Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 3, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #14,521 of 18,165
Just picked up my Ozar after months away from them and am blown away by how good they are. Much better than I remembered. I’d been toying with buying the original Oxygen in the price drops ahead of its successor arriving, and after listening to the Ozar I’m not sure there’s much point. I really couldn’t work out why I stopped listening to them.

Then I came to this thread and was reminded of all the controversy constantly swirling around IMR. I really want to love the brand - it is original, musical and wonderful. But as a business I just can’t love it in its current state. I’ll take my Ozar and BC2022 and enjoy them, then will come back in months or years to see whether IMR has finally become the respected artisan it should be.

Wish luck to all those still waiting on their IEMs, and thank you all for helping me find two wonderful and original IEMs.
Oxygen blows out of the water Ozar, way better mids and treble, it's one of those iems that everytime I use it I can't get it off

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #14,522 of 18,165
Oxygen blows out of the water Ozar, way better mids and treble, it's one of those iems that everytime I use it I can't get it off
Hydrogen wipes the floor with Oxygen Far superior treble and mids. we have signed a pre-nup

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #14,524 of 18,165
Hydrogen wipes the floor with Oxygen Far superior treble and mids. we have signed a pre-nup
So you're saying Hydrogen blows Oxygen out of the Water?

Hmmmm.

Chemistry has left the chat.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #14,525 of 18,165

Hmmmm.

I like to compare the elements like this. Not all the time. Just periodically.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #14,526 of 18,165
Could anybody compare Opus Mia to CA Honeydew?
The First is a Prince amongst IEMs . . . the 2nd sells fish at the local market
(Having owned the Opus and having read a few reviews of Honeydew - but still very confident - its a night and day difference)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #14,527 of 18,165

Hmmmm.

OK, I panicked
I don't know much about chemicals and all I could think of was Hydrogen . . . Its still a pretty good one though isn't it?

Oct 4, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #14,528 of 18,165
Saw NiceHCK GCT 5 copper cables recommended and recently got a couple. Have to say that while they are super cheap, I don't like them on any of my iems. And to my ears they are (sonically) a substancial dowgrade to any the 3 imr stock ones I have (old pink, new pink, black pro). Worse stage, suppresed treble, wooly lows - basically to my ears all notes on them seem to sound more blend and similar. Lately I also tried cheap pure silver and was also disappointed. Not exactly a cable guy and previously had bought only Dunu and Fiio and those were fine, but expensive. So I wanted to try cheaper ones. Have also another pure siver and graphene one incoming. If those also end up subpar, I'll probably give up on cheaper cables.

Not sure why there is such a notable difference in sound when on paper material claims to be the same, but to my ears it's really obvious 😞 So instead of buying multiple cheap ones and shoving them in the box it makes more sense to buy a pricier one and actually use it. But I kind of wonder whether those cheap ones really use the materials they claim to ... 🤔

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #14,529 of 18,165
Saw NiceHCK GCT 5 copper cables recommended and recently got a couple. Have to say that while they are super cheap, I don't like them on any of my iems. And to my ears they are (sonically) a substancial dowgrade to any the 3 imr stock ones I have (old pink, new pink, black pro). Worse stage, suppresed treble, wooly lows - basically to my ears all notes on them seem to sound more blend and similar. Lately I also tried cheap pure silver and was also disappointed. Not exactly a cable guy and previously had bought only Dunu and Fiio and those were fine, but expensive. So I wanted to try cheaper ones. Have also another pure siver and graphene one incoming. If those also end up subpar, I'll probably give up on cheaper cables.

Not sure why there is such a notable difference in sound when on paper material claims to be the same, but to my ears it's really obvious 😞 So instead of buying multiple cheap ones and shoving them in the box it makes more sense to buy a pricier one and actually use it. But I kind of wonder whether those cheap ones really use the materials they claim to ... 🤔
Sorry it didnt work out for you
Similar findings although for me its a boon. If you have an IEM with a bit too much treble energy this cable very nicely smooths that out. I think the low end is indeed a little more diffuse but I find the mid bass a bit tighter and snappier.
There is a noticable difference when you go back to the stock copper IMR cable as you say, but I still find more than enough soundstage and details.
Mind you, Im currently in a dark, rich and warm mood at the moment. When my mind goes back into wanting more details I may well go back to the oG cable for that time :)

Ive also tried a lot of 'cheaper' cables and I found the same as you - they all sound basically the same and not an improvement on the IMR SCC cables. This is one of the few cables Ive tried that has a clear difference or sonic character. All a good learning

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #14,530 of 18,165

I have the Lavricables Ultimate and they pair well with Seraph

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #14,531 of 18,165
One of the most interesting and obvious (rather than subjective) things I've experienced with cables is from my vinyl listening. Don't know why, but I can't use the "2022" black cable on the Elan+ and vinyl. It gives an odd crackle on crescendo notes. Not sure how else to describe it. Don't experience it with other cables.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #14,533 of 18,165
One of the most interesting and obvious (rather than subjective) things I've experienced with cables is from my vinyl listening. Don't know why, but I can't use the "2022" black cable on the Elan+ and vinyl. It gives an odd crackle on crescendo notes. Not sure how else to describe it. Don't experience it with other cables.
Thats interesting. I did find a certain clarity and perhaps brutal honesty with the Black cables. Its subtle but I was always aware of it when listening. Maybe a batter cable for more critical listening with a warm source?
I definitely prefer the sound of copper

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #14,535 of 18,165
Two weeks.
Try reading about trinity on the net. As for me the patterns seem similar enough to not be too hopeful as of now.

Disclaimer: I only learned about IMR when preordering Ace, so for me personally this is a new experience. Having said that I am old enough to have noticed that normally if someone behaves a specific way, than it is more likely to continue then change and I find the similarities of what was going on then and now not that encouraging unfortunately. 😞

Here is one example from 2018:

"a dealer has ordered multiple Trinity Hunters and PM6, xxxx insisted on a minimum order of £XX,000 (two figures and three zeroes) via a wire transfer and he never delivered.First he told them it was shipped, then lost in the mail and then he shipped him a box of pouches only. All this fairly recently after claiming he left Trinity - the dealer posted publically a few weeks ago and xxxx threatened him that he (!) will sue him.

Please note I have NO IDEA if this is true or not! I found it here: https://drop.com/buy/imr-r1-iems/talk/2034532 But it looks very familiar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back