Impressive little audio player for windows (ASIO / WASAPI supported)
Nov 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shrisha

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys.
Decide to share with you my discovered quite sometimes back really impressive sounded little Player for Windows.
It's call "Winyl". Absolutely free and nice looking with some basic features.  Here is a home page http://vinylsoft.com/

Being using it for year aprox but being lazy to post here my impression. Compared with a Foobar, Jriver, iTunes, Cplay with everything actually.
Tried Jack on windows, Reclock and MPClassic with new wasapi support and to my ears Winyl is obviously clearer and  cleaner sounding player
from everything I tried so far.
I visited Winyl Homepage today and found quite in stagnancy there I decide to hype it a bit to give a heads up to developer.
It is definitely deserve at list to try. Check this little thing guys it will surprise you.

Cheers!
Please give your impressions.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 8
I just downloaded this to try it out. 

This is what i don't understand...

I am using a SPDIF connection from my PC to my Bifrost Uber.

Using foobar, as expected, I cannot play anything over 96khz as it is not supported.

However, this player lets me play over 96khz while using wasapi, which means it must be doing some converting - how can i now guarantee the sound is bitperfect for my other tracks?

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for posting this - I'm really enjoying it, nice uncluttered screen, mini player is handy, and finding the sound very enjoyable - as a package prefer over Foobar.

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 8
I agree this works great..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back