Improve iPod sound quality - EQu
Feb 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #61 of 128

Quote:
I bought EQu and found it unusable, it's slow and frequently crashes on my 3gs, and the only way to select songs (that doesn't crash), other than from a pre-created playlist, is by individually scrolling through every song on my phone, which with several thousand songs is just ridiculous - then the app will probably have crashed again within ~3 songs. Really the product shouldn't be released yet until it works, it feels like an alpha build atm and annoyed me that I gave money to the developer. When (if) finished it looks promising though.

After this I bought Equalizer... works great. Not as smooth as the ipod app on my 3gs, and not 100% integrate (for obvious reasons - this app really needs to be on cydia), but still very efficient at choosing songs, only crashes rarely, and the equaliser in it is more customizable and exact than equ's anyway.

Your info on EQu is way out of date.  You can access your library through EQu just like the regular ipod app: playlist, artist, album, etc. 

I also haven't experienced any crashing, but I have an iphone 4.

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #62 of 128

Quote:
I bought EQu and found it unusable, it's slow and frequently crashes on my 3gs, and the only way to select songs (that doesn't crash), other than from a pre-created playlist, is by individually scrolling through every song on my phone, which with several thousand songs is just ridiculous - then the app will probably have crashed again within ~3 songs. Really the product shouldn't be released yet until it works, it feels like an alpha build atm and annoyed me that I gave money to the developer. When (if) finished it looks promising though.

After this I bought Equalizer... works great. Not as smooth as the ipod app on my 3gs, and not 100% integrate (for obvious reasons - this app really needs to be on cydia), but still very efficient at choosing songs, only crashes rarely, and the equaliser in it is more customizable and exact than equ's anyway.

My guess is you have a jailbroken phone and can`t get into any of the updates??

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #63 of 128

Quote:
but ipods are nowadays a show-of-object and a multitasking device AND NOT an Audiophile grade PMP anymore.

i could link back to another thread where you are asking for info/help about cowon and ipod touch. It really does seem as though you are parroting what you have read in other threads, not speaking from a place of experience or are just simply trolling.

Quote:
A few weeks ago, i tested a EQapp ( i don't remember whether it was EQu or not) and it still sounded under my expectation.

The thread title is about EQu, you have either tried the latest build (with updates) or you have not, until then you simply cannot contribute in a worthwhile manner.

Feb 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #64 of 128
Gorman: I am the developer of Equalizer and when I designed it I was inspired by the RockBox playlist handling.
In Equalizer, you build the playlist the way you want, on the fly.
Add as many albums or single songs to the list.
Start playing (EQed) and change the order of the songs while you play. or delete songs while you play. or even add new songs or albums while you listen to the music.
So yes, this is very much doable and one of the features I use daily myself.
(Sorry, I didn't see this thread until today)

Thank you! Sold!

See expatinjapan? Not every one shares your needs. Is this news for you? :rolleyes:

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #65 of 128
tried EQu today and loved it. have a few suggestions for the developer if hes paying attention to this thread. 

1) would be nice if I could delete my saved preset.

2) does everyone experience clipping when they raise the bass hump too high?

3) when i access safari or simply turn off the screen of the iphone 4, the song stutters pretty horridly for a few secs. could it be the software isn't well integrated with the OS's multi-tasker?

4) having typical player settings and behavior would be nice. for example, if I select shuffle for a certain album, I would think it'd play through once and stop, not repeat. unless I tell it to repeat.

apart from that, its really really cool. Thank you for the app!

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #66 of 128

Quote:
Quote:
Gorman: I am the developer of Equalizer and when I designed it I was inspired by the RockBox playlist handling.
In Equalizer, you build the playlist the way you want, on the fly.
Add as many albums or single songs to the list.
Start playing (EQed) and change the order of the songs while you play. or delete songs while you play. or even add new songs or albums while you listen to the music.
So yes, this is very much doable and one of the features I use daily myself.
(Sorry, I didn't see this thread until today)

Thank you! Sold!

See expatinjapan? Not every one shares your needs. Is this news for you?
rolleyes.gif

Not really, there being billions of people in the world, and being well traveled myself,  I am fully aware of the fact not everyone shares my needs or wants.
At least in my earlier post I attempted to offer another option to assist you in your problem solving.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #69 of 128

Quote:
tried EQu today and loved it. have a few suggestions for the developer if hes paying attention to this thread. 

1) would be nice if I could delete my saved preset.

2) does everyone experience clipping when they raise the bass hump too high?

3) when i access safari or simply turn off the screen of the iphone 4, the song stutters pretty horridly for a few secs. could it be the software isn't well integrated with the OS's multi-tasker?

4) having typical player settings and behavior would be nice. for example, if I select shuffle for a certain album, I would think it'd play through once and stop, not repeat. unless I tell it to repeat.

apart from that, its really really cool. Thank you for the app!

Hi,

Thanks for downloading EQu!

- 1 to delete presets just slide your finger over the preset from right to left.... and a delete button will appear
- 2 yes, if you raise the curve to high distortion will occur. Check settings to go to save mode to avoid this for 90%, or just lower your gain
- 3 our app is heavy on CPU and memory, if you reboot your device you will experience much less of these flaws. Some apps eat up memory in the background...
- 4 this is something we are working on for one of the next upcoming updates, please be patient...

Cheers,

Victor

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #70 of 128

Quote:

Hi,

Try to update to latest version and reboot your device. We do not recommend multitasking with the 3GS. Our app is really heavy on CPU......

Good luck,

Victor
elephantcandy

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #71 of 128
one solution to the app being so heavy on resources and causing skipping might be to make the spectrum analyzer an optional feature.  Allowing it to be turned off might help, although when i have the album art screen up instead of the analyzer it doesnt seem to help... is the analyzer still "running" even though its not visible?  

i dont know if this would help  but in theory it sounds like a possible solution.   You have probably noticed this, but getting the app to stop skipping without having to go out of your way to do so seems like it should be your first priority.  It really does detract from our willingness to use it.  

thanks 

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #73 of 128
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #74 of 128

Quote:
Pretty well on the Touch 4G....which has the same A4 chip as the iPhone 4 and iPad.

i have never tried resetting my ipod 4g prior to using the app.  That is a little too much trouble for my taste, but i do reguraly close all other apps before playing, and i still find it skips quite often.  Enough so that i just cant bear to use it. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #75 of 128

Quote:
i have never tried resetting my ipod 4g prior to using the app.  That is a little too much trouble for my taste, but i do reguraly close all other apps before playing, and i still find it skips quite often.  Enough so that i just cant bear to use it. 

Are you sure it's not clipping from the EQ being boosted too high? I did experience that, the first couple days when I was playing around with it.

Edit: then again, I never multi-task when I use it either, so maybe there is something I am missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back