Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 20, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #1,156 of 18,194
After fixing my fit issues, and eqing the mids a very small bump. The Semper is a good purchase.

I've settled on this EQ via uapp on my Dx220MAX dap. I don't believe the planar driver inside will benefit from even more amp current.

(Bass and treble is to your own taste)
IMG_20201220_204642.jpg

pink/pink with this very small EQ and the Semper is ready.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,159 of 18,194
From imr email: Form over function? Abyss and / Borealis Frankenstein headphones incoming. xD

[So what will happen audio wise for 2021? Well most of you know that the full size headphones are coming and the first model should be available to see by the end of February. This won't look like other headphones (apart from headband etc.) and as you will come to discover its is function over form and has been done this way to give the greatest sound possible, you will have to wait until the reveal to see what I mean.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #1,162 of 18,194
Okie dokie

Dear Customers,
2020 has been a year unlike any other in our living memories.
I know for many this year has been tougher than they could have possibly imagined and we have all faced challenges we just could not have foreseen.

2021 will still hold challenges for us all but there is light at the end of the tunnel and hope that as we all progress through 2021 the outlook will be brighter.

I know I could not have made it through this year without the amazing and unflinching support you have all shown and will be eternally grateful for standing by me even when faced with terrible delays.

So what will happen audio wise for 2021? Well most of you know that the full size headphones are coming and the first model should be available to see by the end of February. This won't look like other headphones (apart from headband etc.) and as you will come to discover its is function over form and has been done this way to give the greatest sound possible, you will have to wait until the reveal to see what I mean.
In-ear monitors. Yes there is new stuff coming. 2021 focus will be on reducing the shell sizes as much as possible and a change to the cable design (mainly the 2 pin connectors) to get a nicer angle fit and more ergonomic over ear fit. I will be using pure beryllium drivers, A.D.L.C drivers and my all new balanced drive driver module (more details next year). Planar and electrostats will be back with a mix of the drivers just mentioned with the addition of bone conduction in at least one model.

Sadly though the Loyalty discount that I extended to 45% and kept at that this year will be reducing back to its normal level at the start of January. I kept it running longer due to covid which helped you guys get a better price during tough times and kept my stock moving which helped me keep reinvesting in IMR. I am very thankful to you all for that.

My last day of working is tomorrow the 23rd December and will be closed from the 24th December until the 4th January 2021, a MUCH needed rest! As usual I will try and answer urgent emails during this time.
I am wishing you and families a wonderful Christmas and New Year and most of all the best of health!
Regards
Bob

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #1,163 of 18,194
Got my Semper yesterday at last! Let be burn-in process begin, because out of the box they didn't impress. I was more floored by the 5th gen. Aten.

Today I switched from the stock tips to Tenmmak whirlwinds and boy, what a change immediately: better and deeper fit (though the seal they provide is atrocious, but in a quiet environment they do just fine), top end opened up (though I still want some more sparkle, so it will soon be time to change the filter from purple to red). I feel like they will need wide-bore tips by default to take advantage of the piezo/stat drivers

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #1,168 of 18,194
Hey Head-Fiers, need some advice for my OM. I love the sound but hate the fit and I believe most of the issue is the cable. Can anyone suggest a cable (under $100) that has a small or angled 2 pin connector that will make the IEM sit more flush with my ear? I'd love to be able to splurge on a graphene cable like the rest of you, but I'd sign my death warrant with my GF if I bought that.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #1,169 of 18,194
Hey Head-Fiers, need some advice for my OM. I love the sound but hate the fit and I believe most of the issue is the cable. Can anyone suggest a cable (under $100) that has a small or angled 2 pin connector that will make the IEM sit more flush with my ear? I'd love to be able to splurge on a graphene cable like the rest of you, but I'd sign my death warrant with my GF if I bought that.

Remove the guides from the cable, it's free.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #1,170 of 18,194
Remove the guides from the cable, it's free.
I literally just did that and it barely helped. The IEM goes in to my ear and then the top bows out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back