Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
Oct 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

silence2-38554

New Head-Fier
So it seems that these cans have been out long enough now that there should be some good comparison / impression threads, but I'm not finding anything.  I use & love my Focal CMS50 studio monitors & would love a similarly voiced set of cans.  Right now my primary set of closed back cans are the Shure SRH840's.  They're great, but I really, thoroughly hate their head band, even after a few modifications.  Anyone care to share a comparison of their Focal Spirit Pro's?  I currently also have a set of HD600's, K240 studios, HD280's and SE535 in ears for comparison.  Thanks!

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 15
Nice contrasts between the two.  I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself.  Everyone hears differently.

Nice clean blog!

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 15
  Nice contrasts between the two.  I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself.  Everyone hears differently.

Nice clean blog!

Thank you bixby! 

Indeed, I always tell people that if they have the chance they should listen before buying!

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 15
  I have a review of the Spirit Pro on my blog.

http://digitalaudiodirections.blogspot.com/2013/12/when-flat-is-good-focal-spirit.html

Thanks for the link/review... I was considering both the Pro and the Classic but decided to go with the Pro because I was looking for an example of a phone that was more neutral/accurate in its voicing and frequency response. I'm looking forward to more reviews of the FSP as well as hopefully seeing some frequency charts.  I too found that my (larger?) ears will just fit inside the cups of the Pro where as the cups of the ATH-M50 and B&W P7 are both roomier. I briefly tried the Momemtum on at Best Buy and my ears didn't work/fit well with them at all.

I've recently written a review on both Classic and Professional

Now that I have the Pro... I'd also like to hear how Focal voiced the Classic. It would be interesting to also compare the Classic to the B&W P7.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #13 of 15

I don't think they are... I checked the owners manual and it didn't mention anything about it. They seem to be securely attached to the cups.

Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic.  They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #15 of 15
  Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic.  They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.

The earcups were the only problem with the FSP, thats very interesting Tyll thanks. Any news?

I like the Focal Spirit Pro, can anyone contrast it in SQ/sound signature to a basic modded Fostex T50rp?        (or the NAD VISO HP50 / B&W P7)
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back