• Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 18, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #5,898 of 18,028
i tried using my member code too and it wouldnt let me in

Apr 18, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #5,899 of 18,028
i tried using my member code too and it wouldnt let me in
Me neither. I emailed info@imr .... last week expressing some interest in the Elan+, but never got an email back. It's fine though... don't think I'll take that step.

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #5,901 of 18,028
Me neither. I emailed info@imr .... last week expressing some interest in the Elan+, but never got an email back. It's fine though... don't think I'll take that step.
EXACT same

Apr 19, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #5,903 of 18,028
Agreed. Which is why my threshold is the Elan+. The Ozar is not as popular (it seems since it was given away to appease shipment delays) as, say the Elan, and yet, it is the iem i reach for most of the time. Bob has been pretty accurate in his tuning descriptions so far and what sold it for me for the Elan+ was his description that "[t]he dual balanced armature elevates the midrange and vocal presentation to another level."

Can't wait to try the Elan+ but that will be a while yet. Not too bothered in the meantime since I have EDP Ace and Zenith II on pre-order also! :L3000:
Yeah, I'm a huge IMR stan, but right now, I am more than satisfied with what I have. But, who knows? Mayhaps I consider one down the line!

Apr 19, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #5,904 of 18,028
But is that just the deposit or the total price?
It is the deposit. You will be billed the the balance (if you pre-order now) when it is ready for delivery. The pre-order price is now 474.50 Sterling.

Edit: When I received by pre-order receipt, it provided that the estimated shipping date in Aug 2022.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #5,906 of 18,028
So I have been comparing my working IMR headphones and thinking over the differences between the avalon and semper and older IEM's from memory (halcyon, and aten currently broken). I have used a bunch of songs and also pink noise to EQ each model to what is the most pleasant or least harsh whilst also not reducing any frequency into being unballanced and thought I would share my findings here. First is the semper
semper EQ.jpg

Above Semper and below Avalon has a dip at 1.8k which is normal to counteract how sensitive our ears are in that area (look up Fletcher munsons Equal-loudness contour graph for more info). The meaningfull EQ I applied is a gentle boost to the whole midrange (as semper is quite V shaped/recessed) and a sharp cut to aleviate the trebble issus I have at 7.5k leading to a harsh and sibilant experience which is my main gripe with the semper.

Compared to the avalon below and by extension Ozar which I find very similar in frequency response it has a gentle cut over the whole midrange as its much more forward than desired plus has two cuts to reduce harshness at 3.1k and 8.3k. I find that the out of box experience on the semper is more pleasant than the Avalon but I miss the more controlled bass and wider soundstage.

Avalon EQ.jpg

Comparing to my Halcyions and PB1 from memory, (so take it with a grain of salt) the Halcyon and PB1 are much closer to my ideal headphone exibiting far less peaking frequencies than the semper or avalon with both seeming to have a fairly similar response. The main difference to me was the detail and stereo width in the trebble (better on halcyon) and mids (better on the pb1).

The PB1 made me tear up when I first recieved them and I have not had such a positive response from the other models since and I have been a bit dissapointed with the peakyness of both semper and avalon. I may try to trade in and fix some of my models depending on what new models are in the roadmap and maybe feedback from bob.

I'm just sharing my findings here as someone may find it usefull. I created the EQ curves in Ableton live and I do a lot of sound work (mostly live) as my main job. I may try steal the PB1's off my partner later to do an EQ curve on those if anyone is interested. She got the PB1 and I got the Halcyons which my son broke. All earphones are on black black filters.

Also its worth noting that the harsh peaks I hear are most notable at loud volumes which is often what I listen to as they also get used for work and for mixing bands live. The avalons are superior in soundstage, bass control and detail but to me they are not the smoothest, ie can be harsh when loud.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #5,907 of 18,028
Así que he estado comparando mis auriculares IMR que funcionan y pensando en las diferencias entre el avalon y el semper y los IEM más antiguos de la memoria (halcyon y aten actualmente rotos). He usado un montón de canciones y también ruido rosa para ecualizar cada modelo a lo que es más agradable o menos duro sin reducir ninguna frecuencia para que no esté balanceada y pensé en compartir mis hallazgos aquí. Primero está el sempre
Por encima de Semper y por debajo de Avalon tiene una caída de 1,8k, lo cual es normal para contrarrestar la sensibilidad de nuestros oídos en esa área (consulte el gráfico de contorno de volumen igual de Fletcher munsons para obtener más información). El ecualizador significativo que apliqué es un impulso suave a todo el rango medio (ya que el semper tiene bastante forma de V / empotrado) y un corte agudo para aliviar el problema de los agudos que tengo a 7.5k, lo que lleva a una experiencia dura y sibilante, que es mi principal queja con el semper

En comparación con el avalon a continuación y, por extensión, Ozar, que encuentro muy similar en respuesta de frecuencia, tiene un corte suave en todo el rango medio, ya que es mucho más avanzado de lo deseado, además tiene dos cortes para reducir la aspereza en 3.1k y 8.3k. Creo que la experiencia inmediata en el semper es más agradable que en el Avalon, pero echo de menos los graves más controlados y el escenario sonoro más amplio.

