Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 3, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #1,741 of 18,081
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,743 of 18,081
Drop has Linsoul's Nymph graphene coated 8 strand 5n OCC silver plated litz cable on sale from $119 to $70 if you don't mind waiting until March to get one. HERE is the Linsoul page with the info on it. I'm thinking of snagging one.
Very interesting - Its a single crystal copper cable with graphene SURROUNDING / COATING it. I am curious how much that specific aspect would improve the quality of the sound in 'real terms' especially as the SCC which already is doing a superb job!
If the cable was solid graphene that would interest me more.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #1,744 of 18,081
Very interesting - Its a single crystal copper cable with graphene SURROUNDING / COATING it. I am curious how much that specific aspect would improve the quality of the sound in 'real terms' especially as the SCC which already is doing a superb job!
If the cable was solid graphene that would interest me more.
I had a good discussion about the difference between Pure Silver and this Graphene coated SPC. Heres an excerpt:

1 What would you say is the difference between the Graphene and the Pure Silver?
The low frequency of graphene is heavier, and the high frequency extension is a bit close. The 3 audio frequencies of the pure silver wire are relatively balanced.

And that's been my experience. I use the graphene cable on my EDP - it doesn't change the signature of the EDP but I find it does a bring a touch more weight to the bottom end.
Incidentally, I also picked up a couple of Pure Silver cables from these guys and the silver really helped with the treble extension on my Fusions. It was a marked difference. Buy I still like the supplied copper with RAH.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,745 of 18,081
I had a good discussion about the difference between Pure Silver and this Graphene coated SPC. Heres an excerpt:

1 What would you say is the difference between the Graphene and the Pure Silver?
The low frequency of graphene is heavier, and the high frequency extension is a bit close. The 3 audio frequencies of the pure silver wire are relatively balanced.

And that's been my experience. I use the graphene cable on my EDP - it doesn't change the signature of the EDP but I find it does a bring a touch more weight to the bottom end.
Incidentally, I also picked up a couple of Pure Silver cables from these guys and the silver really helped with the treble extension on my Fusions. It was a marked difference. Buy I still like the supplied copper with RAH.

Thanks for that - the feedback on Drop is mostly related to the marked increase in bass weight...which is good to know!
I was interested in these differences in relation to how the signal runs along the various materials. If you look at SCC under the microscope it is
much smoother than OFC so i can well imagine the difference between the 'ride' driving along an old country road V driving on a newly laid motorway.
I would have definitely looked to that particular cable for the EDP if I had kept it / been my only IEM
I am time and time again impressed with Bobs cables though :)

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,746 of 18,081
And that's been my experience. I use the graphene cable on my EDP
I think I'll get XINHS's graphene cable for the EDP to match the shell colour.

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #1,747 of 18,081
It's not pretty. :thinking:

Screenshot_20210204-092205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #1,748 of 18,081
It's not pretty. :thinking:

No, not pretty but I'm getting a set. I have a feeling the final production units will have a different faceplate. We've seen this before, the prototype pics on the preorder page are not the final refined design. If they do come like this, I'll just spraypaint the faceplate, but I dont think I'll need to. I swore I'd never sell them, but my current EDPs are up for sale to make room for these babies.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #1,749 of 18,081
Less 'pretty' = less chance of being mugged !!
Bob has designed these new IEMs to be more user - out and about - friendly

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,750 of 18,081
The BC are deeeep. For that cavernous bass.
This gen’s design is a throwback to the OG Aten, esp. with the open-back ports.

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,751 of 18,081
I’ll wait Opus Melius or Omnia

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #1,752 of 18,081

Attachments

• 2C75BD77-C32C-450B-B7E9-F903B90C8E05.jpeg
    2C75BD77-C32C-450B-B7E9-F903B90C8E05.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,753 of 18,081
I’ll wait Opus Melius or Omnia
With the Semper on board I’m through looking for iem upgrades for a while. I’m looking into specialized things, like Final’s VR3000, or completely different formats like headphones (really keen on IMR’s designs on that front), or DAPs/sources. I’m curious about the new drivers though and, not to worry @lgcubana but bone conduction by year end? With how physical IMR’s iems are already this has incredible potential.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,754 of 18,081
VR3000 looks as gaming IEM...
I didn’t listen Semper and PB2 yet, but tomorrow I’ll start to listen PB2.
I had many IMR and my favorite right now is Opus Mia, maybe not the most neutral IEM but more neutral than previous generation.
Opus mia had a great impact like many IMR but bass is more focused than RAH and EST help so much on highs.
Opus Mia needs a lot of power to shine, I drive with shanling M8 in turbo mode, because with high gain (medium level) doesn’t sounds like can do.
I have other expensive IEMs but I don’t need to go in turbo mode with others.
I bet OM, PB2 and Semper can scale up with a desktop setup.😅

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #1,755 of 18,081
Done some email conversations with Bob on expectation of BC tuning, and he just make an announcement. Will be booking my slot.

The BC is a bass heads delight! All the mid and sub bass you could ask for all beautifully controlled and with the cleanest midrange and treble on any bass head IEM I believe out there. You will not comprehend the clarity (and no bass bleed) this offers while at the same time offering that immense low end response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back