• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 19, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #2,776 of 17,972
I am on a windows PC and iPhone.
The Dolby Atmos has given me all I ever need in a portable or wire free set up using Bluetooth over the Soundpeats H1.
For windows using iTunes through a DAC all the features still work for when I want a better sound quality. The only thing that sucks is my laptop initially shipped with windows 7 so iTunes is laggy some what but works at least.

How about a DJ live on YouTube for a while, if you have a bass cannon you may as well listen to some bass, right?

Girl...This is some SERIOUS BASS!

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #2,777 of 17,972
Does the new 4.4mm cable have an angled jack?

My last gen' 4.4mm IMR cable went hard from the split up.
Like, really quite stiff, I can bend shapes into the wire and they persist, almost like there's a memory wire running all the way from the split to the 2-pin connectors.

The other cables supplied are just as supple as they were upon arrival, but I've not used them at all.

How similar does construction of the new cables look compared to the old ones?

I'm currently using a NiceHCK cable, which is fine, but doesn't have an angled jack either, and I really want an angled 4.4mm cable (I love that the new cables have angled 2-pin connectors, but haven't seen any pic's of the jack end yet).

I received the new 4.4mm cable today - It does indeed have the new angled connectors. (The jack itself is not angled)
Impressed with these new cables - My Opus has suffered with 3 different 4.4mm cables that would quite easily fall out. The new 4.4mm cable though is a nice tight fit :)
The braid is much tighter as well

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #2,779 of 17,972
I'm currently using a NiceHCK cable, which is fine, but doesn't have an angled jack either, and I really want an angled 4.4mm cable (I love that the new cables have angled 2-pin connectors, but haven't seen any pic's of the jack end yet).
I use cable from xinhs and I am very careful with. Because it already broke the 2 pin connectors from my Semper and Halcyon. I don't know if it's the cable that really does that, but it happens when I use it. When I order the cable I ask to have the non recessed 2 pin connector.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #2,781 of 17,972
We have to be careful, it's not the same adlc driver. In edp+ it's the cnt adlc.

Oooo yes..verrrrry careful *whispers*
We are finding commonalities though which is interesting :)

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #2,782 of 17,972
Has anybody tried Apple Music and especially the Dolby Atmos with the Bone Conduction as of yet.

I have tried various and most of the streaming services and i am usually left feeling very underwhelmed and contrary to public opinion i generally get vastly more enjoyment by using Youtube/Music. I'm not interested in numbers so i can say i am listening to the best, i actually listen and decide what sounds the best to me based on the level of my emotional connection to the music.

So i have again tried using Apple Music on another free trial to try out the Dolby Atmos and, well, colour me impressed. It to me sounds better on wired DAC connections as well as bluetooth and how i imagine the Bone Conductors to add i feel i am getting from Apple Music so if the Bone Conduction can add to this then i would be in heaven.
I find YouTube excellent emotionally with electronic music. But really wanted to try Dolby atmos. In Samsung phone there is a dolby atmos option, but I think it's not implemented in the file like apple. It's a process. And the result is special, don't know how to describe it. Have you ordered something with BC?

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2,783 of 17,972
Quelqu'un a-t-il déjà essayé Apple Music et en particulier le Dolby Atmos avec la conduction osseuse.

J'ai essayé divers et la plupart des services de streaming et je me sens généralement très déçu et contrairement à l'opinion publique, j'apprécie généralement beaucoup plus l'utilisation de Youtube/Musique. Je ne suis pas intéressé par les chiffres, donc je peux dire que j'écoute le mieux, j'écoute réellement et je décide ce qui me semble le mieux en fonction du niveau de ma connexion émotionnelle à la musique.

J'ai donc à nouveau essayé d'utiliser Apple Music dans le cadre d'un autre essai gratuit pour essayer le Dolby Atmos et, eh bien, cela m'a impressionné. Pour moi, cela sonne mieux sur les connexions DAC filaires ainsi que sur Bluetooth et comment j'imagine les conducteurs osseux à ajouter, je pense que je reçois d'Apple Music, donc si la conduction osseuse peut ajouter à cela, je serais au paradis.
I think tidal has also did dolby atmos. Did you try it?

