004, 2008, and 2012). Bob is selling his Dawn for $323 ... and the product page on IMR site says 5 year warranty.

Failure after that and you bin them?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #15,260 of 18,013
I've just emailed IMR, in both of their email addresses, asking for an update regarding my Enigma AMT + Dual Electrostatic order, and requesting to send me pictures of my IEM, since in their last update - on November 1st - they have said, they're just waiting for new anodised filters and cables.

I've sent a similar email two days ago, no response. Let's see when and if they will respond this time.
So, I just got a response from IMR, see screenshot. Let's all hope for the best! 👍

Attachments

• IMR.png
    IMR.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
Nov 16, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #15,262 of 18,013
My Red Dawn are finally shipping.

Been so long since I've dealt with non-replaceable cable that I didn't even think of that. You raise a valid point.

Back in the day when I had fixed cable "buds" from Sony and Sennheiser, they typically lasted me four years (actually, it was like clockwork, with purchases in 2004, 2008, and 2012). Bob is selling his Dawn for $323 ... and the product page on IMR site says 5 year warranty.

Failure after that and you bin them?
Maybe it could be sent for cable replacement.
Now a comment about pricing. Having said that I find these overpriced I do not mean that they should be sold for 50 euros. SQ-wise they are definitely around the 300 euros league.
But I am sure that manufacturing costs are well below that ( maybe they are just slightly modified Red-Dawns after all).
I would be more happy to pay 200 for these but who knows how much profit margin IMR keeps for other builds anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back