Improving sound to my laptop
Jan 28, 2015 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

federalu

New Head-Fier
i use to stay 8 9 hours a day on my laptop working and listening music on my  headphones- akg k551 
i want to improve my sound and i thought that asus xonar u3 will do the job but i saw that thouse usb audiochip are moastly for gaming , and i don t play games .
can anybody help me to find a device for a laptop as a chip sound DAC or an amp in the price range of 50 usd  who can change my audition ?

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 16
I think the best way to change your sound is to buy different headphones. The K551 really do not require an amp and I doubt adding an amp will significantly improve your sound. What is it about the current sound that you think most needs to be improved? What would make the K551 better to you?

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 16
For a little more than $50, the FiiO E10K.

But yeah. The K550 are not difficult to drive. Could be you will get a bit better SQ over your laptop. It's hard to guess since laptops do vary quite a bit in SQ.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 16
Ok tks for relays , so my sound will not change signifiantly with akg k551 ,but still worth spending 50 for fiio e10 k ?, i may do the same thing with asus xonar u3 chipsound wich is mor chipper ?

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 16
What do you mean by "improve my sound" exactly? More detail, better instrument separation and the like? Or more bass kick and things along those lines?

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 16
probably u know that akg k551 have no bass ,i m not a basshead but when i listen electronic music somethimes i want more bass kick and things ,so yes these are the things i want ,and maybe some volume if is possible at a lowest buget up to 50 usd

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #7 of 16
  i use to stay 8 9 hours a day on my laptop working and listening music on my  headphones- akg k551 
i want to improve my sound and i thought that asus xonar u3 will do the job but i saw that thouse usb audiochip are moastly for gaming , and i don t play games .
can anybody help me to find a device for a laptop as a chip sound DAC or an amp in the price range of 50 usd  who can change my audition ?

Save a little extra and get a Dragonfly.  Easy to use, and sounds great.  Price range from 90 to 125, depending on used or new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back