Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #6,826 of 18,272
I should have commented earlier….I have the UTWS5, 5k, RU6, and have used the GoBlu. Happy to answer any ?s
I have 5K, does it make a sense to get Go Blu? I love the 5K very much. Is the sound of Go Blu much more improved over it?

Also, is there any clip case available for Go Blu to attach it to shirt?

Jun 5, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #6,827 of 18,272
Well morning is here in London. Fantastic concert, last night, at Buckingham Palace for the Queens Jubilee. I'm not a Royalist but I do admire her and even bonny Prince Charlie. Fantastic theatre.

As Shakespeare says.....

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts"

Every day we are in our roles in the theatre of life.

When I received the first Dark Matter, I wondered why all the fuss? Where was the IMR famous bass (which on my Ozar is stunning)? IMR are a different kind of company. They do listen. OK it must be hard running this most unusual company, but still there is more personal contact and kindness in the way Bob runs his company. Waiting for builds is usual.....but worth it. So a replacement was sent out for the first Dark Matter. Of course in the UK we are not subject to the vagaries of world postal systems and delivery is quick. Well the new replacement Dark Matter has arrived and is the most engaging IEM I have heard (I have about 50 IEMs). Bass is experiential, almost a bodily experience, like being in front of an imaginary speaker. Mids are sweet, tone-full, great timbre and musical.......highs are detailed sweet and don't grate like on many an IEM......they are very integrated. Stage is wide and for many tracks, outside the headspace. Are there negatives if you are lucky to get a peak functioning Dark Matter.....fit has to be sought and a good seal essential. The correct bass and treble tuning tips need to be found by trial and error (I'm a bass driven black lower and blue upper). Is the Dark Matter V-Shaped......no not really....the mids are in a way the star of the show. The mids are very forwards on the stage, but if you get a peak functioning Dark Matter, the mids are shiny deliciousness. All in all IMR are an unusual company and Bob's ear for tuning like no other. Barring some Planars no other IEMs are worthy of displacing the SOG, Ozar, Dark Matter from my ears........and the soon coming Ace is avidly awaited.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #6,829 of 18,272
I should have commented earlier….I have the UTWS5, 5k, RU6, and have used the GoBlu. Happy to answer any ?s
If you have the choices between 5k, go blu or UTWS5 which one would you go for? Are you able to find the fit for imr DM/others. How easy it is to pair for 5k? and is there a hiss noise when you connect using balanced cable or single end?

Jun 5, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #6,830 of 18,272
I have 5K, does it make a sense to get Go Blu? I love the 5K very much. Is the sound of Go Blu much more improved over it?

Stay with the 5k, blue wont be an upgrade. The sole software of 5k already makes it 3 times better

Jun 5, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #6,831 of 18,272
Stay with the 5k, blue wont be an upgrade. The sole software of 5k already makes it 3 times better
Thank you. Planning to do that. Yeah the software is incredible, the way it tracks everything, from power output to battery consumption, is simply outstanding.

Jun 5, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #6,832 of 18,272
I agree. The GoBlu sounds the least impressive.

Jun 5, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #6,833 of 18,272
If you have the choices between 5k, go blu or UTWS5 which one would you go for? Are you able to find the fit for imr DM/others. How easy it is to pair for 5k? and is there a hiss noise when you connect using balanced cable or single end?
5K, then UTWS5. Blu was the least impressive.

Pairing 5K is super easy. No hiss at all. The Blu does have a hiss when connected to balanced.

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #6,834 of 18,272
When I received the first Dark Matter, I wondered why all the fuss? Where was the IMR famous bass (which on my Ozar is stunning)? IMR are a different kind of company. They do listen. OK it must be hard running this most unusual company, but still there is more personal contact and kindness in the way Bob runs his company. Waiting for builds is usual.....but worth it. So a replacement was sent out for the first Dark Matter. Of course in the UK we are not subject to the vagaries of world postal systems and delivery is quick. Well the new replacement Dark Matter has arrived and is the most engaging IEM I have heard (I have about 50 IEMs). Bass is experiential, almost a bodily experience, like being in front of an imaginary speaker. Mids are sweet, tone-full, great timbre and musical.......highs are detailed sweet and don't grate like on many an IEM......they are very integrated. Stage is wide and for many tracks, outside the headspace. Are there negatives if you are lucky to get a peak functioning Dark Matter.....fit has to be sought and a good seal essential. The correct bass and treble tuning tips need to be found by trial and error (I'm a bass driven black lower and blue upper). Is the Dark Matter V-Shaped......no not really....the mids are in a way the star of the show. The mids are very forwards on the stage, but if you get a peak functioning Dark Matter, the mids are shiny deliciousness. All in all IMR are an unusual company and Bob's ear for tuning like no other. Barring some Planars no other IEMs are worthy of displacing the SOG, Ozar, Dark Matter from my ears........and the soon coming Ace is avidly awaited

I hate to do this kind of questions cause whenever I'm asked, I get.annoyed to not know how to reply; how would you describe the sound of the first DM pair you got? I ask since I own as well the DM and even though I love em, bass is not yet on the crazy thunderous level that the BC or aten5 has yet. I know the material on the driver has a HUGE role on this but still I've been wondering if burn in will bring that "brain rattling" quantity or if maybe my unit has a bit less of bass

For example my ozars were pretty on point, but they had a washing machine incident and now they need to go back to the mother land for a checkup with bob cause they got a wiring problem (I need to tap on the left side for it to "ground" and fully work) and I can tell right away... Maybe I'm just drifting here wondering if everything is ok, when everything is perfectly fine. Whenever I place other headphone brand, i feel there's something missing and whenever I use my imr I feel at home. So its like. "Everything is fine... But I want some drama" syndrome hehehe tbh ill start selling a bunch of headphones and only keep my imr collection, tried a bunch of the fotm, tried a bunch of hybrids and I always ended up going back to my favorites.

Sorry for the long post

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #6,835 of 18,272

On all of my Dongles I've been using Name Tag Magnets. Much stronger and much slimmer than clips and cases and you can attach them anywhere

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_083447_BURST003.jpg
    IMG_20220605_083447_BURST003.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220605_083507.jpg
    IMG_20220605_083507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #6,836 of 18,272
On all of my Dongles I've been using Name Tag Magnets. Much stronger and much slimmer than clips and cases and you can attach them anywhere
Quite interesting solution, gotta look that up! Thank you!

Jun 6, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #6,840 of 18,272
I hate to do this kind of questions cause whenever I'm asked, I get.annoyed to not know how to reply; how would you describe the sound of the first DM pair you got? I ask since I own as well the DM and even though I love em, bass is not yet on the crazy thunderous level that the BC or aten5 has yet. I know the material on the driver has a HUGE role on this but still I've been wondering if burn in will bring that "brain rattling" quantity or if maybe my unit has a bit less of bass

Damn, now you got me thinking too...
Yes, the bass is there on the DM, but it's nowhere the levels of BC - rather more levels of Rah (based purely on memory).

And regarding ETS I got word from Bob that it was sent by standard post, so at least outside of UK it can take 1-2 months to deliver. But yeah, he could've post some official statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back