• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3,946 of 18,013
Thanks again to all who set me straight here, and NellieG who DM'd me 👍
It was indeed my error, the price I thought was for a new 'sale' Elan was for a blemished one, and I didn't see the little dropdown to choose condition.
It's coming out at a more palatable £343 total for a B-stock model.
I hadn't considered a blemished unit, but that is a good saving compared to stock full price.
Wishful thinking got the better of me there.
Has anyone here seen an example of the level of blemish B-stock represents?

Sep 24, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #3,948 of 18,013
i have a couple of b units, the only detail one has is a little dent barely noticeable under the nozzle, no problems whatsoever

got my self an opus mia... couldnt hold it, price was too good and it is one of the few headphones that i cant get off for days once i put it on

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #3,949 of 18,013
Thanks again to all who set me straight here, and NellieG who DM'd me 👍
It was indeed my error, the price I thought was for a new 'sale' Elan was for a blemished one, and I didn't see the little dropdown to choose condition.
It's coming out at a more palatable £343 total for a B-stock model.
I hadn't considered a blemished unit, but that is a good saving compared to stock full price.
Wishful thinking got the better of me there.
Has anyone here seen an example of the level of blemish B-stock represents?
My first IMR was the Zenith and it was a used unit. The condition looked mint to me.

Sep 25, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #3,951 of 18,013
Fun fact: no EDP listed on the pre owned sale. No one wants to get rid of these, they're a underrated gem.

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #3,954 of 18,013
It's fun sometimes to try new stuff with our gear, my zenith have a Sony memory foam piece (from the insides of a ex1000 foam filter that im not using) and light stuffed cotton swab. Blue bass filter from my r2 and blue top.

Bass has detail and perfect depth, actually sub bass is amazing, one of the most detailed I own, mids are alive and crunchy with the perfect hint of mellowness and violence, something perfect for my taste, treble is not a mess anymore, but it does sound clear. Soundstage is not a flat pancake anymore and became really expansive, now it is worth it to have open vents

Who knows, maybe I'll try a new material and get something better, the point is to play around
I'm a bit late here but anyway ... I still love my Zeniths, especially for electronic music even though the flat stage leaves a lot to be desired.
Mind sharing some more details on what you did exactly to add more depth to that image?
TIA!

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #3,955 of 18,013
I'm a bit late here but anyway ... I still love my Zeniths, especially for electronic music even though the flat stage leaves a lot to be desired.
Mind sharing some more details on what you did exactly to add more depth to that image?
TIA!
Will post you some pictures later, but believe me, soundstage opens up a ton

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #3,960 of 18,013
Thank you guys for your impressions of the Ozar. I am currently running Andromedas that I upgraded to after the Zenith R1s, and I'm trying to figure out if the Ozars are going to be an upgrade from the renowned CA Andromedas, or just a different presentation. I kinda wonder since the Andromedas have been out for quite a few years now if they have been left behind in a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back