Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 25, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #1,636 of 17,972
New IMR is coming
E324D5A9-C121-4282-9827-CA0595C4AE50.jpeg

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #1,638 of 17,972
Hmm,
actually my left unit has something pushing/sticking out of the screen.

Left unit

20210125_111223.jpg
20210125_111215.jpg

IMG_20210125_111405.jpg

Right unit with uniform light reflection to show how perfectly flat it is.

20210125_111600.jpg
20210125_111554.jpg
20210125_111538.jpg
Write to Bob. His after sale customer care is incomparable.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,640 of 17,972
I got the set of EPro ear tips in today (thanks Amazon for 1 day Prime delivery...). I just couldn't get a good seal with them. The silicone was a bit too soft and didn't have the body to form a seal, and without that good seal it was like a thief stole my Opus Mia's DD, lol. So back to the Azla Sedna Earfits for me.
Sorry to hear that. Mine are perfect for my OM, but I would suggest getting the Sedna Short fits. They are almost as good sounding as the Epro's but are far more substantial (Material-wise) and the short fit nozzle helps the OM sit better in my ear.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #1,641 of 17,972
I like Sedna but I’d prefer something thicker on mids but without tame highs and bass...
I listen with grey nozzles and green filters.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #1,642 of 17,972
I like Sedna but I’d prefer something thicker on mids but without tame highs and bass...
Then definitely get the Epro Horn tips (if they work for your ears. Cheap enough to try without buyers remorse, unlike the Senda's). It completely changed my OM. Now the mids are forward and lush, bass is deep, increased texture and more realistic, and the highs are perfect now. After adding the new tips, I changed from the blue treble filter to the gold and the soundstage widened greatly. The blue filter feels too congested now and the gold allowed the instruments room to breath.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,643 of 17,972
I’d search in Europe because some months ago I didn’t find when someone here suggested me... I found only on Amazon.com or Mtmaudio.com

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #1,644 of 17,972
I’d search in Europe because some months ago I didn’t find when someone here suggested me... I found only on Amazon.com or Mtmaudio.com
See if you can find these tips in Europe - Radius Deep Mount

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,645 of 17,972
Jan 25, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #1,646 of 17,972
Hi there, just saw you saying you like thicker mids, you tried Semper? After having listened to semper for over a month, I would conclude that it has that mesmerizing thick mids, which give the fuller sound, I am not sure if that is the IMR house sound, as semper is my first pair of IMR, but I am in love. I have had iems with thicker mids, but they often sound less crisp; yet with semper, the highs maintain the crisp, the bass is not too tight, the slight decay rumbles nicely, and that thick mids is where it shines for me, vocals are just sweet. There is a slight trade-off which is the smaller soundstage, I switched to the skinny silver cable and it extended the highs slightly, and the soundstage slightly wider. I haven't switched the setup for a while, AZLAsednaEarFit, purple nozzle, blue filter and open back. It is totally my cup of tea! I am listening to it now on N8ss with RSA intruder full balanced, when it comes to the main part of the track, with all highs, mids and bass in full boom, it is so smooth as a whole, but once listen carefully, I can easily pick out the tinkling sparkling highs, the thick enwrapping mids, and of cos the booming bass. I lost faith in CM a long while back cos of a really bad experience with my first and last pair of CM, but I do hope IMR would consider CM, I would send the semper back for an upgrade the instant if they offer it.
I am just very very surprised that IMR is almost unknown here in Hong Kong, the price the performance should sell like hot cakes, but very few knows about it...

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #1,647 of 17,972
Hi there, just saw you saying you like thicker mids, you tried Semper? After having listened to semper for over a month, I would conclude that it has that mesmerizing thick mids, which give the fuller sound, I am not sure if that is the IMR house sound, as semper is my first pair of IMR, but I am in love. I have had iems with thicker mids, but they often sound less crisp; yet with semper, the highs maintain the crisp, the bass is not too tight, the slight decay rumbles nicely, and that thick mids is where it shines for me, vocals are just sweet. There is a slight trade-off which is the smaller soundstage, I switched to the skinny silver cable and it extended the highs slightly, and the soundstage slightly wider. I haven't switched the setup for a while, AZLAsednaEarFit, purple nozzle, blue filter and open back. It is totally my cup of tea! I am listening to it now on N8ss with RSA intruder full balanced, when it comes to the main part of the track, with all highs, mids and bass in full boom, it is so smooth as a whole, but once listen carefully, I can easily pick out the tinkling sparkling highs, the thick enwrapping mids, and of cos the booming bass. I lost faith in CM a long while back cos of a really bad experience with my first and last pair of CM, but I do hope IMR would consider CM, I would send the semper back for an upgrade the instant if they offer it.
I am just very very surprised that IMR is almost unknown here in Hong Kong, the price the performance should sell like hot cakes, but very few knows about it...
I follow IMR since 2019 when i bought my first IMR, R1 Zenith.
In december 2019 i received RAH that is "similar" to Semper without EST.
In september i Bought Opus Mia and PB2, because Opus mia hasn't planar and i was interested to listen how Opus Mia sound better and fit better than R3 Halcyon.
I decided to go with PB2 because for my taste Aten driver (15mm) sometimes is too much.
So right now i'm with OM when i want to be basshead, and PB2 for reference listening, but i own also Penon Volt and i'm waiting for iBasso IT07 :)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,649 of 17,972
Oh the next gen iems just got announced? That font.

I wish he would announce the tune target for them.

So the Diamond Like Coating is going to replace the Berryllium coating of the current gen?

I hope this new gen DD can get rid of the 8kHz peak I believe is currently coming from the Dynamic driver. Not the Sonions estats.

What is the Omnia, Balanced Drive dlc dynamic driver? Is that another attempt at the R3 Phase that got canceled? That would be interesting, I think it was some kind of isobaric setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back