Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 28, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #5,191 of 18,541
I am excited to hear the EDP Ace in the "open back" configuration. I really liked the Timeless and S12, but I specifically returned them to purchase the Ace. I haven't heard a BC driver in an IEM since the OG MEST, but I really have liked the EST in the Monarch MKII. I think that's why I'm curious to hear the Semper with that configuration.

Feb 28, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #5,192 of 18,541
so I just worked out how the nozzle and filter system works and dear god that's a lot of sound options. purple/red (reference) on at the moment. I know the combo black filter and nozzle sets is superultramegabass essentially because they came preinstalled hahah

Feb 28, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #5,193 of 18,541
I'm pretty sure it is plastic
I'm absolutely certain it is not plastic. Bob has never made a plastic IEM. His shells (except the new line of CIEMS) are all CNC machined aluminum. The shell of the ACE is the same as the shell of the OG EDP which was aluminum, just with a different finish on it. Ask him, but I'll tell you now it ain't plastic.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #5,194 of 18,541
I'm absolutely certain it is not plastic. Bob has never made a plastic IEM. His shells (except the new line of CIEMS or all CNC machines aluminum. The shell of the ACE is the same as the shell of the OG EDP with a different finish on it. Ask him, but I'll tell you now it ain't plastic.
Have send the question to Bob, waiting for an answer. Aluminium would be nice.

Feb 28, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #5,195 of 18,541
I'm absolutely certain it is not plastic. Bob has never made a plastic IEM. His shells (except the new line of CIEMS or all CNC machines aluminum. The shell of the ACE is the same as the shell of the OG EDP with a different finish on it. Ask him, but I'll tell you now it ain't plastic.
my mistake. i have 0 exp with IMR products, so i should not have assumed. thank you for your answer.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #5,196 of 18,541
so I just worked out how the nozzle and filter system works and dear god that's a lot of sound options. purple/red (reference) on at the moment. I know the combo black filter and nozzle sets is superultramegabass essentially because they came preinstalled hahah
Slightly wrong there - the black nozzle is indeed megabass, but not the black filter. You see, the filters mostly affects the treble region, and from my experience, this is how they pan out in regards of treble intensity:

Blue>>Black>Red>Magenta~Green>Gold

I could not make out any discernible difference between the Magenta and Green nozzles. Blue is absolutely foamless, so the treble is brightest and sound is the most open.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #5,197 of 18,541
I'm using the Ozar with black nozzle and blue filter, and despite being treble sensitive, the highs don't bother me. Didn't expect that.

What amazes me the most with the Ozar, even at very high listening volumes, you never get the feeling, that the high or mids are too harsh. It really screams to listen to it at high volume, sounding very deep an energetic.

It's the first IEM, where i don't need to EQ any peaks in the highs, or to boost the lows.

Its perfect how it is, rumbles where it needs, vocals are clear and not recessed and the highs smooth but extended and sparkly.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #5,200 of 18,541
Ozar has more controlled bass and a bit more detail imo, SOG is a bass monster with a pretty decent soundstage, i love the fact that i controls it self even though you can feel the beast roaring in the mid bass, sub bass is good but i feel ozar has a bit more, though pretty much controlled and organized, both of em have amazing mids and clarity
So would you say Ozar actually has more sub-bass than SOG?

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #5,201 of 18,541
One thing that impresses me with the Splash of Gold is the level of detail, especially considering these are one of IMR's cheapest sets.
Yeah you are so right, believe it not i can hear things that the my MEST mk2 just about picks up but with SOG's fantastic forward mids it comes across more crisp! Also, SOG has a wider stage! It astonishing really when you think its 7 drivers v 1 driver and nearly 10 times the price!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #5,202 of 18,541
Slightly wrong there - the black nozzle is indeed megabass, but not the black filter. You see, the filters mostly affects the treble region, and from my experience, this is how they pan out in regards of treble intensity:

I could not make out any discernible difference between the Magenta and Green nozzles. Blue is absolutely foamless, so the treble is brightest and sound is the most open.
oh yeah well I still got the megabass from the nozzle, thanks for clarifying! gonna have a lot of fun with these hehe

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #5,203 of 18,541
Yeah you are so right, believe it not i can hear things that the my MEST mk2 just about picks up but with SOG's fantastic forward mids it comes across more crisp! Also, SOG has a wider stage! It astonishing really when you think its 7 drivers v 1 driver and nearly 10 times the price!
Indeed. The details are incredible. Best mids I have ever heard.

Please try a pure copper cable atleast once. Too me it seems like the details are getting even more forward now.

Feb 28, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #5,205 of 18,541

So, if you turn that around, it's most to least bass, for the filter?

Gold > Green ~ Magenta > Red > Black > Blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back