Impressions Meet @ Hans from Qables 16-03-08
Mar 27, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #61 of 94
the ergo 2 sounds really tempting, maybe my ps2s need another float to keep it company
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #62 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frienes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also enjoyed the Ergo very much but I thought that both Ergo's were the same
frown.gif
and so I only tested the one that was connected on the front side of the amp - can anyone remember which one it was?

I found the clarity and the comfort really impressive. Found some information on a swiss website but wasn't able to discover which amp it was, that we used on the meet - was it the Ergo Amp 1?

I think round about € 550,00 for the headphone and the amp is a great price.

Another question ... there was in Ipod connected to the Ergo and that Ipod was packed into a "skin" - does anyone no which one?

That was the Ergo 2 connected to the front.

The AMT was (as should be) to the rear. It was the Ergo Amp 1 indeed.

It was a clearskin (via ebay from a Hong Kong dealer.)

Rgds Hans

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #63 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are indeed ours. the AMT by courtesy of the distributor.
Indeed we are a ergo dealer.

Rgds

Hans

Hans, could you give me an exact price on the Ergo 2?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #66 of 94
Hirsch has a balanced set. He's always been slightly non-commital about how he feels about them. I bought my AMT from him.

With the AMT and the Ergo 2 connected to the Amp 1, theres a notable performance drop in the Ergo 2 because the AMT sucks up all of the available power. For those thinking of going AMT, I would, now, with the more experience I've gathered since I wrote my review of the combo say that a good speaker amp is far far better.

The Ergo 2 really is good though, it was at the Scotland meet a few weeks back when I got the chance to listen to some dynamic headphones again I remembered how much I liked them, and how I like them more than the HD650.

Mar 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #68 of 94
Thank you, Hans, for answering my questions.

I have another question for you and Duggeh or anybody else who can share his experience). If I decide to go the Ergo-route is it advisable also to buy an Ergo Amp 1 or would it be better to buy another amp (I already have a Glite and was also thinking about something tubey)?

How does this amp work together with other headphones or is there a special magic between the Ergo 2 and the Ergo amp?

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #69 of 94
The Ergo Amp 1 is equalised through the AMT socket for the AMT headphone (but this doesnt compensate enough for its lack of power).

Pinkfloyd likes the Amp1 quite a lot with the Ergo 2, HD600 and HD414. He has modded his a little though. The regular headphone socket doesn't have the EQ, at least I never noticed it there. It matches well with the Ergo 2, but the Heed Canamp or better would be a step up. The Amp 1 matches poorly with Grados. Fair amount of hiss.

It's been a fair while since I've had mine. More than a year. It has adjustable gain via dials on the back I should add.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #71 of 94
Quote:

Bruto adviesprijs 229euro.
ex VAT 192euro.

Rgds

Hans

I think I will send you an e-mail when my taxreturn comes in.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #72 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I will send you an e-mail when my taxreturn comes in.
biggrin.gif

Okidoki, that should be any week now, assuming you applied in time
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #73 of 94
Quote:

Bruto adviesprijs 229euro.
ex VAT 192euro.

Rgds

Hans

That's.... tempting, to say the least! Don't be too surprised if I also send you an email.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #74 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's.... tempting, to say the least! Don't be too surprised if I also send you an email.

Hmm 2 pieces. That calls for a power buy!

wink.gif

Hans

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #75 of 94
That's an astonishing price for such a beautiful headphone. I thought they would be way more expensive! Of course you need an amp to par with them but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back