Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #2,041 of 17,962
Go read all the feedback on ADLC on the ALO / Campfire Site. I think we're going to have a winner here. That 8K Peak wouldnt have come from the Aten Driver, if anything it would have come the Piezo - I think, or maybe the EStats. I believe the new ADLC + a reworked 12mm Planar will pure magic. You cant use use the RAH as good example of what to expect from a planar - because it's certainly contributing in the RAH but there is so much more going on with the DD + Piezo + Planar all operating at the their full frequencies... I've had a few Planar only and Planar + DDs including the EDP - and there you can isolate what the planar is doing and it really is luscious - no spike to my ears -BUT - its new planar coming in a new model so we are all about to be surpised. And then there's the BC - which is an unknown quantity in an IMR implementation but again, I can't see it adding harshness. I think this one is a safe bet, but that just my assessment.
As the BC and the EDP+ have become available again, I took a harder look at the BC this time; truthfully the name had dissuaded me from really giving them a serious thought.

If I'm reading the copy correctly, it's really the latest (and probably the last model) for the Aten line. This time around, IMR made it a triple driver:
  • 5th generation Ceramic Hybrid Aten driver featuring rare earth Neodymium motors with a composite diaphragm + 5th generation high resolution Piezo ceramic driver + 6mm A.D.L.C (amorphous diamond like carbon) driver

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #2,042 of 17,962
As for the Halcyon, it was a little difficult to distinguish? The mid bass on the Halcyon is a bit overbearing to my ears, therefore presented this obstacle.
Try the silver bottom filter and closed port, IMHO makes it way more balanced on the bass side, still retaining the estats precision and airiness.

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #2,044 of 17,962
It's done! Elysium is ordered. I already regret selling the EDPs but man am I excited to get my hand on these.
In the meantime I should have my reworked RAHs back in about 3 weeks. for those of you curious about what the drivers look like here you go, the heartbeat of my RAH, next to their new body - artwork coming next. and the best part, they're already burned in!

RAH CIEM.jpg
Wow. Hope that works out really well please let us know.
As the BC and the EDP+ have become available again, I took a harder look at the BC this time; truthfully the name had dissuaded me from really giving them a serious thought.

If I'm reading the copy correctly, it's really the latest (and probably the last model) for the Aten line. This time around, IMR made it a triple driver:
  • 5th generation Ceramic Hybrid Aten driver featuring rare earth Neodymium motors with a composite diaphragm + 5th generation high resolution Piezo ceramic driver + 6mm A.D.L.C (amorphous diamond like carbon) driver
I ordered the BC altho I have been pondering cancelling since also ordered the Astra. I do agree it could be the latest updated Aten and ordered it due to this - the recent Atens weren't different enough from the og R2 for me to order - and I am interested to hear what the adlc driver can do and this should be a good way to hear that. But I love the R2 so much that I never really need to replace it.
Try the silver bottom filter and closed port, IMHO makes it way more balanced on the bass side, still retaining the estats precision and airiness.
Yeah totally agree. The Halcyon is a different IMR beast and the only one I don't use black/ black or black/ blue filters on. I use silver base & blue top on them. Bass depth and texture is off the charts.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #2,046 of 17,962
Bone conduction, butt conduction, kinesthetic playback - what lies now “Ultraque”, beyond the stars? An audio chair that will make the smell of Teen Spirit so real you will travel through time and be transported to the video clip shoot.

This is literally what I am searching for, I’m not looking to have the suspension of disbelief in front of me that I can touch the artist, I want to be transported back in time to experience that which was experienced.

In here @NellieG is bringing up a potential Opus Amazeballs 🤪 and the latest tech is not even audible per se 😵

Actually i am onto something here. So hear me out, we call the Opus Mia the OM, now this will take a slight leap of faith but on Netflix there is a series called the OA which is about jumping through time sort of, i can't say 100% but i seem to recall but someone comes back from the dead, so it follows that the now retired Opus line is revived with the Opus Amazeballs AKA The OA which will jump us to a different time that is the same but different now. Highly recommend you watch The OA on Netflix and i highly recommend the Opus Amazeballs.

Mar 4, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #2,047 of 17,962
I purchased a Quattro Fil (RCA) cable to tweek my system ( from 220 max to L.H. Labs S.E. Pulse) and I must say a BIG WOW!

