Improve iPod sound quality - EQu
Apr 7, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #108 of 128
^ I called myself to ask that very question
biggrin.gif
, it seemed to function normally. When the call appeared the app faded out and when I hung up it picked up where it left off, just like the standard media player.

I've been lurking on this forum off and on for a while, it's the place to go to for research. I downloaded EQu two days ago for the iPad and iPhone 4, works wonders...not only does it revive my crappy JVC 'shrooms (have some RE0's inbound), but it fixed a nasty treble spike I have in the car. Really enjoying it!

A few suggestions (like any user has):

1) While it's great to have the ability to insert multiple floating points in the EQ, sometimes I mistakenly double tap and create two points. I could flatline it and start over but I'd rather just delete the extra point, is there any way to do that? If not, maybe some kind of gesture could remove it...like swiping it off the screen. I can do that (sort of) if I create a bunch of points and slide them to the right, but it I'd like to do it without screwing up the line. (figured it out)

2) Inline control integration, like another user mentioned. I'd love to be able to skip songs/restart/previous/pause by inline control like I do with the standard music player.

3) Any way we can create playlists within the app?

Thanks for creating a killer app!

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #109 of 128
A couple other features that would be a great evolution of EQu:

1) Per Location EQ List: Sometimes I listen through my car speakers, other times I listen through IEMs, and other times through my over-ear HD650s.

2) Per Song EQ auto-recall: This would require a generic EQ setting per location for songs that have not been adjusted, and a database of song EQ settings. This would be easier to implement if the music browser was improved with in-app playlists. I find myself constantly changing EQ settings every song. How possible this is I wouldn't even begin to know. I have friends that are constantly changing EQ settings in their car, and found myself trying to tune in a song at every stoplight. See a need, fill a need, right?
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #110 of 128
I'd like to control it like how one would with the ipod or pandora. When you double click the home button and swipe to the left, you have the play/pause button right there. Makes it really convenient when I want to stop it during my mulititasking rather than exiting my app, loading equ, stopping it, closing it out and going back to the first app.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #111 of 128
this app has worked out for me well.

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #114 of 128
to bad my ipod touch is a 2g and it is broken. i hate my life.

luckily i am getting 2 new 8gb ipod touches which i am trading $40, my pioneer se m390, and sony nc7.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #115 of 128
Can someone explain to me why EQu and the iPod app sound quite different with the same song and a flat equalizer setting? Also what exactly is a DAC? (Is it the physical chip or the program/app?)

I think I'm missing something about what an 'equalizer' actually is. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #116 of 128

Quote:
A DAC is the piece of hardware that converts digital signals to analogue so it produces music/sound. The Touch has its own DAC, but you can bypass the internal DAC using the line out on the Touch with specific types of docs.

My guess on the flat settings is that EQu and the Touch are calibrated differently on their flat (no EQ) settings. But that's just a guess.

An equalizer? Let me google that for you ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization

Thanks for the info.

I thought there might have been another definition of an equalizer but I guess not.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #117 of 128
I love this app! Unfortunately, it freezes up every 2 or 3 songs (sometimes after just 1) and I have to force close the program and restart it. Other times it will play 2 seconds of a song, stop, and then I have to skip to the next song and then come back to listen to it. Has anyone else run into these problems at all? Using an itouch 4g running ios 4.3.3, btw.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #118 of 128
The only time I have had any issues is when it hits a DRM protected song.  Then it just closes.  I also have not tried using the app with any losless songs. 

I do some old itunes drm protected songs in my collection, so I ended up making a playlist of all my DRM free music.  Then when I use the app I just play that particular playlist.  No other issues though.  They have over the past updates also taken care of any temporary freezing issues when using other apps. 

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #119 of 128
Might give this app a try to 'fix' my issue with using a mini^3 that was built with too much gain for my IEM's.  Has the recent updates improved stability when used on a 3GS?  Since this is a processor heavy app, what kind of battery life do you get for continuous playback?

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #120 of 128
This, along with Equalizer app is buggy with the IEM's that have the 3-button remote (such as my Klipsch S5i or stock apple earbuds). Sometimes they skip to the next song correctly, sometimes they just stop playing.

Victor from elephantcandy replied to my email about it and said:

"You are right the remote controls do not work as they should. It is a bug in the iOS and we can't do anything about it. We have send a report to Apple and they promosed to fix it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back