Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #1,142 of 18,194
I am using the pink setup to lower the subbass in the Semper. So the smaller driver PB2 would be interesting. (assuming it doesn't get a louder bass presence for being an easier to drive bass transducer)
PB 2 has the same 9mm DD as EDP with the same Planar as Semper. I absolutely adore the EDP so the PB 2 with those estats should be an amazing IEM. The 9mm produces beautiful texture, it's not as visceral as the Aten driver but where it's in the recording plenty of depth. Drums and bass are magnificent, never overpowering.
PB2 with about 8/10 hrs burned..Is not for a Bass heads. The bass is more accurated,faster. I ts a different IMR,

I have had all models. I don t have a Semper,but a Pb2(NOW) is more detailed than other Imr,s

Not better. Not worst..DIFFERENT

Today,s burning with M15

Best regards

Sisco
So I'm curious about your impressions of the PB2 vs EDP. I know its early days (early hours into the sonic shifts) but at least on paper, PB2 should be EDP with far more detail coming from the electrostats. I love the IMR house sound and certainly the Bass response that comes out of the Aten Driver, but I must say the 9mm in the EDP has really grown on me. As it has seasoned, it's become fast, accurate and has plenty of rumble and texture where it exists in the mix. I'm imaging that the PB2 could be the cat's meow when it's fully run in.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #1,143 of 18,194
So, at last... unless Bob announces pb3 pre release on Monday for purchase before the 31st of December and shipping in may... which knowing him, he might just do (I have a lot of appreciation for him, but seriously dude, a less aggressive marketing and sales strategy please...)
Impressive! You can open an IMR Museum.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #1,145 of 18,194
PB 2 has the same 9mm DD as EDP with the same Planar as Semper. I absolutely adore the EDP so the PB 2 with those estats should be an amazing IEM. The 9mm produces beautiful texture, it's not as visceral as the Aten driver but where it's in the recording plenty of depth. Drums and bass are magnificent, never overpowering.

it is, but there’s something about the housing that changes the whole thing

Dec 19, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #1,146 of 18,194
it is, but there’s something about the housing that changes the whole thing
Really looking forward to hearing your impressions once they're run-in.

Dec 19, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #1,147 of 18,194
My observation differs to most. OOTB was impressive. Unlike those previous where OOTB were meh...

Initial 10hrs, clear vocal, plenty of details, quality bass lines. Overtones on guitars were superb, Snare drumming and its texture probably the best I heard.

After that 10hrs, the IMR burn-in trait started to appear- the beginning of the roller coaster ride. During my progress listening while on burn-in I encountered 4 occasions where it went muddy. Left it and returned hours later, all back to normal listening conditions.

ATM, nearly 50hrs and being a seasoned burn-in believer like most, 50-100hrs is the worst. Enjoying my “BS” while typing...

My synergy set-up:
MAX—17AWG cable—-Semper.
Open port and still on default black with Comply T600 L.
Tracks mostly on 16/44/WAV format ripped from my CDs.
Initial Albums used, Eric Clapton RUSH, DT Greatest Hits Light side disc 2, Black Sabbath Vol4( Ozzy recess vocal but Iommi rifts is a killer), Bad company, Pink Floyd The Wall, Gary Moore Legacy Disc 2.

9A750ECE-6C37-454C-862B-AB4158A03E8B.jpeg

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #1,148 of 18,194
My observation differs to most. OOTB was impressive. Unlike those previous where OOTB were meh...

Initial 10hrs, clear vocal, plenty of details, quality bass lines. Overtones on guitars were superb, Snare drumming and its texture probably the best I heard.

After that 10hrs, the IMR burn-in trait started to appear- the beginning of the roller coaster ride. During my progress listening while on burn-in I encountered 4 occasions where it went muddy. Left it and returned hours later, all back to normal listening conditions.

ATM, nearly 50hrs and being a seasoned burn-in believer like most, 50-100hrs is the worst. Enjoying my “BS” while typing...

My synergy set-up:
MAX—17AWG cable—-Semper.
Open port and still on default black with Comply T600 L.
Tracks mostly on 16/44/WAV format ripped from my CDs.
Initial Albums used, Eric Clapton RUSH, DT Greatest Hits Light side disc 2, Black Sabbath Vol4( Ozzy recess vocal but Iommi rifts is a killer), Bad company, Pink Floyd The Wall, Gary Moore Legacy Disc 2.

Who made the 17 awg cable, if I may ask?

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #1,149 of 18,194
Who made the 17 awg cable, if I may ask?

My diy. Raw is 23AWG. This is 8 cores and made PB1 sings like a TOTL and now Semper, but not Rah and OM as later 2 work well only with 4 cores. I have numerous DIY cables, however this conductor to my ears synergies very well with IMR but not my customs BA.

End of the day, I do find audio is quite similar to fishing. It’s individual leveraging on what ones have in their inventories for the best synergy.

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #1,152 of 18,194
Wow, Semper got here before Xmas! Really wasn't expecting it till after. To me, Semper looks fantastic. Nice farewell to a rotten 2020. Time for the burn.
20201220_161407.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #1,153 of 18,194
I've only had the Semper for a few hours and I'm already thinking money well spent!
Firstly, I don't think black-black works for me... I think this filter setup is perhaps to give your friends a first time blast to open their eyeballs and give them an idea of the extent of what Semper is capable of. Very impactful, but I don't think I could listen like that for too long. May be will try again with further burn in.
People here have mentioned pink-pink and I went to this and right now, I'm in total bliss. The mids are wonderfully lush with detail and I'm finding a lovely sound stage overall. I got sibilance with black-black, but not so with pink-pink.
I can't imagine what more to expect after a few more days of usage, but I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm using Semper with JVC Spiral Dots and am loving this combination right now.

Dec 20, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,154 of 18,194
I've only had the Semper for a few hours and I'm already thinking money well spent!
Firstly, I don't think black-black works for me... I think this filter setup is perhaps to give your friends a first time blast to open their eyeballs and give them an idea of the extent of what Semper is capable of. Very impactful, but I don't think I could listen like that for too long. May be will try again with further burn in.
People here have mentioned pink-pink and I went to this and right now, I'm in total bliss. The mids are wonderfully lush with detail and I'm finding a lovely sound stage overall. I got sibilance with black-black, but not so with pink-pink.
I can't imagine what more to expect after a few more days of usage, but I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm using Semper with JVC Spiral Dots and am loving this combination right now.
Thanks for sharing and what source are you using ?

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,155 of 18,194
Thanks for sharing and what source are you using ?
I used it earlier with the Dx160 and I'm running it now through the Lotoo Paw S1 using Audirvana on PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back