• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #10,981 of 18,505
Is it the new one or the past release?

talked today to Bob and it got me pumped. He's quite enthusiastic about the driver he shipped the new ones with
Last time i had contact with Bob nothing was shipped because of the Royal Mail problems.
Did you get new info?

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #10,982 of 18,505
Well... Now both of my blue lower stage filters are dead on my New Aten. The vent holes are not venting anything. Yesterday the problem was only with one of them, but today both filters are clogged. I still don't get it, how is this happening to me, and why it's a second IMR I have with the same problem (first was R2 Aten). How people use black lower stage filters and not encounter vacuum effect and driver failure because of it? Am I that "unique", or just extremely unlucky?

Jan 20, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #10,983 of 18,505
My understanding is the same as yours although of course it varys - The Zenith II has a huge 14.5mm driver yet its not really a basshead IEM
In recent IEMs Bob has updated to the largest 'motors' for the CNT/ALDC drivers so you get the biggest movement possible with the accuracy of the CNT/ADLC hardness - An intriguing combination. The DM though sounds exactly as I would expect from this description
That's pretty interesting, and without getting too detailed or scientific here something very similar goes for the 1st gen. Zeniths with their 14mm beryllium drivers - I get subjectively more relative bass, especially sub-bass quantity and speed (no surprise here) from the Ozar's 10mm CNT-ALDC drivers (same black nozzle/filters, back vent closed on Z) ... specific chain (see below), different driver efficiencies, impedances, tuning, you name it.

(On a side note ... one of the main reasons I got the E1DA 9038s DACs for (1st and 3rd gen.): the very low output impedance (~0.05 Ohm) > HUGE damping factor > tight control of those DD coils/membranes, especially relevant when it comes to sub-bass signals or the drivers' resonant frequency ranges. Funnily though I wouldn't call the Ozar's bass response to clinical or dry on those DACs, got some bass guitars and tube/solid state amps flying around here and I'm pretty happy about the low end I get from that IMR/E1DA chain.)

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #10,985 of 18,505
Last time i had contact with Bob nothing was shipped because of the Royal Mail problems.
Did you get new info?
I've got my DHL tracking number, rah and bc are on the wah
Hi Alex, can you share what he said please? I didn't realise the BC he has up on the store now is different to the original version.

New dlc driver (according to him. Not the same as Z2) Bolder sub bass. I'll try em next week and update. Though Im excited for the rah and the Mix between the 2

Jan 20, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #10,986 of 18,505
Well... Now both of my blue lower stage filters are dead on my New Aten. The vent holes are not venting anything. Yesterday the problem was only with one of them, but today both filters are clogged. I still don't get it, how is this happening to me, and why it's a second IMR I have with the same problem (first was R2 Aten). How people use black lower stage filters and not encounter vacuum effect and driver failure because of it? Am I that "unique", or just extremely unlucky?
What about some rubbing alcohol and a needle tip? I never got any filter clogged but I clean the area like that, even a warm wet cloth could do the trick.

Jan 20, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #10,987 of 18,505
Elan+ Are in the house. Have only had a small listen but they put that smile on my face you get when you know they are good. They remind me of the dark matter but more refined. The same power but higher quality. Thunderous bass.

Some pics comparing the size to Dark Matter & big daddy Semper. They are big but fit me very nice. More comfortable than the Semper I'm less aware they are in my ears.

Attachments

• 20230120_134149.jpg
    20230120_134149.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230120_134200.jpg
    20230120_134200.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230120_134314.jpg
    20230120_134314.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230120_134320.jpg
    20230120_134320.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230120_134336_HDR.jpg
    20230120_134336_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #10,988 of 18,505
What about some rubbing alcohol and a needle tip? I never got any filter clogged but I clean the area like that, even a warm wet cloth could do the trick.
The only thing that comes to my mind that can cause it is moist build up. Since the problem is not only with blue lower stage filters, the problem is when there's no way for air to escape - the vacuum appears, which muffles the sound or eliminates it completely. If that won't work, I don't know what will. I've never had such problems with any chifi IEMs, I even tried to close vent holes on my TFZ Live X, and they still work as intended, but with a slight bass boost. So I assume it's not quite normal for IMR to act like that.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #10,990 of 18,505
Elan+ Are in the house. Have only had a small listen but they put that smile on my face you get when you know they are good. They remind me of the dark matter but more refined. The same power but higher quality. Thunderous bass.

