Improving my Set Up
Jul 10, 2011 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

clickhere

New Head-Fier
I think I'm finally at a point where I can truly call my self an audiophile having a full set-up (I use to run my ATH AD700's on my mobo's terribad sound card.

I now have a Xonar DG (using it for the S/PDIF) which goes to my brand new HK 3490 with a cheap TOSLINK cable (which isn't bad, right?).  I use the headphone jack on the HK 3490 to power my ATH AD700's.

My music is running through Foobar2000 and it's FLAC ripped via EAC with proper settings.

Don't get me wrong, things sound great but then again, I've never heard anything better than this other than live sound.  So perhaps I'm gravely underestimating the possibilities of my current set up and just need to tweak a few settings.

I'm about to replace the TRC connector on my headphones does it matter if I use cheap solder?

Anything you'd recommend to make sure I'm getting the most? Check that I'm getting the most out of my system?

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
The only thing that matters is that you think it sounds good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Why don't you try a new genre of music?

While true I only asked because perhaps my set up isn't optimized for me to appreciate the most out of it?

Got a new genre to recommend? I've extended my tentacles pretty far as is.

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Do you listen to jazz or classical?

They're deep and wide. No matter what you listen to, there's an entry point for both. Once you find an "in," you will find enough material to provide you with new experiences for 20 or 30 years. They're worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back