Impressions Meet @ Hans from Qables 16-03-08
Mar 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #46 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(btw, Hooray for 'noise-free' ISO1600)
biggrin.gif

What brand/type camera did you use? That pics are very impressive!

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #47 of 94
That looks impressing for ISO 1600 especialy if i remind corectly seeing you with some kind of bridge or even smaller camera!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax
What the hell where those thingys?

The cable on Ralphs setup is the Audioquest Columbia, some kind of active shielding technology i didn't get much out of him about them, i only asked when everybody was already packing though..

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN
K340 - This is a nice sounding headphone, but it didn't impress me that much. It has good bass impact, but that's pretty much everything I thought was special about it.

It might not have been driven to full power or maybe it had realy bad synergy going, i too thought it sounded good out of your amp,but everything that makes it special was somehow missing to my ears.Maybe the teddy mod could help it
smily_headphones1.gif
But like i said the Ultrasones sounded more detailed to me aswell..

The β22 parts are finaly in the mail so maybe i'll have a more capable amp for the next meet

Quote:

Ergo 2 - This headphone truly sounded great. I am thinking of buying one in the near future. The only problem I've encountered so far is that there is hardly any information about these headphones on the web. Thus, my questions are: Where/how does one acquire these headphones? Whose headphones are they?

I thought the Ergos were Hans' pair? With some luck you can grab a pair with amp on that auction site for a tiny fraction of their list price.

Was one of the two actualy an ERGO AMT or where both dynamic?

You could try asking Precide
I guess a phone call would be the easiest way though

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #48 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What brand/type camera did you use? That pics are very impressive!

The EXIF data says it's a Pentax K110D...
cool.gif
Didn't know that a CCD chip can take pictures at ISO1600 with such a low noise. You did some post-processing, Nobax?? Noise ninja?

Mar 24, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #49 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by utilisateur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the Ergos were Hans' pair? With some luck you can grab a pair with amp on that auction site for a tiny fraction of their list price.

Was one of the two actualy an ERGO AMT or where both dynamic?

You could try asking Precide
I guess a phone call would be the easiest way though

Could've very well been Hans' pair. Don't really know.

For as far as I could tell one of them was the Ergo 2 and one of them was the Ergo AMT. Both driven by what I would guess was an amp1.

I guess phoning them would be the way to go indeed.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #50 of 94
[Camera talk]
The camera i have is indeed an Pentax K110D, which uses the same 6MP Sony CCD used in the Nikon D50 (old one) and the Nikon D40.
Pentax was the latest with the 6MP CCD so they had enough time to fine tune the noise-reduction algorithm, with pretty good results in my opinion. (also, in general, a big sensor with low pixel density do not noise easily)
I usually use ISO800 or below, but that would've caused shutter times of 1/20sec and longer (i try to use ~F/5.6 for 'ultimate sharpness'
tongue.gif
) so i just went with ISO1600.

The pictures aren't completely noise-free (thats why i put the '''s around it), it has a bit of an 'analog grain' but i kinda like it. At 50-75% the pictures are still very usable out-of-the-camera. Most of the time, the results are better than the average ISO400 of a digital compact camera/bridge lol
biggrin.gif
. [size=xx-small][edit] Except for the Fuji SuperCCD's, they are a class of their own.[/size]

[size=xx-small]Btw, 99% of the pictures i post are Post-processed in a certain way, a bit of a curve here, a bit of unsharp mask there and with >ISO800 i do, do a little noise reduction to get them a bit smoother.
cool.gif
[/size]
[/Camera Talk]

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #51 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could've very well been Hans' pair. Don't really know.

For as far as I could tell one of them was the Ergo 2 and one of them was the Ergo AMT. Both driven by what I would guess was an amp1.

I guess phoning them would be the way to go indeed.

They are indeed ours. the AMT by courtesy of the distributor.
Indeed we are a ergo dealer.

Rgds

Hans

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #55 of 94
Does anyone know how much hours the HFI-780s on the meet had on their shoulders?
I cant understand how the sound could change so dramatically trough burn in as to result in such raves, the meet-780 clearly didnt look like a new out of the box unit! ..
I'll really have to find another meet with a lot of Ultrasones
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #56 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by utilisateur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know how much hours the HFI-780s on the meet had on their shoulders?
I cant understand how the sound could change so dramatically trough burn in as to result in such raves, the meet-780 clearly didnt look like a new out of the box unit! ..
I'll really have to find another meet with a lot of Ultrasones
tongue.gif

I'm not sure how many they had on them. The raving here is primarily caused by the ALO-modding and recabling they did to them. Otherwise, imo, they are nothing to rave about.

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #57 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are indeed ours. the AMT by courtesy of the distributor.
Indeed we are a ergo dealer.

Rgds

Hans

I am still very much on the edge regarding the Ergo 2. Man, that thing sounded good.

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #58 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still very much on the edge regarding the Ergo 2. Man, that thing sounded good.

Exactly my thoughts. What are these things supposed to cost Hans?

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #59 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly my thoughts. What are these things supposed to cost Hans?

Cheap as hell! I think they were €270? In Germany, they go for around €200 new, including taxes.

That's not much for a can with so much potential. A powerful solid state amp and that thing will kick ass.
Imagine balancing that sucker... I already have the amp. In my opinion, the Ergo 2 outperformed all that was at the meet besides the Stax rig. I still can't get my head around the simple slam in it. I had exactly the same feeling about the dynamic 'Float that was at the Dusseldorf meet.
Either the K1000 or a dynamic Float for me from now on, nothing else will do. You get the clarity and timbre of an electrostat with the slam and bass of a dynamic headphone. You just can't lose!

The Ergo 1 amplifier is around €350.
The Ergo AMT, of which I was less fond, will cost you around €850 if I got my numbers from the right source.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #60 of 94
I also enjoyed the Ergo very much but I thought that both Ergo's were the same
frown.gif
and so I only tested the one that was connected on the front side of the amp - can anyone remember which one it was?

I found the clarity and the comfort really impressive. Found some information on a swiss website but wasn't able to discover which amp it was, that we used on the meet - was it the Ergo Amp 1?

I think round about € 550,00 for the headphone and the amp is a great price.

Another question ... there was in Ipod connected to the Ergo and that Ipod was packed into a "skin" - does anyone no which one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back