[ADJUNTAR=completo]4132558[/ADJUNTAR]

En comparación con mis Halcyions y PB1 de memoria, (así que tómelo con un grano de sal), el Halcyon y el PB1 están mucho más cerca de mi auricular ideal y exhiben muchas menos frecuencias máximas que el semper o el avalon y ambos parecen tener una respuesta bastante similar. La principal diferencia para mí fue el detalle y el ancho estéreo en los agudos (mejor en halcyon) y medios (mejor en pb1).

El PB1 me hizo llorar cuando lo recibí por primera vez y no he tenido una respuesta tan positiva de los otros modelos desde entonces y me ha decepcionado un poco el pico de semper y avalon. Puedo intentar intercambiar y arreglar algunos de mis modelos dependiendo de qué nuevos modelos hay en la hoja de ruta y tal vez de los comentarios de Bob.

Solo estoy compartiendo mis hallazgos aquí, ya que alguien puede encontrarlo útil. Creé las curvas de ecualización en Ableton Live y hago mucho trabajo de sonido (principalmente en vivo) como mi trabajo principal. Puedo intentar robar los PB1 de mi compañero más tarde para hacer una curva de ecualización en ellos si alguien está interesado. Ella obtuvo el PB1 y yo obtuve los Halcyons que mi hijo rompió. Todos los auriculares están en filtros negros negros.

Buenos días, yo tengo un Avalon (y Rah, Halcyon, Ozar, R1 Zenith) nunca he oído un Semper, me ha parecido muy interesante tu análisis y te agradezco que lo compartas aquí, yo solo puedo decir que los Avalon superan ampliamente a mis otros cuatro IMR, sobre todo con unos graves muy presentes pero controlados que generan una gran escena que es lo mas parecido a unos auriculares grandes. Halcyon se acerca pero algo mas descontrolado, y Rah es otra firma, tambien muy atractiva(mucho detalle), los otros dos son bastante inferiores al Avalon. Esta es mi opinión de un principiante. Me gustaria pensar que Avalon fue una buena elección de compra, siempre me quedara la duda de si Semper me hubiera gustado mas o no. Tu que crees Reminence? Gracias.

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #5,908 of 18,028
Me gustaria pensar que Avalon fue una buena elección de compra, siempre me quedara la duda de si Semper me hubiera gustado mas o no. Tu que crees Reminence? Gracias.
I prefer the semper to the avalons for sure, they are a lot smoother and less harsh to me but my semper still is a little bit too recessed/dark and has the sibilance peak.

I mannaged to steal back the PB1's off my partner and Its good to know my memory of them hold up well. Below is the eq applied to them with the same songs/pink noise.
PB1 EQ.jpg

As you can see I pretty much didnt touch them other than the usual 1.8k human sensitivity range that I would put on most headphones and sound systems if I could. Man I really love these, so smooth and almost perfect tuning.

Lets be clear though, the bass is no where near as controlled compared to the new CNT ADLC driver and the soundstage is not quite as wide but they are the perfect signature for me. After I talked to my partner she said they were wasted on her and offered them back so now she has the ozars instead. They will now go back to taking my top spot among the in ears.

One further thing I tried is the one working Halcyon right iem with the PB! on the left. Once again my memory is correct and they both have very similar sound signatures and tuning. Strangely every so slightly more treble on the pb1 and ever so slightly more lower mids on the halcyon. If I can get them repaired I will!

I may chat to bob about trade ins/repairs on upcomming models as long as the sound signature is as smooth as the PB1/halcyons.

On another note I am not convinced all models of the same series (ie all PB1's or all Halcyons) sound the same as each other given all the feedback on here. There may be some real differences due to being hand made/low production numbers.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #5,909 of 18,028
Lets be clear though, the bass is no where near as controlled compared to the new CNT ADLC driver and the soundstage is not quite as wide but they are the perfect signature for me. After I talked to my partner she said they were wasted on her and offered them back so now she has the ozars instead. They will now go back to taking my top spot among the in ears.

How do you rate the Ozar's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back