My Semper is not yet quite burned in as of yet, but people do these iems scale!!! I mean EVERY SINGLE THING about it sounds free-kin MARVELOUS!!!!

The vocals, bass and mids sound so much cleaner, as if they weren't great already! There is so much articulation going on it's unbelievable!

I'm in love. I'm in love. I'm in love!!

Mar 4, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #2,048 of 17,962
I purchased a Quattro Fil (RCA) cable to tweek my system ( from 220 max to L.H. Labs S.E. Pulse) and I must say a BIG WOW!

My Semper is not yet quite burned in as of yet, but people do these iems scale!!! I mean EVERY SINGLE THING about it sounds free-kin MARVELOUS!!!!

The vocals, bass and mids sound so much cleaner, as if they weren't great already! There is so much articulation going on it's unbelievable!

I'm in love. I'm in love. I'm in love!!
NICE!

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,049 of 17,962
Hey everybody,

Got a reply from Bob regarding differences between the flagships. Thought this might help out:

———————————————

Hi Chiron,

The Astra Ultraque and Elysium are both flag ships but the difference in price is purely driver tech cost.

The Ultraque will present details with more vigour than the Elysium due the dual electrostatic drivers but the Elysium has better Vocal presentation and broadly speaking better drum presentation due to the planar.

In its simplest terms the Elysium does everything effortlessly and has amazing staging, placement and precision but retains that fun that IMR is know for. The Ultraque makes you pay more attention by bringing those Micro and macro details more forward but isn’t quite as forward in the mids as the Elysium, its a trade off.

Housing sizes are pretty similar with the Elysium have a couple of mm deeper shell due to the planar.

Although slighter higher in depth the Elysium would suite your requirements better (although depending on ears I am unsure if they would sit absolutely flush.)

Astra Ultraque is more source picky and needs plenty of power.

Regards
Bob
Owner
IMR Acoustics
www.imracoustics.com

————————————————

Good luck deciding everybody.

Chiron

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #2,050 of 17,962
Please stop posting these things.😅

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #2,052 of 17,962
Hey everybody,

Got a reply from Bob regarding differences between the flagships. Thought this might help out:

———————————————

Hi Chiron,

The Astra Ultraque and Elysium are both flag ships but the difference in price is purely driver tech cost.

The Ultraque will present details with more vigour than the Elysium due the dual electrostatic drivers but the Elysium has better Vocal presentation and broadly speaking better drum presentation due to the planar.

In its simplest terms the Elysium does everything effortlessly and has amazing staging, placement and precision but retains that fun that IMR is know for. The Ultraque makes you pay more attention by bringing those Micro and macro details more forward but isn’t quite as forward in the mids as the Elysium, its a trade off.

Housing sizes are pretty similar with the Elysium have a couple of mm deeper shell due to the planar.

Although slighter higher in depth the Elysium would suite your requirements better (although depending on ears I am unsure if they would sit absolutely flush.)

Astra Ultraque is more source picky and needs plenty of power.

Regards
Bob
Owner
IMR Acoustics
www.imracoustics.com

————————————————

Good luck deciding everybody.

Chiron
It's been a struggle for me since the new flagships came about, when I was so certain beforehand, that I would get Elysium, I now hesitate, I would perhaps jump the gun IF both electrostatic drivers AND planar are put into one... Now I guess I will wait for the next ALL-in-ONE creation from Bob. Look forward to hearing all the reviews from you all when you get your new IMR! I must add, semper is just so good, so good, so good! (important things must be said aloud 3 times:ksc75smile:)

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #2,053 of 17,962
It's been a struggle for me since the new flagships came about, when I was so certain beforehand, that I would get Elysium, I now hesitate, I would perhaps jump the gun IF both electrostatic drivers AND planar are put into one... Now I guess I will wait for the next ALL-in-ONE creation from Bob. Look forward to hearing all the reviews from you all when you get your new IMR! I must add, semper is just so good, so good, so good! (important things must be said aloud 3 times:ksc75smile:)
I can see what you mean but it won’t be until late 2022 I imagine :/

I went for the Elysium anyhow since it sounds incredibly realistic and perfectly suited to my needs both as a musician and for leisure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back