Impulse purchased Momentum on-ears, good decision?
Sep 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sutton

New Head-Fier
My old Sennheiser IE7's broke last month and I needed something new for on the move, the bus and studying in the library. I am a big fan of Sennheiser and when I saw a blue pair of Momentum on ears for £135 on Amazon I snapped them up quick (sealed, unwanted gift, seller had excellent feedback.) Did I make a good decision or is there something better for the money (I can return them within 7 days)? I mainly listen to Pink Floyd, Radiohead and U2. Thanks!

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 6
My old Sennheiser IE7's broke last month and I needed something new for on the move, the bus and studying in the library. I am a big fan of Sennheiser and when I saw a blue pair of Momentum on ears for £135 on Amazon I snapped them up quick (sealed, unwanted gift, seller had excellent feedback.) Did I make a good decision or is there something better for the money (I can return them within 7 days)? I mainly listen to Pink Floyd, Radiohead and U2. Thanks!

Why not give us *your* impressions of them? What do you hear?

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I have literally just ordered them, so I still have time to cancel the order. Been reading Head-Fi theblastnfew hours and seems like they are like marmite.

I have HD650's for home use, so the exaggerated sound sig sounds like a bonus as it will be a good contrast. Im worried about people saying it is even bassier than Beats, since im particularly snobby about Beats and their a rippling fart of a bass cannon to my ears. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 6
I have only had a short listen to the Momentum - but I certainly did not think they were farty bass blasters. As with all things on this forum, I'm sure there are some out there that will say that are bassy, and others that will say they aren't. I say go with it - if you believe you got a good deal, then you did! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back