Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 27, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #6,033 of 18,192
Is the Ozar way better than the splash of red? Is it a redundant choice if I already have the Elan? Fighting OCD iem buying...

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #6,034 of 18,192
Is the Ozar way better than the splash of red? Is it a redundant choice if I already have the Elan? Fighting OCD iem buying...

Nope, Sor packs a bit more bass, but ozar has better resolution and I feel it a bit quicker but not by a mile, I think you can chill.

I got the Thor mjolnir mk2 yesterday. Its Ok, ended up placing an imr mesh in the nozzle and damping a bit the outside bores, its too energetic in the mid highs and highs for me, though lately I've been toying around my aten5, opus mia and rah with some dampening in the back of the drivers, aten5 became a subwoofer with better mids, opus mia its just a beast... Rah its funny cause a little cotton swab in the back of the driver tamed the sub bass reverb, making the stage taller, mids and highs felt so different, I had to.change filters in the front. But still the bass kicks hard. Tried to play with r1 zenith but it didn't like the change, it still is my favorite iem not cause of sq but because I learnt so much from it (filters, nozzle mesh change, the effect of open and closed ports in the back etc.)

So far my ozar its my daily driver resting on my utws5 but I'm getting ready for zenith 2, I'm hoping for it to become my daily driver and my 2go for long sessions

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #6,035 of 18,192
Bob's feedback to me is that there's no need for Ozar if one has the Elan.

And, not quoting him, but I believe Elan is basically Ozar with BC added ...

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #6,036 of 18,192
Try ordering 64 Audio black silicone tips for 6$. I have Spiral Dots, Dots ++, Azla and another 15-20 tips in my collection and nothing beats the bass definition of 64 Audio's with IMR IEMs. Dots are OK with my Ozar, however the bass is more boomy like cheaper sub vs super punchy and defined like you get with better sub. They also bring mids more forward and tame highs a little bit which I really like.
Love Ozar so much, bought SOG for my souse to upgrade her Ikko OH10 - she's blown away, and couldn't resist pulling the trigger on DM yesterday.. There are not much impressions on DM, hope they are going to be upgrade to Ozar.
To me the Ozar are great and the Dark Matter a definite upgrade on them.

I don’t hear the Ozar as V-shaped at all, rather a W sound. Vocals are pleasantly clear and quite forward actually, not drowned in bass or eclipsed by treble. At least I get the highs and lows very well under control with something like red lower/green upper filters, on black/black they sounded rather boomy and sibilant.

The DM are not voiced too far apart, they are just more realistic. The stage sounds like open air whereas the Ozar are more just playing the notes in an intimate, conventional headspace. A layer of subtlety is added all over the frequency range, with a more lifelike timbre. I don’t hear them as bass monsters at all, the quantity is on par with the Ozar, with great quickness and texture.

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #6,037 of 18,192
Bob's feedback to me is that there's no need for Ozar if one has the Elan.

And, not quoting him, but I believe Elan is basically Ozar with BC added ...
If the Bob's present that he sent us is a pair of Ozar, actually the difference in sound quality is substantial.

Is it a redundant choice if I already have the Elan?
No need on Ozar, because Elan overkill 'em

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #6,038 of 18,192
What about Dark Matter vs Avalon? Could you describe the differences if you have both? I mainly listen to rock/metal/soundtracks on low volume and prefer balanced and somewhat relaxed sound.

If I have Avalon on the way would DM bring in something different or is it more of bass oriented version of Avalon without estats? Thinking wether to grab DM while the discount lasts or resist the urge. 🤔

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #6,039 of 18,192
Just got home and unboxed my avalon iems , im i missing some nozzles???
I guess the black ones r on the iem with the black filter and i have silver and grey. I thought it came with more nozzles 🤷‍♂️

B8A6F3FA-E9C5-4958-A6F0-F4CABB2A8E40.jpeg

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #6,040 of 18,192
Just got home and unboxed my avalon iems , im i missing some nozzles???
I guess the black ones r on the iem with the black filter and i have silver and grey. I thought it came with more nozzles 🤷‍♂️

B8A6F3FA-E9C5-4958-A6F0-F4CABB2A8E40.jpeg
No, this is correct (8 pairs of low filters n 6 for mid/treble)
1651085583061.png

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #6,044 of 18,192
Ohhh i c they come apart 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanks lol
Oh, you're new to IMR. Welcome to the club, then. And enjoy discovering your favourite music anew with your Avalons.
Make sure to share your impressions once you get them burned in and you get used to their sound and you find the nozzle and filter combination that you like.

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #6,045 of 18,192
Oh, you're new to IMR. Welcome to the club, then. And enjoy discovering your favourite music anew with your Avalons.
Make sure to share your impressions once you get them burned in and you get used to their sound and you find the nozzle and filter combination that you like.
Yes im new lol
I have the edp ace on pre order but this is my 2nd set my first is the zenith ?
I bought them used but dont think those nozzles come apart? Not checked lol

Would be unfair to give my opinion now altho i dont believe in ‘burn in’ i will burn them in

I guess i just leave them on playing music at normal listening volume ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back