Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 5, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #7,471 of 18,533
@PeacockObscura - Thanks for this by the way. Helped me decide - Raptgo Hook X arrived today and I absolutely love them.
They passed and in some cases surpassed all my test tracks
Pretty much a perfect blend of Audiophile clarity & music lovers warm natural nous
The holographic imaging & staging can be extraordinary.
VERY impressed OFTB but really looking forward to hearing them after some burn in :)
They really settle at about 50hrs they just have a unique sound, I mean each individual aspect is not necessarily the best in class but the combined sound is astounding I especially enjoyed Jethro Tull the way they position the vocals was sublime.

Jul 5, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #7,472 of 18,533
They really settle at about 50hrs they just have a unique sound, I mean each individual aspect is not necessarily the best in class but the combined sound is astounding I especially enjoyed Jethro Tull the way they position the vocals was sublime.

Ha! I was thinking just that same thing picking out some parts of Mark Knopfler - Its kind of Audiophile Lo-fi but it really works. Its just so darn pleasing and comforting to listen to - There is nothing 'wrong' with any of it that takes you out of the enjoyment and yet you can still go into the mix if you want and even if you say 'well that's not quite accurate' (to an Audiophile perfectionist) its doesn't bring disappointment or dissatisfaction
As I say my mind is just really happy to both enjoy the music [as a music lover] AND be able to pick out details and positioning, enjoying some of the more Audiophile aspects - This is very rare and refreshing

I like Dark Matter a lot but it can be demanding and sometimes is a little bit too try hardy pure. A little too 'good' to be able to actually FULLY enjoy it - Gives a lot of 'Wow' moments but if Im tired its a bit much at times

If an IEM can handle the Steven Wilson remaster version of the track 'A new day yesterday' from 'Stand Up' then that is Very impressive.
I was listening to Jethro Tull earlier with Hook-x and was loving it
They have a little bit of a newly made 'sheen' to them...as you would expect but I can hear there is a wonderfully natural tonality to them which Im looking forward to enjoying as its settles into that

As a bonus they really suit my 'Travel DAP' - A small but very powerful Pleneu D2 - The Cirrus Logic CS43131 DAC chips can be quite natural and neutral sounding with my Ozar's but the Hook X sounds much warmer, natural and 3D ish. A lot more musical

Anyway, thanks again for sharing :)

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #7,474 of 18,533
Do any of you who have your shipping notification for the EDP Ace know where you were on the list? Are they shipping earliest orders first?

I don’t have a notification yet even though I’ve been compulsively clicking refresh for 24 hours now. Sigh.

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #7,475 of 18,533
Ha! I was thinking just that same thing picking out some parts of Mark Knopfler - Its kind of Audiophile Lo-fi but it really works. Its just so darn pleasing and comforting to listen to - There is nothing 'wrong' with any of it that takes you out of the enjoyment and yet you can still go into the mix if you want and even if you say 'well that's not quite accurate' (to an Audiophile perfectionist) its doesn't bring disappointment or dissatisfaction
As I say my mind is just really happy to both enjoy the music [as a music lover] AND be able to pick out details and positioning, enjoying some of the more Audiophile aspects - This is very rare and refreshing

I like Dark Matter a lot but it can be demanding and sometimes is a little bit too try hardy pure. A little too 'good' to be able to actually FULLY enjoy it - Gives a lot of 'Wow' moments but if Im tired its a bit much at times

If an IEM can handle the Steven Wilson remaster version of the track 'A new day yesterday' from 'Stand Up' then that is Very impressive.
I was listening to Jethro Tull earlier with Hook-x and was loving it
They have a little bit of a newly made 'sheen' to them...as you would expect but I can hear there is a wonderfully natural tonality to them which Im looking forward to enjoying as its settles into that

As a bonus they really suit my 'Travel DAP' - A small but very powerful Pleneu D2 - The Cirrus Logic CS43131 DAC chips can be quite natural and neutral sounding with my Ozar's but the Hook X sounds much warmer, natural and 3D ish. A lot more musical

Anyway, thanks again for sharing :)
1657058171175.png

You two (primarily) got me to jump on the DM. As tempting as these sound (pun intended?), I've got the Ace coming and I'm just going to have to ignore your rapturous comments about the Raptgo.

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #7,476 of 18,533
Do any of you who have your shipping notification for the EDP Ace know where you were on the list? Are they shipping earliest orders first?

I don’t have a notification yet even though I’ve been compulsively clicking refresh for 24 hours now. Sigh.

It would be good practice to consider adopting the following philosophy.

They are all shipping. The end.

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #7,477 of 18,533

I was #41 but I'm sure they'll all ship at the same time, probably just sending notifications as it gets scanned before actually shipping.

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #7,478 of 18,533

Got my notice today. I was number 14 I think, or at least somewhere around that number. Royal Mail still not registering the number but that's normal as per past orders. It usually takes a couple of days

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #7,479 of 18,533
It would be good practice to consider adopting the following philosophy.

They are all shipping. The end.
But that negates the thrill of anticipation and assumes a certain level of maturity that some would say I don’t possess, not to mention the presumption that three months of delayed gratification will eventually be, uh, gratified in spite of the aforementioned delayed satisfaction.

It’s like saying “You’ll get Christmas presents. The end.” Unless you don’t celebrate Christmas, in which case this tongue-in-cheek metaphor doesn’t work any better than my less-than-literal portrayal of clicking refresh like a tweaker checking to see if his offshore supplier has posted a tracking number yet…but I digress.

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #7,480 of 18,533
1657058171175.png

You two (primarily) got me to jump on the DM. As tempting as these sound (pun intended?), I've got the Ace coming and I'm just going to have to ignore your rapturous comments about the Raptgo.

Its not necessarily completely beyond the realms of possibility for you to borrow them at some point.
*Walks off whistling nonchalantly*

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #7,482 of 18,533
But that negates the thrill of anticipation and assumes a certain level of maturity that some would say I don’t possess, not to mention the presumption that three months of delayed gratification will eventually be, uh, gratified in spite of the aforementioned delayed satisfaction.

It’s like saying “You’ll get Christmas presents. The end.” Unless you don’t celebrate Christmas, in which case this tongue-in-cheek metaphor doesn’t work any better than my less-than-literal portrayal of clicking refresh like a tweaker checking to see if his offshore supplier has posted a tracking number yet…but I digress.

Ok then I guess all your desires shall be fulfilled…..probably at some point..when is the question, oh gawd freaking when.

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #7,483 of 18,533
Jul 5, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #7,485 of 18,533
Wow thank you, just took the foam out of the gold treble tips and put it in the green tips on top of the foam already there on the IMR knights with black bottom and boom a totally different iem, thin sound banished meaty base and great MIDs with just enough treble. Amazing how such a small piece of acoustic foam can transform the sound.
its the same as black since it has no release port.

I can recommend you silver (the shiniest one, with the massive port) to port it with micropore, it does change making it bass head with a funny effect, what i didnt like about that one is that it can get congested, but no more than black, which can get violent sometimes and play funny things.

I promise to do a post with all my “i have nothing to do, but i cannot sleep so therefore i need to keep my head busy” tests with imr’s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back