Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 13, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #11,446 of 18,013
He's not wrong. I tried several different tips and these are amazing. I will say the original design (Penon Audio sold) JVC spiral dots were the only other ones that fit me well in the same size, but they seemed to make the sound a little warmer where the Crystals seemed to bring in the highs a bit better. I suppose there's a time and place for them as well. Good luck!
Thank you, I (really) hope you are right about this! My Rah 2023 did not exactly come with a "Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit", as claimed on the website. You can see all of the stock tips in the attached photo. I am not sure if it's like this with everyone. At this point, I would like to kindly ask all of you who will be receiving your IMR in the following days, please take a few pictures of your product and its accessories, so that we can all see what is offered.

The small number of stock tips would not be a problem at all for me, if they would fit me well. So far, not only I have tried all of the stock tips, but I have also tried a lot of other tips from all the other IEMs you can see in my signature. 7Hz offers plenty of stock tips and my RAPTGO HOOK-X came with 18 pairs of stock tips! From all of those, I've only managed to find 2 short pairs to fit. But the acoustic result is not optimal... I am not sure if it is the fit or that they are not fully burned-in, yet. And, that is what bothers me.

My ears are of normal size. I have never had any issue with fitting with any of my other IEMs. The Rah 2023 is the only IEM, ever, that has imposed tip rolling to me. For all the rest, L size of the regular stock tips fit great and give the best results for me.

Tomorrow morning, at 9:00 AM UK time, I will pass the barrier of 300 hours of playback time. I will also receive the Sedna Earfit Crystal. I will then start assessing them and post my initial thoughts here.

Attachments

• StockTips.jpg
    StockTips.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #11,447 of 18,013
Wrote to Bob on updates for Elan+, Seraph+ and Titan. He responded promptly. He gave me a new tracking for Elan+ and said he would rebuild Seraph+ and Titan for me. Will update further!

Did anyone received their Titan yet? I wrote to Bob the other day saying I have yet to receive a tracking number but the status for both orders (preorder and remaining balanced) say it was fulfilled. No response yet.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #11,449 of 18,013
Thank you, I (really) hope you are right about this! My Rah 2023 did not exactly come with a "Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit", as claimed on the website. You can see all of the stock tips in the attached photo. I am not sure if it's like this with everyone. At this point, I would like to kindly ask all of you who will be receiving your IMR in the following days, please take a few pictures of your product and its accessories, so that we can all see what is offered.

The small number of stock tips would not be a problem at all for me, if they would fit me well. So far, not only I have tried all of the stock tips, but I have also tried a lot of other tips from all the other IEMs you can see in my signature. 7Hz offers plenty of stock tips and my RAPTGO HOOK-X came with 18 pairs of stock tips! From all of those, I've only managed to find 2 short pairs to fit. But the acoustic result is not optimal... I am not sure if it is the fit or that they are not fully burned-in, yet. And, that is what bothers me.

My ears are of normal size. I have never had any issue with fitting with any of my other IEMs. The Rah 2023 is the only IEM, ever, that has imposed tip rolling to me. For all the rest, L size of the regular stock tips fit great and give the best results for me.

Tomorrow morning, at 9:00 AM UK time, I will pass the barrier of 300 hours of playback time. I will also receive the Sedna Earfit Crystal. I will then start assessing them and post my initial thoughts here.
It's definitely not a huge selection. "Modest" would be a better word!

My right ear needs the biggest possible tips, XL for some brands. Large Spiral Dot++ have been working well (and M in the left ear).

I think the only stock tips that ever worked for me came with the FiiO FH5.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #11,450 of 18,013
Well my BC23 just arrived and I am excited to get some burn in time going.
Am I the only one that didn't get a case for their iem?
Congratulations, I hope you will like them! Have patience with their burn-in.

I have received my Rah 2023 on February, 1st. There was no IEM case. The stock tips appear to be the same.

Attachments

• IMR_Rah.jpg
    IMR_Rah.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 13, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #11,451 of 18,013
Well my BC23 just arrived and I am excited to get some burn in time going.
Am I the only one that didn't get a case for their iem?

Mines did not come with a case.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #11,452 of 18,013
Just got 2 new moon Cables from Cosmic Cables one 2 pin single crystal copper and one silver coated copper MMCX and I've got to say they are superb the 2 pin I have on the BC and boy! They sound even better more space between instruments and details in the bass textures. They handle like a dream with added bonus of being made to order in the UK so no import taxes worth checking out if you're a cable aficionado

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #11,453 of 18,013
The old Rah and BC didn't come with the new IMR case - wonder if this holds true to the new models. Just cracked and ordered the BC - have the Opus Mia and DM already and the Zion on the way (whenever that is), so should be able to do an IMR basshead shootout to work out which one will be staying to keep my Avalon company. :wink:

Feb 13, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #11,454 of 18,013
Just got 2 new moon Cables from Cosmic Cables one 2 pin single crystal copper and one silver coated copper MMCX and I've got to say they are superb the 2 pin I have on the BC and boy! They sound even better more space between instruments and details in the bass textures. They handle like a dream with added bonus of being made to order in the UK so no import taxes worth checking out if you're a cable aficionado
I am not a cable aficionado but I would appreciate a link to the 2-pin cable you mention, appropriate for my Rah 2023.

Thank you

Feb 13, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #11,455 of 18,013
Feb 13, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #11,456 of 18,013
Feb 13, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #11,457 of 18,013
Anyone wishing to purchase a seraph will have one available shortly. I have formally requested Bob to reimburse me.

I am very sorry, but I found it a joke that everyone has received, or is about to receive, the BCs and Rahs, sent during the alleged cyber-attack, while the seraphs are supposedly missing and sended three months ago.
I have the impression that this whole thing has been lied about from the beginning until the situation has become intolerable. You can read my opinion about this issue

As a loyal IMR supporter, this situation grieves me deeply, but I believe that these events, had they been provoked by any other company, would have been the cause of a great controversy in this network. This is why I can no longer tolerate the situation and I fear that IMR has lost a loyal buyer.

Greatings to all that have received their iems, and keep enjoying your fabulous imrs. Im writing this while hearing Yello from the greatest ever Sempers

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #11,458 of 18,013
Indeed. Items that were supposedly shipped 2 months ago are still stuck in the queue, but items that were sent only a couple weeks ago have already arrived. Something doesn't make sense.

Please keep us updated whether or not your reimbursement actually comes through.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #11,459 of 18,013
Cool THICK cables, Looking at them, they can also be used for self defense if need be
Thick and supple that feel good in the hand...

Feb 13, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #11,460 of 18,013
I can only afford IMR sets used, essentially. If people have a bigger budget, many on this forum do, more power to you.
Thankfully their used value, limited run or not, plummets like nobody's business from the original retail prices.
FWIW the B-stock Ozar (as well as my beloved E1DA DACs) deliver by far the best bang for the buck ratio of all the stuff I bought in my 45 years of audiophrenia. No idea how the '23 BC could manage to perform at least double-plus-better to dethrone the Ozar in that department but with all the praise coming in and those puppies on their way I better get my old skin prepared for the goosebump attacks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back