Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 2, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #16,081 of 18,505
I'm patiently waiting for January 3rd to see if there will be any movement of the parcel to RM.

although it seems that the deadline for the parcel to appear in the RM system is January 11-12, taking into account the Christmas and New Year holidays.
that is, the deadline is 21 working days from the moment Bob gave me the track number

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #16,082 of 18,505
that is, the deadline is 21 working days from the moment Bob gave me the track number
In most of the cases if Royamal does not show anything with-in after 72 hours of posting the item, then the Item is not actually handed over to the royalmail. IMR deadlines are farce. And by the way, according to their terms and conditions, the deadline is 25 to 45 working days excluding weekends and hoildays and that too when IMR will confirm that the item is handed over to their so called delivery partner. This 25-45 days deadline is not from the day when the tracking number is generated.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #16,083 of 18,505
Now I am completely confused about the timing of sending the parcel and I no longer understand anything.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #16,085 of 18,505
I can't help but think that the chances for the on-going viability of IMR will become clear by Jan. 31.

Either parcels actually ship, to the shock of many, or Bob finally admits it's all been smoke and mirrors recently and the game is up.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #16,086 of 18,505
Then why did Bob indicate this deadline?

Attachments

• shipments.jpg
    shipments.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #16,087 of 18,505
Then why did Bob indicate this deadline?
As I said earlier any deadline posted in IMR website or provided by Bob over email is a farce for pre-order items. Had it been shipped by 20th December it would have shown in Royalmail system now. At least a status like "we have received your item".
Believe only if you see a status change in Royalmail site. Or simply raise a query with Royalmail by providing your tracking number. I am 100% sure that you will receive a response that they haven't received the item yet.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #16,089 of 18,505

From early first impressions, the MEXT lacks bass relative to the Avalon. Possibly this will change with burn-in.
MEXT has audiophile grade bass. Good depth, good impact, good subbass clarity. But it's not a "fun" type of bass that is typical of IMR offerings. I liked MEXT's bass quality when I owned a pair, but ultimately sold them because Titan was just plain superior and Szalayi had a more unique sonic presentation that I just fell in love with. So MEXT was the odd man out. But on its own, it is an outstanding IEM overall.

I also did some cable rolling with MEXT and I found the original cable to be the best overall. It is a high quality cable and is very well balanced and perfectly suited to the MEXT.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #16,090 of 18,505
MEXT has audiophile grade bass. Good depth, good impact, good subbass clarity. But it's not a "fun" type of bass that is typical of IMR offerings. I liked MEXT's bass quality when I owned a pair, but ultimately sold them because Titan was just plain superior and Szalayi had a more unique sonic presentation that I just fell in love with. So MEXT was the odd man out. But on its own, it is an outstanding IEM overall.

I also did some cable rolling with MEXT and I found the original cable to be the best overall. It is a high quality cable and is very well balanced and perfectly suited to the MEXT.
Thank you for the details. Much appreciated.
I'll definitely give it some thorough listens.
The wining point for Avalon for me is the eerie sense of depth of space that IEM gives with proper sources and the sweet mids and treble. MEXT is very detailed but more straightforward and a bit harsh comparatively.
But this is just first impressions. Probably later my opinion will change. With the changing of tips bass response is already more impactful with MEXT.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #16,091 of 18,505
Now I understand why Bob has so many delays to make special builds: I contacted 6 weeks ago his Chinese supplier in Alibaba to place an order for 3 IEMs including one hybrid. For 6 weeks, he kept asking me to wait every day for the next day. Initially, he told me that he has big orders and have no time to make samples for now. I waited 2 weeks until he is available and asked him if he has availability. he told me that he needs to ask him team about the shell. This took one week without any result. I asked him to make any shell he has. I asked him to make the quote and send it to me. I have been waiting for a week now. Every day he tells me that he will send it
With such suppliers, I am not surprised that Bob's production is delayed. If it takes so much time to build 3 IEMs, I am wondering how much time a high volume will take

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #16,092 of 18,505
Now I understand why Bob has so many delays to make special builds: I contacted 6 weeks ago his Chinese supplier in Alibaba to place an order for 3 IEMs including one hybrid. For 6 weeks, he kept asking me to wait every day for the next day. Initially, he told me that he has big orders and have no time to make samples for now. I waited 2 weeks until he is available and asked him if he has availability. he told me that he needs to ask him team about the shell. This took one week without any result. I asked him to make any shell he has. I asked him to make the quote and send it to me. I have been waiting for a week now. Every day he tells me that he will send it
With such suppliers, I am not surprised that Bob's production is delayed. If it takes so much time to build 3 IEMs, I am wondering how much time a high volume will take
Thanks for sharing. But I have a different opinion on this. It is not fair to compare a retail order with a bulk order. Even if there is delay in bulk order, there is no justification of orders getting delayed by almost two years. And by the way, when Titan was made Bod told us it was being made in Germany. And even after this the production was delayed by 6 months after a guaranteed delivery of Titan. Event horizon orders were collected in the year 2021 and no sign of it delivery yet. orders of Zion and NaLe were done by August 2022 and still nada............... go figure :)

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #16,093 of 18,505
Have you got refunded?

What about the rest of the people, have you got your money back?
yes i got my refund. but the last email from bob back in mid dec said he was temporarily refunding me, would bill me again once i got the ciem, that obviously didn't happen.

Jan 3, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #16,094 of 18,505
Regardless of these delays, Fine Acoustics have an excellent customer support, I must admit to their credit.
I have 2 Red Dawns delivered to me by tomorrow and they were guiding me through the whole process with care.

Jan 3, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #16,095 of 18,505
Fine Acoustics run their business exactly the same way Bob does. They tell you lies after lies and keep delaying for no reason. Every time he needs to asks something to his team and it takes weeks to have a response. Now that everything is clear on my order, he keeps looking for a reason to delay the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Back