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #2,784 of 17,972
That's a comparison I'm really looking forward to hearing. I still want an Electrostat in my collection but went with the Elysium even though I've got another planar at present in the RAH. Eagerly awaiting the first impressions to roll in on this and the MoonDrop Variations My next and last (yeah, right... ) will be the Astra, Variations or Mest .....
The imr planar is very addictive. 🥳🤩

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #2,785 of 17,972
I find YouTube excellent emotionally with electronic music. But really wanted to try Dolby atmos. In Samsung phone there is a dolby atmos option, but I think it's not implemented in the file like apple. It's a process. And the result is special, don't know how to describe it. Have you ordered something with BC?

I find electronic music on youtube great but for emotionally connecting i do prefer other genres on youtube, what i can say is avoid VEVO as their quality is the lowest, not all youtube is the same quality so i can understand why people do not like it.

Well it is spatial audio for non spatial audio devices AKA airpods range. I have not ordered any of the bone conductor models as of yet, i am interested in the Elan and i have said that Bob's descriptions are always spot on and therein is my hesitation with ordering the Elan

IMR said
This is a true audiophile grade listening experience with a splash of IMR special sauce for that engaging, detailed, intimate yet filled with soul, richness and that IMR fun. With the use of bone conduction to put you in the scene of the music!

Everything sounds perfect and then i hesitate when i read a true audiophile experience, i hear audiophile and i think reference, neutral, put me to sleep, only a splash of IMR special sauce?, i am used to a large dollop now lol, then we carry on with all is perfect with engaging, detailed, soul, richness and IMR fun.
Then is it black with red screws, hopefully!!!

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #2,786 of 17,972
I think tidal has also did dolby atmos. Did you try it?

No i have not tried Tidal Dolby Atmos. Sound quality to me decides first and foremost whether i like a service and then there are other issues i have with all the services which secondly how good it is at serving me music i may like and now Apple seem to have fixed this too but still not to the level youtube can correctly do this.

With the Dolby Atmos, it makes me listen to music i can't usually, and actually enjoy it.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #2,787 of 17,972
Everything sounds perfect and then i hesitate when i read a true audiophile experience, i hear audiophile and i think reference, neutral, put me to sleep, only a splash of IMR special sauce?, i am used to a large dollop now lol, then we carry on with all is perfect with engaging, detailed, soul, richness and IMR fun.
Then is it black with red screws, hopefully!!!
I have ordered the elan too. But I am cautious about the word "audiophile" too. I see the old man with its vinyls that listen to a smooth, boring and flat music.😅 like you, I hope the engaging part of the description from Bob will make my body shaking. 🥳

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #2,788 of 17,972
Everything sounds perfect and then i hesitate when i read a true audiophile experience, i hear audiophile and i think reference, neutral,

I think its one of those things that's a bit confused or at times misused 'out there' - Reference and neutral is what I buy and use for editing / mastering audio - Not something I would use to enjoy music with
but Audiophile is what Im looking for when I want a perfectly replicated tonality, with some warmth, body, rich or better to say buttery smooth natural sounding mids and highs that disappear - to put it another way - I kinda wanna hear what I experience with live music

Audiophile [for me] means Im listening to the music AND the details and tonalities of the instruments
Non Audiophiles you could call music lovers? as they tend to simply enjoy the music (while still of course appreciating quality)

What do ya'll think ?

EDIt: Bob told he would never make a neutral / reference IEM !!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #2,789 of 17,972
I have ordered the elan too. But I am cautious about the word "audiophile" too. I see the old man with its vinyls that listen to a smooth, boring and flat music.😅 like you, I hope the engaging part of the description from Bob will make my body shaking. 🥳

It's not just me then, very brave of him to include the word that we do not speak of lol.

I would have gone Bass Cannon for the 5th gen Aten but the shape is not suitable for me and i know the ''Aten'' shell does work but i know bob changes the shape to the shown images so what is changing on the Elan's shape?
I like the single driver though for their general coherency and then hoping the bone motor will add the realism in the stage.
I also figured out i can live with a little width in the stage but i need lots of depth and height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back