Some pics comparing the size to Dark Matter & big daddy Semper. They are big but fit me very nice. More comfortable than the Semper I'm less aware they are in my ears.

Gosh, something new shipped out! Very nice.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #10,991 of 18,505

Good to see people getting this! No movement yet on my tracking for the Elan+.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #10,992 of 18,505
Im surprised you find the mids recessed on the Ozar though - I assume you've gone through the various filter combos and rolled tips ?

Yeah, most of them. Tho I haven't really messed around with the green or silver ones, either top/bottom. I've tried different sources too and I'm missing some (not lots) of mid detail ) I'm used to hearing in songs I know well, from other IEMs. It could be the forward vocal and thick bass (with certain bottom filters).

I'm using the stock tips and cable. Most of the tip rolling either enhanced the lush sound and thickened the vocals and bass even more, which at times made detail less sharper. I tried cheaper silver cables which actually makes the Ozar more pleasingly musical, but strangely, more lush. Not the usual effect I get from silver cables?!

This could sound like I'm not enjoying it, but far from it. The only thing I will say, I'm not sure I'd have been happy if I paid £400. That is a personal taste thing and only cos it's a huge amount for me to pay. The max I've paid is £250. At £90, it's extraordinary value.

Bob said he could make me a Splash of Gold brand new at it's full price which I'm considering. I do see them pop up on eBay from time to time tho cheap from previous buyers!?!

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #10,993 of 18,505
This is such a complex hobby! So you've probably all realised I'm bargain Brenda, most of my collection comes from ebay apart from a few IMR and a couple of planars. So I picked up the Meze Audio Penta Solo for under £100 mainly to get the case which was missing from the Meze Advar when it arrived. By all accounts the Solo is a soso iem.. This is where the complex bit comes from. Listening to Carol Kings Tapestry on the uncapped Japanese version of the Sony Zx507 with this iem is the most I've ever enjoyed it. Listen with the Sony Nw-WM1A, Shanling M6pro (21) and fiio M15 it sounds MEH. So with this knowledge I experimented with different players and IMR iems
The Original Zenith was immense on the Aforementioned Sony Zx507 but bloomy bass on the FiiO M15 and a bit flat on the Shanling M6pro
EDP Ace is all about the Sony Nw-WM1A
DARK Matter favoured the Shanling M6pro
The R2Red was at its best with the Shanling m5s
Then factor in tips and cables
The shape of ear canals the state of your eardrums...
Really I've come to the conclusion reviews are pointless

Yeah, can't count how many times I've heard an IEM totally different to reviewers and other users experiences... And how various sources, and cables can change the tone, bass, clarity, etc of an IEM so immensely at times. I've had cheap as chips portable amps make an IEM sound better/different than my desktop setup. I've changed the tips and DAP on an IEM which is/was ridiculed for having no bass, and heard it come thru with depth lol.

Some if not most popular reviewers do their best to discuss other sources and the effects they have on the IEM, but it's all so personal for an individual, you have to take it with the mindset it won't match your experience. Not always.

Even with the Ozar I'm obviously currently using... filter combos I'm hearing are far from matching what I've read others hearing in this thread.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #10,994 of 18,505
Good to see people getting this! No movement yet on my tracking for the Elan+.
They are worth the wait.

I got the "there is something coming email" 2 Thursdays ago so just over a week from then. Checked the tracking number yesterday and nothing was happening so was surprised to get them today. Hopefully they all are on their way now and you get a nice surprise in the post.

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #10,995 of 18,505
I just ordered the new Bass Canon. Need my foundations shaken. How does it differ from the old Bass Canon?
I'd like to know the real difference myself! I love my v1's:grin:

BC Love.jpg

However my fave so far of my IMR wares are the R2's:wink:

R2-C3-1S.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back