Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #8,237 of 18,185
Addicted to heartfelt music. No cure for it. Bloody fatal.
:D
There was a proud musician in Buddha's time. Buddha played a single chord on the musicians instrument...There upon ended the musicians pride :)
Not to worry, you and I will be hearing the sweet songs of the Dakini's soon enough :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #8,238 of 18,185
Holy cow, finally: Accepted at Post Office 🤗 🎊
same here. can't wait to finally hear the Ace...but I’m sure it will be a long journey to TX

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #8,239 of 18,185
same here. can't wait to finally hear the Ace...but I’m sure it will be a long journey to TX
Every journey to TX is a long one . . .
Used to live in Dallas....for my sins :)

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #8,240 of 18,185
Fantastic I'm SO happy about the BASS👍
I knew these things would be speacial as soon as i read the product discription and so happy they have turned out the way they have.
With yours & Jon Parker's impression's i cannot wait to receive mime😍
Yep. I love me some bass, and they deliver and then some. BC is just a really special tech - I've read someone who said it works on mids, but it seems to me that they have a big impact on lows. Maybe it's the harmonics, I don't know. I just know that both of my IMR units with the BC units are bassier feeling and more visceral than units without them.

I can't wait until these burn in. It's going to be a (mostly) fun trip.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #8,241 of 18,185
Not just to TX, it can take up to three weeks from the UK to Sweden.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #8,244 of 18,185
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #8,245 of 18,185
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #8,246 of 18,185
Next week Asta Ultraque theoretically have to reach me. Finally I was able to find them out. Was looking for them because I really like Avalon electrostat drivers and their treble, so considering that Astra look like Elans upgrade (same bespoken driver a B.C. driver) plus EST drivers, just couldn't resist to see what they've got. Here I've read a lot of positive feedbacks about them. So soon we will se how are they comparing to Avalon too.
Nice find. I like the Astra a lot & rarely see them for sale. I've just spent a month with them as my only IEM and it's been great. Tips and fit are important I use original sedna earfits on them.
They are also the most cable dependent IMRs I own. When you find the right one and they sing tho. I like them best with the PWA m2 cable so try them with a good copper cable.

Having been listening solely to the DM since i got them I forgot how good the Astra are. Like a less warm & more clinical Semper really. Bass was on point and i was expecting a drop in bass quantity from the DM but didn't get that. Def less coloured than the DM but also a wider sound. DM has more texture while the Astra has more micro details.

Interestingly the blue ets filter made them much more like the DM and had me dancing about. The Astra rarely does this on black/black setup I use on them. They are more a blanket of perfect sound that surrounds you rather than a DM which gets you up and drags you onto the dance floor.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #8,248 of 18,185
Yep. I love me some bass, and they deliver and then some. BC is just a really special tech - I've read someone who said it works on mids, but it seems to me that they have a big impact on lows. Maybe it's the harmonics, I don't know. I just know that both of my IMR units with the BC units are bassier feeling and more visceral than units without them.

I can't wait until these burn in. It's going to be a (mostly) fun trip.
That makes sense. The BC drivers in the Unique Melody IEMs are dedicated BC drivers and they do pretty substantially affect the mids and visceral feel. What we know about Bob's BC is that he's using DDs to send vibration into the shell (at least that what we think we know) so it stands that there should be greater impact on the lower frequencies than with UM's implimentation.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #8,250 of 18,185
That makes sense. The BC drivers in the Unique Melody IEMs are dedicated BC drivers and they do pretty substantially affect the mids and visceral feel. What we know about Bob's BC is that he's using DDs to send vibration into the shell (at least that what we think we know) so it stands that there should be greater impact on the lower frequencies than with UM's implimentation.
Actually u got that wrong
He used a dd instead of a bc in the dm
In the avalon and ace he is using a sonion bc which is based on ba tec

UM r using bc based on pizion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back