IMPROVING THE COMFORT OF THE DT1350 WITH TWO NEW EARPADS FROM BEYERDYNAMIC
Feb 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #32 of 59
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who finds the trebles slightly rolled off on the (otherwise wonderful) DT-1350s!  I read your post and got very excited.  

I had a hard time finding these earpads, but finally found them at Adorama for $34.  

The answer to the name question is a German-English translation issue.  The name of the product in German is "Nubuck," which means the same as faux suede in English.  THey translated it into English as "velours".  If you go by the Article Number 908.363, you should be getting the right ones, no matter what the name is.  ENT 1350 N is the German part number; ENT 1350 VL is the part number on a UK website I found.

Anyway, thanks for posting this!  I'm very excited to hear the difference with the new pads.  I hope they do add a little treble sparkle!

Mike

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 59
Quote:
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who finds the trebles slightly rolled off on the (otherwise wonderful) DT-1350s!  I read your post and got very excited.  

I had a hard time finding these earpads, but finally found them at Adorama for $34.  

The answer to the name question is a German-English translation issue.  The name of the product in German is "Nubuck," which means the same as faux suede in English.  THey translated it into English as "velours".  If you go by the Article Number 908.363, you should be getting the right ones, no matter what the name is.  ENT 1350 N is the German part number; ENT 1350 VL is the part number on a UK website I found.

Anyway, thanks for posting this!  I'm very excited to hear the difference with the new pads.  I hope they do add a little treble sparkle!

Mike

Oh, wow!  Good find, Mike!  I was ready to have some friends in Germany order them for me.  Are those the oversized pads?  

If these on Beyerdynamic's website -- as part number 908363 -- are the oversized ones that OP listed...  

...and the ones your found on Adorama -- as MFR: 908363 -- I'm guessing Adorama is selling the oversized ones.  If you ordered them from Adorama, please let me know what you received and how you like them.  

May 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #35 of 59
I just got the EDT-1350NL from Adorama. I only had one real complaint against the DT-1350s and that was the ear pads. The velour/nubuck pads have removed my only gripe. The new pads are light, but the sound, as noted by at least one other poster, is the same, if not ever-so-slightly improved. Super comfortable, although I still do need to fix my eyeglasses as find the sweet spot with the headphones (okay, I had *2* gripes :wink:, but that's something I hope to get better with as I get used to the headphones. Overall, I'd say that the velour/nubuck pads complete the DT-1350s.

And putting the pads on/taking them off is easy as pie, with the adhesive that's used.

Jul 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #37 of 59
Quote:
im a bit confused, how many sizes are there in the velour? i bought what i thought was the normal size and mine measure 63mm edge to edge. Is the EDT-1350NL larger than that?

Since last time I checked there is only one size for velour/nubuck (63mm) and two in fake leather 63mm and 67mm...please read the head of this thread.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #38 of 59
After using these headphones for a year I was completely fed up with the discomfort I was having while wearing my DT1350's.

I bit the bullet and ordered new velour pads from Adorama. I've only used my new pads for couple of days now, but I'm already loving them. You do lose some seal with the pads, but nothing that would make that much difference. I ended up paying a bit more than I would have liked with postage and import fees, but they were worth it.

Thanks for everyone in this thread for providing valuable info on this matter.

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #39 of 59
Just to refresh this topic, beyerdynamics has a new model called the dt1350 (facelift). it also comes in a coiled cord model called the dt1350cc (facelift). No distributors have it in the US yet, but a seller on eBay does sell them. I got a pair, I'll update with however comfortable they seem over prolonged periods and see if there are still problems with seals on the larger pad. I did not own a dt1350 before this, so the results may be somewhat subjective. I'll also compare them to some Grado SR80i's.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #40 of 59
^ Please do. :)

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #41 of 59
  Just to refresh this topic, beyerdynamics has a new model called the dt1350 (facelift). it also comes in a coiled cord model called the dt1350cc (facelift). No distributors have it in the US yet, but a seller on eBay does sell them. I got a pair, I'll update with however comfortable they seem over prolonged periods and see if there are still problems with seals on the larger pad. I did not own a dt1350 before this, so the results may be somewhat subjective. I'll also compare them to some Grado SR80i's.

Can you update us on your experience with the facelift?

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #42 of 59
Hi All,

Anyone had chance to compare the new facelift pads with the velours (nubuck)?.....thinking about getting some more comfortable pads but not sure what to opt for.

Thanks

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #43 of 59
Hey, i bought the dt1350's from amazon, its the facelift version but the pads hurt my ears. Ive still got time untill i break them in but still i was wondering whether to get the t51p pads since they also seem to make the seal better according to Dale Thorn, or the velour pads which seem even softer so what are ur views on em both, which to get? price is the same and if it makes this headphone sound better and feel better then i dont mind paying the price.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #44 of 59
Adorama is now showing that the 908363 velour pads are out of stock.  I found them at http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68937_Beyerdynamic-EDT-1350-NL.html for $34 with free shipping in the U.S.  This seems to be about the only alternative in the U.S. other than direct from Beyerdymanic N.A. which also charges $34 plus shipping. Interestingly the N.A. Beyerdynamic site refers to 908363 as "soft skin".

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #45 of 59
I received the Beyerdynamic velour pads from Sonic Electronix and the part numbers on the packaging is 9008363 and EDT 1350 N.  The pads are the same size (63mm) as the original pads. The soft surface of the velour feels more comfortable against my ears but I still needed to expand the headband a little bit to allow prolonged listening. It seems to me that the foam is not softer than the original so the description of them having a "soft skin" only applies to the velour material itself not to the foam. I also found that you still need to fiddle with the positioning to get the best sound. One other benefit of these pads is they do give the headphones a more professional look if that is worth anything to you. If these pads were bigger (67mm) and used a softer foam they would be the ultimate solution so don't spend your money for these pads if you want more than just a softer feeling covering. At a cost of $30.00 I would give them a rating of 3 stars out of 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back