Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 12, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #8,776 of 18,530
Ordered Jan 21, 2022

Delivered August 11, 2022

So far, after listening to the Z1R for a while, the EDP Ace sounded hollow and incoherent. But after switching the tips to Spiral Dots and Azla Crystals, they sound better. Listening to them now and letting them burn in. Will give them a proper test when they burn in further.

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #8,777 of 18,530
the EDP Ace sounded hollow and incoherent.
It also could happened as burn in process part. I've got a period (50 hours or so) of completely incoherently sounding Avalon. Then everything went into right place. As always cable as well may change sound.

Now I'm listening to Astra Ultraque. Sweet Jesus. They are the best iem I've listened in my life.
If Titan are best version of Astra this is win. Unfortunately can't buy them.

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #8,778 of 18,530
I remember him saying he had changed the holes, [and mesh?] but you can see from the pic they seem thicker with a narrower bore. (Blue are ETS)
Had a quick listen to all of them. Its looking like they are changing the over all flavour. They are NOT just Xtra bass, mids or treble as you might think by their colours!

Very much liking what I am hearing though. The DM is a little bit similar to the EDP/= for me in that I could never quite get the tuning dialed in for perfection like I have now done for the Semper

The ETS seem like the old secret magical orange filter that Bob once sent me that just magically got the tuning I wanted from the EDP o_0
Im really liking the sound with the green filter - The only obvious change I picked up from them all with a quick listen was more bass-midbass with the Grey.

The organic deep richness of bass guitars with the green though is phenomenal

I think other people will need to add their thoughts on the ETS - What they are offering is quite subtle. Hard to explain but they seemed to have certainly got me a lot closer to a place where I can be 100% happy now with the DM

I got the ETS filters today and have been listening with them this evening.
I have to admit I'm pulled towards to green filters as well.

I have been using them with the Avalons only for now. I am already using the the blue-blue filters so I started with the blue filters. I'm using IEM with the DX300/Amp11.

Interestingly, with the different ETS filters, I am hearing a change in soundstage presentation rather than sound difference.
I hear a nice bass response, clear mid detail and pleasant upper range with all the filters. The narrower bore seems to give me a cleaner, crisper sound than what I had with the original blue filters.
The silver ETS appears to have a narrower soundstage for me, not really to my liking.
The blue ETS puts vocals very close and a little too forward for me.

I think the reason I like the green ETS right now is that it gives me a soundstage that I'm really liking with the Avalons. It sets the vocals back for me and gives a nicer holographic presentation to the overall soundstage. Soundstage is not unlike what I have with the Sempers, which I have been preferring.

20220812_222709.jpg

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #8,779 of 18,530
I got the ETS filters today and have been listening with them this evening.
I have to admit I'm pulled towards to green filters as well.

I have been using them with the Avalons only for now. I am already using the the blue-blue filters so I started with the blue filters. I'm using IEM with the DX300/Amp11.

Interestingly, with the different ETS filters, I am hearing a change in soundstage presentation rather than sound difference.
I hear a nice bass response, clear mid detail and pleasant upper range with all the filters. The narrower bore seems to give me a cleaner, crisper sound than what I had with the original blue filters.
The silver ETS appears to have a narrower soundstage for me, not really to my liking.
The blue ETS puts vocals very close and a little too forward for me.

I think the reason I like the green ETS right now is that it gives me a soundstage that I'm really liking with the Avalons. It sets the vocals back for me and gives a nicer holographic presentation to the overall soundstage. Soundstage is not unlike what I have with the Sempers, which I have been preferring.

Try AMP12 for my ears it's just addictive. A bit more aggressive (more accents on micro contrast) and powerful. With Avalon it works well because it slaps slightly relaxed DD.

For you that stay in HK this cable is really convenient, it takes all the mids out of Avalon making soundstage epic holographic, this was the time I really understood how it could be 3D sound in iem . Just a must have.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #8,780 of 18,530
was Ace supposed to ship with ETS as well?

