Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 27, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #3,001 of 18,062
my edp+ burns 80 hours. this soft-rounded-resilience sound is so impressive. "sweet pop sound."
it recalls my memory about penon orb(analog-vinyl style warm sound), but edp+ has more bright and flexibility.

but like everyone else, I thought this model's high notes were a little lacking, so I changed the cable.
my choice is CEMA gold+silver hybrid. I used it with EJ07, which needs more mid-high energy too.

maybe I'll try XINHS graphene cable.
I wanted to say before ,I have the Orb and they sound almost identical in tonality. But apart from 1 or 2 phases of muddiness with the EDP+ i haven’t noticed much change from burn in yet, even after about 140 hours. I was hoping for the bass to get punchier but hasn’t happened yet. Midrange and highs sound about the same.

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #3,002 of 18,062
I wanted to say before ,I have the Orb and they sound almost identical in tonality. But apart from 1 or 2 phases of muddiness with the EDP+ i haven’t noticed much change from burn in yet, even after about 140 hours. I was hoping for the bass to get punchier but hasn’t happened yet. Midrange and highs sound about the same.
I think edp+ will be not 'puncher'. (just my guess)
and I satisfied already, because this is an upgrade of Orb to me. its like clear-flexible Orb.
oh, I use gray+blue combo. when I used black nozzle, I feel muddiness too.

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #3,003 of 18,062
and I satisfied already, because this is an upgrade of Orb to me. its like clear-flexible Orb.
I am also on grey/blue. I feel the subbass is slightly better on Orb , and like Orb it gets muddy in busy songs and passages . Although I prefer the EDP because of timbre. Orb has BA mids and highs.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,004 of 18,062
Same here. I think mids of the EDP+ are the best part (grey+blue combo works the best for me) and bass and sub-bass are enough for me, but I would wish treble extension and detail were more noticeable, and hopefully with extensive burn-in (200h+) would improve. Another option would be to buy a pure silver cable (I have a FiiO LC-2.5D pure silver cable for the FiiO FH7 of 120+ € and made the detail and treble extension shine, but it has MMCX connection). Anyone has tested a high quality pure silver cable with EDPs? I think that the NiceHCK 4 core silver cable is too cheap to be pure silver...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,006 of 18,062
I am also on grey/blue. I feel the subbassi slightly better on Orb , and like Orb in gets muddy in busy song and passages . Although I prefer the EDP because of timbre. Orb has BA mids and highs.
ah, subbase, its ORB.

my main iem is M9, of course, edp+ is muddy than M9.
so I may not have expected a great deal of resolution in the first place.
at now, edp+ is like a cute vintage speaker. and thats what i want. haha.

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #3,007 of 18,062
Same here. I think mids of the EDP+ are the best part (grey+blue combo works the best for me) and bass and sub-bass are enough for me, but I would wish treble extension and detail were more noticeable, and hopefully with extensive burn-in (200h+) would improve. Another option would be to buy a pure silver cable (I have a FiiO LC-2.5D pure silver cable for the FiiO FH7 of 120+ € and made the detail and treble extension shine, but it has MMCX connection). Anyone has tested a high quality pure silver cable with EDPs? I think that the NiceHCK 4 core silver cable is too cheap to be pure silver...
I use 99% silver + 1% gold cable($200). and it makes mid-high rises. gives more power and sharpness.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #3,008 of 18,062
ah, subbase, its ORB.

my main iem is M9, of course, edp+ is muddy than M9.
so I may not have expected a great deal of resolution in the first place.
at now, edp+ is like a cute vintage speaker. and thats what i want. haha.
Yeah, it's perfect for a relaxing listening session. And the tonality is well balanced.

Jun 27, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #3,009 of 18,062
This the second comment today about pure silver cables. I've got a couple of them and while I dont's have the EDP+, I did for a good while have the OG EDP. I loved that IEM and only sold it because I need the funds to jump to Elysium. Here's what I can say about my experience with the Pure Silver Cable. The Nice HCK, both 4 core and 8 core, is made also by XINHS for them them. I bought the first one for my itsfit Fusion because I felt I wasnt getting all the treble extention and clarity that I should have been getting from the Magnetostatic in it. That cable really woke them up. I mean significantly. Brand new detail came from it without dampening the bass or veiling the the mids. If I could have only 1 cable it would be a pure silver. To me, it's the best all rounder, to me; I'm not trying to push my preference on anyone, just stating what I have personally dicovered. Fortunately, I'm not restricted to 1 cable and I've got a host of Copper, UPC, 6N, SPC, Silver Gold, Graphene ....... etc.

