Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #901 of 18,081
Ah was really interested to see how Clair or Monarch compares to IMR products. But seems like you also confirm that their soumdstage is not their strong point. And this would be deal breaker fo me.
You can have all the details in the world but if soundstage feels congested it just sounds cheap to me.

Same here. If the sound is congested it's already a deal breaker.

Dec 11, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #904 of 18,081
I'm excited for you guys. A little bummed I had to give this one a miss but genuinely enthusiastic about seeing your impressions roll in. One thing for sure, if you can make a statement like that in the first few hours it bodes extremely well for the 200 hour mark. We know they'll only get better! Enjoy!
Ha feeling the same mate. Still in a corner of my brain there is an annoying rush to get a B stock Semper. Just to see where IMR has evolved in a year.

On the other hand we knew about Semper for a while, as we know for a while about can. But what i am really curious about is whats next. I seem to be watching IMR threads when i can but did not hear anything about next year.
Of course knowing Bob he will not take away from PB2 and Semper excitement and will announce just befoe new year.

If semper has turned out to be massive technical achievement. It will be interesting to watch Bob topping it.

Still no news about his new driver he mentioned hes working on since early this year.

But anyways. Curious to see reviews of Semper coming out when people get them burnt in.

Enjoy you christmas presents all!

Dec 11, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #907 of 18,081
Nobody here who got his PB2?

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #909 of 18,081
Got my DHL tracking number for Semper.

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #911 of 18,081
Got my Dhl tracking number, all my iems are coming bundled (there’s an aten5 coming in for Christmas for a good friend of mine) so I hope next week around Wednesday/ Friday I’ll be receiving my package. This is it. Last audio package I’m getting for a while ... (I hope, I ordered tc44 from ddhifi, I was so blown away by the little tc25i that I decided to give it a go)

Dec 11, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #913 of 18,081
Ha feeling the same mate. Still in a corner of my brain there is an annoying rush to get a B stock Semper. Just to see where IMR has evolved in a year.

On the other hand we knew about Semper for a while, as we know for a while about can. But what i am really curious about is whats next. I seem to be watching IMR threads when i can but did not hear anything about next year.
Of course knowing Bob he will not take away from PB2 and Semper excitement and will announce just befoe new year.

If semper has turned out to be massive technical achievement. It will be interesting to watch Bob topping it.

Still no news about his new driver he mentioned hes working on since early this year.

But anyways. Curious to see reviews of Semper coming out when people get them burnt in.

Enjoy you christmas presents all!
Hmmm.... We know full size cans are coming next year, perhaps Semper will be the impetus behind PB3?

Dec 11, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #914 of 18,081
Hmmm.... We know full size cans are coming next year, perhaps Semper will be the impetus behind PB3?

Probably an unpopular opinion but i want a Semper inspired configuration called PB3 or what i told Bob a model should be called, but based on the Aten R2 shell but supersized up to the size of the semper, the original Aten is still the best fitting for my ears and this new generation shell is the worst.

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #915 of 18,081
Wondering if you
Probably an unpopular opinion but i want a Semper inspired configuration called PB3 or what i told Bob a model should be called, but based on the Aten R2 shell but supersized up to the size of the semper, the original Aten is still the best fitting for my ears and this new generation shell is the worst.
Well it may be unpopular, but it is yours and you're free to express it, there are also probably a few who agree with you. On another note, do you think you could snap a Pic or two showing the side profile to get an idea about the depth of them. We've seen the front (faceplate) back (nozzle) how about a cross section that shows just how physically wide (or deep) they are.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back