Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #3,781 of 18,497
It’s very hard to tell as the BC in both cases adds a somewhat unknown element that you can just, for the lack of a better word, ‘feel’. I think the BC in the Mest is used more to bridge mids and treble and make them more cohesive, whereas I believe the BC in the Elysium has a much wider range and its presence can be ‘felt’ more as a result.
I'd definitely agree with that as it pertains to the Astra. The BC definitely fills out the mids but it so much more than that. It brings a 3D Holographic effect that only enhances the listening experience. I don't remember it being anywhere near that pronounced in the OG Mest. I never heard mkii so I can't comment there but the BC in the Astra (and presumably Elysium) add a dimensionality far beyond just bridging the bass and treble through the mids. I had a brief hate on for them at around 275 hours but I'm well past 600 now and I can tell you that they are technical, detailed, mesmerizing and musical. And I'm sticking with this one, they really did need 500 hours to come fully into their potential.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #3,782 of 18,497
I'd definitely agree with that as it pertains to the Astra. The BC definitely fills out the mids but it so much more than that. It brings a 3D Holographic effect that only enhances the listening experience. I don't remember it being anywhere near that pronounced in the OG Mest. I never heard mkii so I can't comment there but the BC in the Astra (and presumably Elysium) add a dimensionality far beyond just bridging the bass and treble through the mids. I had a brief hate on for them at around 275 hours but I'm well past 600 now and I can tell you that they are technical, detailed, mesmerizing and musical. And I'm sticking with this one, they really did need 500 hours to come fully into their potential.
MKII is not that far from OG Mest and you are completely right the Astras ans Elans BC add more somehow than the MESTs. At least with my time on them.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #3,784 of 18,497
Waiting patiently for the pros...

Sep 1, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #3,788 of 18,497
I'm curious to know if Avalon would be an upgrade from Semper. Avalon is close to the Astra that received puzzled reviews in the past

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #3,791 of 18,497
It seems that Dark Matter is for bass heads. Avalon is more balanced. It's question of taste

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #3,792 of 18,497
It seems that Dark Matter is for bass heads. Avalon is more balanced. It's question of taste
I think they complement each other. Buy both is the way.😎

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #3,793 of 18,497
Love my Elysium now that they're broken in - prefer them over my Empire Ears Phantom. I want to get my first electrostats with Avalon, and its dual bone conductors which works really well on Elysium.

Although I ordered from the website, it appears I don't have an account with IMR. Did they use to have accounts before, or should I just create one? How do I ensure I get the membership benefit?

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3,794 of 18,497
Love my Elysium now that they're broken in - prefer them over my Empire Ears Phantom. I want to get my first electrostats with Avalon, and its dual bone conductors which works really well on Elysium.

Although I ordered from the website, it appears I don't have an account with IMR. Did they use to have accounts before, or should I just create one? How do I ensure I get the membership benefit?
If you bought before, as you said you did. Bob sent a special code for existing users that takes you to membership page. Check your emails. I cant see you being left out. Otherwise speak to Bob direct while giving him you previous order numbers, he should sort you out.

I did log in with google and not imr account myself and got it.

Doubt you will get membership with a new account.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3,795 of 18,497

You should normally have received an email from Bob this morning. If not, send him an email
It is strange that only IMR members can order the Pro IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back