I did try the Pure Silver on the OG EDP and I liked it alot, it did bring extra clarity and sparkle to the treble but switching the XIN Graphene (4 core) retained the clarity and brought a bit more weight and resolution the bottom end.

For those of you who are under 300 hours of use, burn-in, run-in etc. they will continue improving, once past 150 hours it will be subtle but cumulative and noticeable. This has been my experience with all 4 of my preevious planars so I would expect the same here. @jon parker has been confirming this as he documents his journey with them. So be patient and if they were mine, I wouldnt try to settle on a final filter combo until they've finished maturing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #3,010 of 18,062
as @holsen says
Im over 350 hours now and the EDP+ is warm, clear, detailed smooth with punchy low end. The filters, even the same ones can change a lot in how they present the sound as the IEM burns in - One day can be different to the next sometimes. The EDP+ is very different now in how it sounds from brand new
BUT it should be noted
1. I am using a custom filter 2. the NiceHK 'Pure' silver cable i mentioned has made a big difference as I detailed above.
Its still improving and changing. I was in that it needs well over 300 hours. The description Bob details on the website if from his 500+ hour of brunt in EDP+ !
NB: I dont 100% know what the cable is made of...if you want more warmth in the low end / mids then go for it

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,011 of 18,062
as @holsen says
Im over 350 hours now and the EDP+ is warm, clear, detailed smooth with punchy low end. The filters, even the same ones can change a lot in how they present the sound as the IEM burns in - One day can be different to the next sometimes. The EDP+ is very different now in how it sounds from brand new
BUT it should be noted
1. I am using a custom filter 2. the NiceHK 'Pure' silver cable i mentioned has made a big difference as I detailed above.
Its still improving and changing. I was in that it needs well over 300 hours. The description Bob details on the website if from his 500+ hour of brunt in EDP+ !
NB: I dont 100% know what the cable is made of...if you want more warmth in the low end / mids then go for it
Thanks for your detailed impressions of the EDP+. I am only about 80 h burn-in and I noticed the soundstage and bass improved a bit. Unfortunately, no significant changes in treble response (a bit tamed, inferior to the CNT driver ibasso IT01) or some IEMs wit BA (FH7, IKKO OH10). Cymbals sound shy and a bit muted, not so real as compared with voices or drums . Waiting for further improvement!

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #3,012 of 18,062
Thanks for your detailed impressions of the EDP+. I am only about 80 h burn-in and I noticed the soundstage and bass improved a bit. Unfortunately, no significant changes in treble response (a bit tamed, inferior to the CNT driver ibasso IT01) or some IEMs wit BA (FH7, IKKO OH10). Cymbals sound shy and a bit muted, not so real as compared with voices or drums . Waiting for further improvement!

Im surprised to hear you say about the treble response. Although as I move on through the burn in I am finding the filters have given a multitude of different sounds, even using the same set ups!
cymbals 'should' sound very qualified, certainly in regards to the drivers used and Bob's superb tuning.

Cymbals & drums are not easy to find the perfect tonality but I have had times of hearing a superb tonality of both
during burn in. What I have found a bit tricky though, is getting the perfect balance of all the good qualities the EDP+ has

Ive found that the EDP+ are extremely versatile and are easily effected by different factors. This being the case it may be the case of needing to find the best synergy / set up for ones specific desired sound signature once they are fully burned in

Anyway, i noticed a big change after 300 hours so keep at it :)
As I suspected both from @holsens findings in regard to planar drivers but also due to the inherent stiffness of the CNT/ADLC driver that an especially long burn in seems likely to be needed

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #3,014 of 18,062
Nellie, Thanks for helping find that Band/Group their music is superb all of their covers!!

+1 - Had a great time watching and listening to many of their performances on Youtube. What a brilliant idea AND so well produced :)

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #3,015 of 18,062
Nellie, Thanks for helping find that Band/Group their music is superb all of their covers!!

+1 - Had a great time watching and listening to many of their performances on Youtube. What a brilliant idea AND so well produced :)

Honestly no problem and i am happy you enjoy them as they are as you say just superb. Nobody has said they do not like them whenever i have offered them. Down the PMJ rabbit hole i go again, who's coming with me...

Check these out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back