Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 10, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #888 of 18,081
Can you kindly tell me Which code was that? and How much discount was offered?
Hi @Ace Bee I get it, we all want a discount when available but unfortunately we can't and don't share codes. Every IMR customer starts by purchasing a new IEM at retail or one of IMRs "B" Stock items at retail directly from IMR and with that purchase comes a loyalty code that provides a discount of various percentages depending on the item being released. We cannot share the codes for a host of reasons. First off, the code is a gift from Bob to each new customer. 2nd, as a matter of integrity with each other and Bob and lastly, each of our codes are unique to each of us. The percentage is the same for each of us but the code is unique. It's how we all all began our IMR journey: Retail Customer ==>> Loyal Customer. Personally, I started with R1 Zenith B Stock at the listed price, then applied my personal unique code to acquire RAH, EDP and whatever will be next for me :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #889 of 18,081
I think I have found "The One" in the Semper. The level of realism and detail is astounding. Bob was not messing around in his description, the suspension of disbelief is remarkable when thinking the artist is in the room with you.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #890 of 18,081
I think I have found "The One" in the Aemper. The level of realism and detail is astounding. Bob was not messing around in his description, the suspension of disbelief is remarkable when thinking the artist is in the room with you.
I'm excited for you guys. A little bummed I had to give this one a miss but genuinely enthusiastic about seeing your impressions roll in. One thing for sure, if you can make a statement like that in the first few hours it bodes extremely well for the 200 hour mark. We know they'll only get better! Enjoy!

Dec 10, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #891 of 18,081
I'm excited for you guys. A little bummed I had to give this one a miss but genuinely enthusiastic about seeing your impressions roll in. One thing for sure, if you can make a statement like that in the first few hours it bodes extremely well for the 200 hour mark. We know they'll only get better! Enjoy!
They have 12 hours on them so far. I know times have changed for you this year as it has for many but I'm sure someone won't like them and return and if they do and you are able to purchases all is not lost. I know Bob said the headphones are next but I'm certain there will be something else in that mental mad scientist brain of his.

I'm excited to hear others thoughts too as I'm doing my best to hold back mine until many more have them. We're all audio enthusiasts and not trouser enthusiasts so we all should be excited for everyone whether we are in or out.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #892 of 18,081
I am from hong kong and got the dhl tracking number and a msg saying it is anticipated to arrive on 15Dec. Keep the impression coming, love reading them!

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #893 of 18,081
Oh wow, I previously requested from Bob all I ever wished for was to have the sound system from Gatecrasher replicated in an IEM, quite a big ask and an impossible feat to achieve or so I thought lol. I can't say I am transported back into the club due to no physical impact but right now, it sounds exactly like that system did. This is all I've ever wished for, to experience that sound again, 15 years since I last heard it in all its glory and 20 years I have tried to replicate it in car and home audio. What a legend !!!

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #894 of 18,081
Keeping my fingers crossed I get the tracking number tomorrow. I'll be highly disappointed if my Semper doesn't arrive by Christmas.

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #895 of 18,081
Which dap do you use?

I came across IMR products and took a tremendous step in a few months.

What's a good dap that can be used with headphones coming out next year?

I hope good synergy with IMR and not too expensive.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #896 of 18,081
I think I have found "The One" in the Semper. The level of realism and detail is astounding. Bob was not messing around in his description, the suspension of disbelief is remarkable when thinking the artist is in the room with you.
Does it require alot power to drive? Wondering will a BTR5 or Qudelix5k is sufficient, since it has a planar, est and 15mm DD driver. I think this is the first iem with these drivers combination.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #897 of 18,081
Does it require alot power to drive? Wondering will a BTR5 or Qudelix5k is sufficient, since it has a planar, est and 15mm DD driver. I think this is the first iem with these drivers combination.

I'd say minimum amount is my usual amount on any other model. I've all day been using balanced input to my 789 amp on unbalanced output, usually I am on gain 1 but I have been using gain 2 at 2-3 o'clock volume which they just kept saying "it's ok, no problem keep going". I've now switched to my Fiio A5 and same situation, usually low gain but switching between low and high.
I have a BTR5, I will give it a try tomorrow for you, usually with Aten on BTR5 I'm on high gain around volume 45.
They don't need power but as a power user it's easy for me to say, they love it.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #899 of 18,081
Zero audio quality. 2007 this was and the first ever iPhone was released 2 weeks later. Anyway, it is this club that I am trying to revisit audibly but obviously not in any way shape or form the quality of the first clips audio. Incredible place sadly there are no good quality videos or audio that exist.

Because lasers

If you decide to watch this, it needs going to the end after the bad audio.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #900 of 18,081
Hi @Ace Bee I get it, we all want a discount when available but unfortunately we can't and don't share codes. Every IMR customer starts by purchasing a new IEM at retail or one of IMRs "B" Stock items at retail directly from IMR and with that purchase comes a loyalty code that provides a discount of various percentages depending on the item being released. We cannot share the codes for a host of reasons. First off, the code is a gift from Bob to each new customer. 2nd, as a matter of integrity with each other and Bob and lastly, each of our codes are unique to each of us. The percentage is the same for each of us but the code is unique. It's how we all all began our IMR journey: Retail Customer ==>> Loyal Customer. Personally, I started with R1 Zenith B Stock at the listed price, then applied my personal unique code to acquire RAH, EDP and whatever will be next for me :ksc75smile:
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate your integrity. However, I did not intend to find out the actual code, or intend to use it for purchasing. I just wanted to find out if it was the black friday discount code or that loyalty code. I found that out. I myself have purchased a 2nd hand Opus Mia from someone locally. I was just curious about the code, that's all.
Now waiting eagerly to get the Opus Mia in hand, and reading through this thread to find out all the impressions, and bugging some users for their impressions :sweat_smile: I hope they do not mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back