Impressions of Washington, D.C. March 21,2010 meet
Mar 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #16 of 24
Just want to thank Vlad for another great meet.
Next time I'll have to remember to bring a camera.
There was lots of great equipment. That 6BL7 DIY Amp was just fantastic. Great workmanship. I finally got a chance to hear K1000s on speaker outputs. The amp will only put out about 2 Watts (2.5 W at clipping) into 8 ohms, however it did seem to match up well.
The Yamaha YH-1000 were quite heavy but did indeed sound very good.
I think that one of the biggest surprises for me was how different the HE5s sound depending upon what amp they are paired with. To me it seems that they really shine with an amp that has a lot of drive.
Time to get started to see what I can come up with for the next meet (3 months?)
o2smile.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #17 of 24
well I need some help; got 19 pictures BUT way to big to post, sorry. Can anyone tell me the step by step procedure, (from my Documents file using XP), how to shrink them down from 800kb to a size that fits Head-Fi's attachments as I want individual pics so individuals can comment on that particular numberd frame; and identify who is in the frame along with the equipment......please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area....
update; got them down to 66kb .jpg as the largest so I should have them in by the weekend or sooner if someone can tell me how to insert them into the first original post, (really sorry about this, but could not find the answer in "FAQ")

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #18 of 24
If you don't have photoshop or photo editor, the simplest way is to open them in ms paint go to Image > Stretch/Skew and then select the same percentage for width and height to shrink them and then save them as new documents.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #19 of 24
Please don't bother shrinking the images, as the quality of the images become poor. Try using an image hosting service such as ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting and clicking on the resize to 640x480 option if you can. Then, to post them here, copy and paste the image urls into your post and use the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags without the extra spaces.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #22 of 24
I'm the one in the lower right hand picture. I am wearing the Blue Universal remote t-shirt. I had the Peachtree Nova and the Denon D5000s

Apr 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiorapture /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadFijpg028.jpg

Ha! I have the same shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back