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #8,783 of 18,530
42DDE207-0139-4DE5-B302-0D8FDBFF2876.jpeg
The Zii are interesting in that they bear so little resemblance to either the Ozar or the DM. They do have a unique sound about them and they scale very very well, especially the bass. The bass seems to slam more with a better quality source.

The ports are also interesting. Not night and day but I can certainly heard the difference. It does impact the soundstage.

So far, the star of the show is the bass. Let’s see how it develops as it gets burned-in. For reference, I am using black upper and lower nozzles OOTB.
I having some comfort issues with the Zii. Key to the Zii and what makes them special is the bass. For that to happen, the Zii needs a good seal. In order to get a good seal, I need to push the iem deep enough. So far so good. However, there are some sharp edges which is part of the port mechanism and when I push the iem deep enough to get the seal, the sharp edges start cutting into my ears. It is worse on my right then on my left.

Right now I put up with it because the sound of the Zii is that good. Maybe my ears need to physically burn-in too!

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #8,784 of 18,530
I think it's a mistake to play with different filter combinations until these earphones have at least 50 hrs on, and more is preferable. As the sound is changing and what sounds right one day sounds off the next.

Zen II have a lot of presence.

Definition of presence from the Merriam Webster dictionary:
5 b, the actor's commanding presence.

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #8,785 of 18,530
Try AMP12 for my ears it's just addictive. A bit more aggressive (more accents on micro contrast) and powerful. With Avalon it works well because it slaps slightly relaxed DD.

For you that stay in HK this cable is really convenient, it takes all the mids out of Avalon making soundstage epic holographic, this was the time I really understood how it could be 3D sound in iem . Just a must have.

Yes. I have AMP12, AMP13, but the AMP11 back in place as perhaps the DX300 may become a DX320. Will check out the cable thanks. Should have got this message earlier. Letsgoaudio was at the Audio show last week. They may have had the cable there to try.

I got to try a yet to be released Dita cable that went really well with the Semper as well. Even fit was good over the ears. They were keen to get me to try, but they couldn't tell me a price or release date. I got a free t-shirt from them which was nice, heh.

Meet The Celeste.

20220807_155047.jpg20220807_154521.jpg

Aug 12, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #8,786 of 18,530
Aug 12, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #8,787 of 18,530
The black bar on my right unit seems to be slightly loose, as there is a slight rattle when I flick it or when I turn my head quickly. So I'll need to tighten that up.
My left unit too. I am worried it is not the black bar but the part 😥

I sent out an email to Bob and waiting for his response.

Aug 12, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #8,788 of 18,530
I having some comfort issues with the Zii. Key to the Zii and what makes them special is the bass. For that to happen, the Zii needs a good seal. In order to get a good seal, I need to push the iem deep enough. So far so good. However, there are some sharp edges which is part of the port mechanism and when I push the iem deep enough to get the seal, the sharp edges start cutting into my ears. It is worse on my right then on my left.

Right now I put up with it because the sound of the Zii is that good. Maybe my ears need to physically burn-in too!
Less pain now. Looks like my ears are burning too! Haha! Listening to this now on the Zii. Very nice!

Love Snarky Puppy!

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #8,789 of 18,530
My left unit too. I am worried it is not the black bar but the part 😥

I sent out an email to Bob and waiting for his response.
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure it's the bar. Not sure I have the right screwdriver head to attempt tightening.

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #8,790 of 18,530
Welp, there goes 28 bucks down the drain... Bought some Spiral Dots to try since there are several folks here who seem to prefer them. Nope. They have an effect similar to most other tips where they emphasize the bass, particularly the upper bass, making things a bit boomy, as well as damping out some of the 5-8k range. Also reduces some texture in the bass. Sort of smooths everything out. Definitely not my cup of tea. I'll stick with my Easytips SS20. I've been using them for quite a while, maybe most of this year, and I have found them to be the most neutral tips out of the dozens that I've tried with clearly the largest soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back