Improved my entire setup in a single step!
Oct 21, 2007 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Logistics

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, guys! I'm just posting to let you know that I made the most delicious banana bread, just now. I swear the banana bread somehow improved my listening setup because while listening I had a much more pleasant experience.
biggrin.gif
All thanks to baked goods; can you believe it?!

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 30
I can, what would really take that to the next level is if it had chocolate chips in it (and wrapped in ERS paper
wink.gif
).

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 30
Well, I did put butter on it and down it with a glass of milk. That in itself took me to 11. (Chocolate chips in banana bread? OMG, I remember how good bananas dipped in chocolate are, now I must try!!! Soon as I get some chocolate chips, that is! Maybe I could marble in some cocoa powder!)

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 30
I used to LOVE lemon curd on bagels. For some reason, I don't care much for Lemon Curd anymore... maybe it's just the brand that is at the store, now. I hadn't tried it in years when I had some and didn't care for it much.

Also, WIN for Pingu avatar.

Yes, this would make a good A/B test. Do I enjoy my listening experience more with buttered banana bread and milk or Lemon Curd and raisin toast? Then I come out of left field with some of my sweet-potato bread and blow both away. keke!

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #8 of 30
I made banana bread just the other day. However I ate it all already, so I cannot verify your test results.

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #9 of 30
thats nothing, simply eat high quality chocolate whilst listening to your music for the ultimate upgrade, the brains endorphins get teased, couple that with your potential eragasm, the added choco-euphoria takes me over the edge. *shivers*

A/B it straight after by drinking chilled tap water and you will hear the difference, not as warm and pleasant a vibe.

to confuse the findings i release liquid bubbles into my listening chamber as per my profile and enjoy the variances in acoustics, and guessing what tracks will be affected the most!

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made banana bread just the other day. However I ate it all already, so I cannot verify your test results.

Well then give us your best impressions from memory.

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats nothing, simply eat high quality chocolate whilst listening to your music for the ultimate upgrade

That is no joke - I 100% agree. I was eating chocolate money the other day and it was like swapping out a $200 SS amplifier for a $2000 tubed wonder. The only problem I see with this upgrade is that with continued use I might die from a heart attack and thereby be robbed of another 40 years of listening enjoyment. So better to get the $2000 valve amp and just have a cup of decaf instead.

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to confuse the findings i release liquid bubbles into my listening chamber

OK, the mind is boggling right about now. How about a step by step tutorial for bubble newbies?

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, the mind is boggling right about now. How about a step by step tutorial for bubble newbies?

re: chocolate

i try and limit myself to one quality session per day, within each session i normally consume one regular adult sized portion of cocoa based chocolate, i also conform with the average recommended number of chews therefore making the feast last an average albums length, meaning the in-place upgrade is good for a critical listening of a chosen album or compilation.

i initially had trouble with microphonics, as my jaw activity would cause my etys cable to impinge on my listening to an unacceptable degree, thus negating and neutralizing the chocolate upgrade. i soon learnt a new technique for ingesting the foodstuff. i would simply let it melt in my mouth much like the fabled minstrels advertising campaign, not in my hand!

this gave a smoother and somewhat silkier release and made the music all the more pleasurable, so got the best of both worlds in the end.

the health factor worries me not, as the one portion of chocolate a day is far from harmful in that quantity, i think the benefit to the brain and the bodies well being takes over and negates any ill-affects, that coupled with the sound benefits, makes this practise an easy choice to live with.

re: bubbles

honestly its not that complicated, it simply ensures your harmonics during listening are affected in a pleasurable yet volatile way

i usually turn the bubble machine on a few minutes before entering my listening chamber and let it fill to the right level, these bubbles are fairly robust and can only be popped upon meeting with a sharp or deliberate action. they gracefully float and bound and interact during the session affecting room temperatures and thus the sound signature and the seal of the foam tips, an affect for the better luckily.

you could just start off with a regular bubble blowing set from your local joke/toy shop as i did.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back