Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 28, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #6,091 of 18,531
The Ozar is my first foray into IMR. If there is better I am impressed.
If the new Elan+ are going to be even better then the older, this is only way I would recommend you to act:
1651160951393.png

Sorry, but I have to say that: the "old" Elan are magically way better than Ozar.

P.S.
1651161542809.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #6,093 of 18,531
Jon...I like it. Sadly I am nothing like the great Saraha....but I am crazy.
:) As long as you are not AS crazy as the likes of Drukpa Kunley I reckon you'll get away with it

I tried a plethora of budget - mid priced cables with many of the IMR's but always came back to the stock cable
If I could afford it - by all accounts - a quality graphene cable will bring more to the table with the IMR house sound
but I don't believe one 'needs' to instantly replace the cable by any means
But you do really need to get at least 320 hours on your IMR IEM's and THEN get the filter combo you like before needing to look further afield. Especially with the newer stiffer ADLC / CNT drivers!

PS: What a delight to find Nagarjuna here...of all places

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #6,101 of 18,531
I've been thinking of trying the Crystals, given the short life span of the Xelastecs. If I use a M and ML Xelastec, would I want the same sizes on the Crystal?
I switched over to the Crystal's and love them. They keep their shape and stay in the ear with plenty of grip. Sound like the Xelastecs amd conduct like them but don't deteriorate like them.

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #6,102 of 18,531
Couldn't resist the Dark Matter at that price. From the first moment I put these in my ears just wow. Only way I can describe these is like I am stuffing a pair of speakers in my ears. Can't stop dancing about with these in. At 60 hours so early days really so roll on 300+.

I've been listening mainly to Semper, Elysium & Astra on rotation last few months and these sound like a step up from all of them & none of those are slouches.
I thought the Astra were very similar to the Mest mk2 but slightly better & these are better again so where we are now is crazy.

If they are still in stock these are a bargain at their current price.

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #6,103 of 18,531
Regarding the cables supplied with IMR IEMs. I have always bought fairly inexpensive cables. I have bought many Faaeal 4 core copper cables in my time and like the richness of copper. I have used a Faaeal Copper cable on my Tripowen HBB Olina and I love the sound. It makes sense to use copper on the Ozar and.....I like it. I am very impressed by the sound of the two core IMR copper cable that I am using.
Well I guess everyone has his own experience with audio which in the end is a matter of taste. My motto have always been "what sounds best is the best"!! 😄
There are lots of steps in the audio chain, and what matters is to get them working in synergy for optimal sound, and sometimes yes a cheaper component can sound better because of this. My experience and also of few friends of mine with the imr cables was never the best, on a/b comparisons they had this veiled sound and less treble extension. Most companies provide higher quality cables with more expensive iems, Bob's policy so far was kind of communistic, that everyone gets the same cables. And from a financial view, if a like 400 $ iem came with 3 cables and lots of accessories, add then a profit margin, I would say that the provided cables are more than decent considering the whole package. I love imr iems especially the avalon and i really have nothing to complain about.

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #6,104 of 18,531
From the first moment I put these in my ears just wow. Only way I can describe these is like I am stuffing a pair of speakers in my ears. Can't stop dancing about with these in.

Waiting till we get to here lol

Attachments

• C0E2C09F-94FE-4C45-889B-739A94B1332F.jpeg
    C0E2C09F-94FE-4C45-889B-739A94B1332F.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #6,105 of 18,531
Any news about Event Horizons yet?
No, just what we got in his last mail.
I still can‘t understand, why there are no pics of the EH.
Is it just me who want‘s to see it before buying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back