Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 1, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #6,198 of 18,080
Sorry for the delay with a review (logistics is really complicated during the war), but thanks to the Ukrainian post, they've delivered both Dark Matter and Avalon I've ordered. So here is the first of the two videos :)

I think it is a feat to keep the post going at all during the war.

Wishing you all the very best!

May 1, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #6,199 of 18,080
Sorry for the delay with a review (logistics is really complicated during the war), but thanks to the Ukrainian post, they've delivered both Dark Matter and Avalon I've ordered. So here is the first of the two videos :)

Stay safe mate. I hope this war ends as soon as possible

May 1, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #6,200 of 18,080
At £380 it seemed rude not to order the Dark Matter. I've had a fair few IMR earphones and have loved Bob's earphones however I've had some fit issues with certain models.
Currently using the Elysium, looking forward to trying the Dark Matter.

May 1, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #6,202 of 18,080
It's May so... Ace time is approaching let the excitement begin 🤸😎

May 2, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #6,205 of 18,080
The combination of Cayin RU6 and Avalon sound crazy amazing

May 2, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #6,206 of 18,080

Great review! Thoughts and prayers going out to you and Ukraine during this difficult time. Happy to see people like you and Miss Monique doing what you do despite these difficult times.

May 2, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #6,207 of 18,080
There is no doubt that IMR IEMs have a BIG flavour. My alchemically transformed Ozar....is stunning. With the discounts until the 3rd May I've bought the SOG....too good to overlook, and I've already got the EDP Ace on order. I've been so enamoured with the IMR Ozar that I've finished buying from China. Why buy from China when I can buy from the UK and buy what meets my taste? My only worry is that I will be outpriced by future IMR IEMs. Shi_te, I'm late for the IMR party, but I'm glad I came....it's a great party. Listening through the iFi Go Blu 4.4mm adds to the joy and pleasure.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #6,208 of 18,080
Does anybody has both Avalon & Elan? How do you feel about mids and the intimacy of the sound stage n signature comparing this two iems?
I get a thick, rich sound from the Elan, but it does it magic at healthy volumes. Mids tend to get a little lost for me or at least sounds a little flat at really low down volumes.
Avalons for me give me great detail and soundstage throughout the volume range. Like the Semper I think they sound superb with nice detail at very soft volumes. Sempers have a darker tone then the Avalons for me.
I feel that the Avalons have a lighter, more uplifting tone than both the Semper and Elan

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #6,209 of 18,080
I get a thick, rich sound from the Elan, but it does it magic at healthy volumes. Mids tend to get a little lost for me or at least sounds a little flat at really low down volumes.
Avalons for me give me great detail and soundstage throughout the volume range. Like the Semper I think they sound superb with nice detail at very soft volumes. Sempers have a darker tone then the Avalons for me.
I feel that the Avalons have a lighter, more uplifting tone than both the Semper and Elan
Thanks for you feedback. The tone perception is slightly different.
Nozzle/filter setup and tips were the same for both iems, because I wanted to understand what was the difference based on the same starting positions. This are some impressions of mine:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-pro-audio-sonic-adventures-impressions.938732/post-16937197

May 2, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #6,210 of 18,080
The new IMR cables are awful, but I managed to increase comfort by taking off the plastic sheathing from the earhooks. It took a few minutes and I stabbed myself in fingertips with the small scissors more times than I like to admit, but fit is much better now and they don't flop over my ears.
I also cut the sleeves, but I found that because the cable is quite stiff, the cable still would slip over my ears with a little head movement.

I have now also added an extra metal slider to the cable. I don't feel any extra weight, but it seems to help straighten the cable downwards and it seems to help keep the cable in place.

20220502_224955.jpg20220321_205615.jpg20220321_204019.jpg20220321_203612.jpg20220321_152520.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back