Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 30, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #14,461 of 18,180
Somewhere Bob said he 'has a guy' that he either sources or helps tune his drivers ?
All I can say for for 100% is I couldn't be happier with my IMR's. Been on this journey for well over 20 years now and now happy with my IEM's with no desire to look further
Thats why after all this crap i wont cancel my pre orders
I have no HATE against the iems
I love my ace and avalon
It just hate against the way bob runs the company and what he is doing now makes it all looks so shady

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #14,462 of 18,180
I dont think we was suppose to know about this new iem lol
I was gonna PM you when i got the email asking if u knew about this iem (again you r the most Knowledgeable person here regarding imr iems as well as the Ukraine guy? Cant remember his username) before posting here lol
I wasn't sure whether this was a good time to post about it ! but anyway I wanted to give them a full burn in before saying anything. I was just off 600 hour when you posted so...

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #14,464 of 18,180
Thats why after all this crap i wont cancel my pre orders
I have no HATE against the iems
I love my ace and avalon

It just hate against the way bob runs the company and what he is doing now makes it all looks so shady
Perfectly said. IMO -
THIS is the pont and the main area of contention especially when the quality of the IEMs is exceptional

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #14,467 of 18,180
What's in a name...Let's called it "happenchance" :)
:) I was trying to make up IEM names based on sound signatures - I found a lot more difficult than I thought it would be !!

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #14,468 of 18,180
Talking about facts, these are the facts I have found so far:
- The Event Horizon delay is going on TWO years. No one has seen a working one (there was an attempt, but nothing has been heard of it).
- The Na-Le and Zion delay is about a year. There is not a single real picture of them.
- The excuses proposed by IMR are not credible at all. UK should send Royal Mail to mars
- The questions put to IMR always get generic answers.
- In the middle of all this, a forum member receives a proposal from Bob himself to exchange his order for a new, previously unseen IEM, not advertised on his website, with a design:
- totally different from the previous ones
- with a supposedly new 5mm driver of new development totally unpublished
- Fixed nozzle. Another IMR first
- with fixed cable, something never seen before in IMR.
- with 3.5mm plug, in a supposedly high level IEM, something never seen before in IMR. (balanced was ALWAYS an option)
- 300$
- I find an IEM exactly the same:
- same housing
- same cable
- same nozzle
- same plug
- same filter in the nozzle (something never seen before in IMR)
- obviously I can't see the driver, but with the same diameter: 5mm
- 20$
At the very least, suspicious elements that something weird is happening. But maybe I am being paranoid. Perhaps it's because I'm the only one here who remembers that in the Trinity Audio days, exactly the same thing happened, including the sale of IEMs where they lied about the drivers present.

The sad thing is that the best way to shed light on this is for Bob to once and for all say what the **** is going on here.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #14,469 of 18,180
For the record BGGR has at least an Ozar he posted his wutang facia set of them
2. Who gives a Flip about what the drivers are made of if they sound better than any of the competition.
3. The new driver (23) are level above any previous IMR or any other manufacturers look at my signature I've tried quite a few.
4. It would be a very sad day if conjecture and bile about Trinity ended up dragging IMR down I for one still believe Bob makes the best iems out there

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #14,470 of 18,180
You, guys, all of you are so very lucky! "Hating" or loving IMR, you've at least felt and heard the Sound.
I have never heard of felt any of all the dithyrambic comments and impressions I've read and I am reading here.

Rah 2023 and then Elan+
Nothing like you describe.

Now, all of them retuned and refunded, and I am awaiting for the Enigma AMT + Dual Electrostatic, hoping to feel something of what you are describing.

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #14,471 of 18,180
Talking about facts, these are the facts I have found so far:
- The Event Horizon delay is going on TWO years. No one has seen a working one (there was an attempt, but nothing has been heard of it).
- The Na-Le and Zion delay is about a year. There is not a single real picture of them.
- The excuses proposed by IMR are not credible at all. UK should send Royal Mail to mars
- The questions put to IMR always get generic answers.
- In the middle of all this, a forum member receives a proposal from Bob himself to exchange his order for a new, previously unseen IEM, not advertised on his website, with a design:
- totally different from the previous one
- with a supposedly new 5mm driver of new development totally unpublished
- with fixed cable, something never seen before in IMR.
- with 3.5mm plug, in a supposedly high level IEM, something never seen before in IMR. (balanced was ALWAYS an option)
- 300$
- I find an IEM exactly the same:
- same housing
- same cable
- same plug
- same filter in the tip (something never seen before in IMR)
- obviously I can't see the driver, but with the same diameter
- 20$
But maybe I am being paranoid. Perhaps it's because I'm the only one here who remembers that in the Trinity Audio days, exactly the same thing happened, including the sale of IEMs where they lied about the drivers present.

The sad thing is that the best way to shed light on this is for Bob to once and for all say what the **** is going on here.
Some fair points there...nothing new though

I was with Trinity since day 1 and am still here today

Bob is always developing new IEM / drivers
So what if he privately offers a LONG time customer a new as yet unreleased IEM?

I would think it not unlikely he uses an OEM manufacturer to make some shells to house his newly latest developed ADLC driver
(Having heard heard I can attest it ACTS and SOUNDS like an ADLC driver)

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #14,472 of 18,180
2. Who gives a Flip about what the drivers are made of if they sound better than any of the competition.
3. The new driver (23) are level above any previous IMR or any other manufacturers look at my signature I've tried quite a few.
4. It would be a very sad day if conjecture and bile about Trinity ended up dragging IMR down I for one still believe Bob makes the best iems out there
I care because i dont want to be lied to
The tech makes no difference to me but bob is saying its an all new 11mm driver yet he uses ( this is not facts just an assumption ) a 10.5 mm or 10mm driver in the iem then thats a kick in the balls
He could be saying a bigger driver to drive up sales

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #14,473 of 18,180
But has he ever made a video of the ozar? I know he dont do videos about iems he dont like

If he ever does a live stream i will ask coz i want his honest opinion regarding an imr iem

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #14,474 of 18,180
You, guys, all of you are so very lucky! "Hating" or loving IMR, you've at least felt and heard the Sound.
I have never heard of felt any of all the dithyrambic comments and impressions I've read and I am reading here.

Rah 2023 and then Elan+
Nothing like you describe.

Now, all of them retuned and refunded, and I am awaiting for the Enigma AMT + Dual Electrostatic, hoping to feel something of what you are describing.
Fingers crossed for you buddy. If a dual EST doesn't tickle your pickle Im not sure what will !!

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #14,475 of 18,180
Some fair points there...nothing new though

I was with Trinity since day 1 and as still here today

Bob is always developing new IEM / drivers
So what if he privately offers a LONG time customer a new as yet unreleased IEM?

and I would think it not unlikely he uses an OEM manufacturer to make some shells to house his newly latest developed ADLC driver
(Having heard heard I can attest it ACTS and SOUNDS like an ADLC driver)
it could be that he has chosen a chifi company for just he shells and cable

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT but its out of norm

He has never done this for IMR

This will be his first ever imr iem with no change of filter and non replaceable cable

Yet it cost £295 more than the nale which was suppose to be his new instock iem?
An iem he has always got instock and in mass production

This iem just does not make sense and he told me this new iem is ready for shipment if i wanted it

From bob

We can either remake or refund at this stage as it cannot be located and is assumed lost.

Alternatively we can ship a new product which is yet unreleased that exceeds the Na-Le in performance and worth a little more and can ship immediately.

Regards
Bob
Owner
IMR Acoustics
www.imracoustics.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back