IMPROVING THE COMFORT OF THE DT1350 WITH TWO NEW EARPADS FROM BEYERDYNAMIC
Oct 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #16 of 59
2. EDT 1350 N velour earpads
(http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/catalog/product/view/id/3055/s/edt-1350-nl/category/3/)

So, the "velour" and the "suede" are the same thing? 

I guess the terminology being used is throwing me off. From reading the first post you don't mention anything about suede. Im not trying to be difficult, I just want to be sure what I am ordering are the ones that will make these headphones be really awesome. Are the velour/suede ones bigger than the original stock?

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #17 of 59
Quote:
2. EDT 1350 N velour earpads
(http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/catalog/product/view/id/3055/s/edt-1350-nl/category/3/)

So, the "velour" and the "suede" are the same thing? 

I guess the terminology being used is throwing me off. From reading the first post you don't mention anything about suede. Im not trying to be difficult, I just want to be sure what I am ordering are the ones that will make these headphones be really awesome. Are the velour/suede ones bigger than the original stock?

:) it must be me!...Ok I am 100% sure about the following:

EDT 1350 N = FORGET ABOUT THE VELOUR, no fluffy hot fabric like the pads for the Beyer DT880 no, it is fake suede, so smooth etc look through Wiki. Also these pads are 63mm as the standard pads (so no large ones 67mm) you can see it by yourself at the beyer Ge website.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #18 of 59
nice find!

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Is this the leatherette? Can you take an up-close pic of the Suede? :) Thanks for sharing!
I'm also interested about what you've said that the Suede looses isolation a bit but still maintains the low-end? I'm pretty sure that if you lose even a little bit of seal on these headphones the bass performance is degraded dramatically.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #21 of 59
And also does the new suede pads require less fiddling to achieve optimum fit/seal? I find the stock ones very hard to achieve the perfect seal when I do not use them for a long time (1 week or so). They seem to forget the shape of my ears and and it takes like 20 minutes for them to seal perfectly to my ears. I wonder if the suede pads sound good instantly. If so, I would definitely buy it maybe 2 pairs so I can demo these headphones to anyone. I have a problem demo-ing them to other people because of that "difficult seal issue" caused by "pads not yet broken in to the ears' shape" or mispositioned earcups. Thank you! Really excited about these suede pads. :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #25 of 59
Quote:
I really cant get my dt1350 to seal wihout 30 min of positioning work and its freaking annoying. Wkuld the biggest pads help me for sure?

30 minutes?? Wow I really don't know if the large pads will help, they work for me, but in my case with the small pads I get the seal in seconds, the problem then is the pain or better it was a problem, but now I fixed it with both the pads, suede and larger leather. Did you try to bend your head band? It certainly works for sealing purpose but it works in opposite way for comfort.

I hope this help, but for sure there is only one thing...and some people even doubt this :)

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #26 of 59
what make them being sealed? is it from the lack of air that goes from the inside of the pad to the outside? any test i could do before ordering them? and how much are they?

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #27 of 59
I contacted the canadian rep and he refered me to a shop selling beyerdynamics product here in quebec.

I called them and they said it would take up to 4 months before i get the pad, that's awefull!!!

any other way i get them quickier?

if not the dt1350 are going on ebay :frowning2:

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #28 of 59
Quote:
I contacted the canadian rep and he refered me to a shop selling beyerdynamics product here in quebec.

I called them and they said it would take up to 4 months before i get the pad, that's awefull!!!

any other way i get them quickier?

if not the dt1350 are going on ebay :frowning2:

You could try BEYER USA

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #29 of 59
Quote:
I really cant get my dt1350 to seal wihout 30 min of positioning work and its freaking annoying. Wkuld the biggest pads help me for sure?

Is your DT 1350 new? Give it some time. The pads (stock) break in for some time to the shape of your ears. I remember when mine was less than 3 weeks old, I get the same frustration as yours. Yeah, 20 minutes or so of fiddling just to get the amount of bass / mid-bass they truly possess is a nightmare. Then after a month or so I just put them on and they seal perfectly fine. I don't know if I just learned how to put them on correctly or the pads have really broken in to the shape of my ears, maybe a little bit of both. Give it some time and use it often for the pads to memorize your ears.

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #30 of 59
They have about that three weeks. I might be using them 1-2 h per day but they had over 100h of break in time.
Im not even enjoying the music since im always playing with them on my ear. 4months is way too much to get the biggest pads shipped and im not even sure they will help :frowning2:

Ill be selling those and going with an over the ear just to make sure i wont have to sell headphone i like otherwise.

The only way im having perfect sealed is by seperating the headband and inclining it till it touch my forehead. I cant be in public looking perfectly dumb.like that ahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back