Impressions Meet @ Hans from Qables 16-03-08
Mar 18, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #31 of 94
Well guys,

that looks like a very nice meet! It makes me very very sad since I couldn't be there...... All that nice equipment. I'd kill to hear the Ultrasone ED9 or some other portable and non-portable headphone amps.
I also really wanted to hear some Grado's and those Beyerdynamics.

And I also, like Indra, would love to hear the K701 in a proper setup since I really noticed the potential of the K701 but sold it because I simply didn't had the power to drive them to that full potential.

And that table with all those Ultimate Ears IEM's just got me numb. I Love headphones sooo much but from the very beginning I'm an IEM guy.... I've heard many but never the Ultimate Ears. That table rocks imho!!

Looks like a very nice meeting and a very good host! I just have to find some time soon to visit hans' shop.

I could just kick myself for not being there........

Now I have to go and wipe my footprint off my derriere...

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #32 of 94
Looks like you guys and girl(s) had a really nice time.
Nice to see that there were some electrostatic headphone rigs at the meeting as well.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #33 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I also, like Indra, would love to hear the K701 in a proper setup since I really noticed the potential of the K701 but sold it because I simply didn't had the power to drive them to that full potential.

Oh, you sold them already? I too was very dissapointed when my Larocco was unable to drive them properly. You can smell their possible potential but you can't find the freshly baked cake anywhere
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could just kick myself for not being there........

Now I have to go and wipe my footprint off my derriere...

LOL haha

On a sidenote; ultrasone must be praised for its impeccable speedy service. I got an email from Rogier yesterday that he finished them and would bring them to the postoffice that very same day in person.
And today my bf called me from work they had arrived! So I rushed over there on my bike and they are back in my possesion again and look better than ever! The new headband is way better than the older one as you can't hear it crack anymore. Really very good
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a sidenote; ultrasone must be praised for its impeccable speedy service. I got an email from Rogier yesterday that he finished them and would bring them to the postoffice that very same day in person.
And today my bf called me from work they had arrived! So I rushed over there on my bike and they are back in my possesion again and look better than ever! The new headband is way better than the older one as you can't hear it crack anymore. Really very good
smily_headphones1.gif

That's just fabulous news, Indra!

Now, I'm old enough to remember when 1-day photo service seemed mighty impressive, but 1-day headphone repair? Unbelievable!
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #35 of 94
What a nice day it have been. Like donkey says "Let's do that Again!!" I personaly was really impressed with the q-jays. And finaly had a chance to check out the famous etymotic 4p. Impressive! My Shure E3 is now really gone be replaced. Still woundering how "der swing" from uhr und more is gone sound. I have aditioned the shure e500 before, but was not impressed enough. U can read my review of it here. Also fun to discover the soundquality of a piezo headphone.

And many thanks for the people who made it possible and let's us play with there goodies. And Hans, many thanks for the nice room and good food.

I hope next time i can bring some interesting stuff like the neurophone, (a diy) pleasure board/pump and my own version of a PPA design.
Can't wait for the next meeting...

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #36 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, you sold them already? I too was very dissapointed when my Larocco was unable to drive them properly. You can smell their possible potential but you can't find the freshly baked cake anywhere
wink.gif

Yas, I already sold them. I liked them in some special way... but they were useless in some aspect since I'm not able to power them and since I'm mostly on-the-go. K701 is no on-the-go headphone.

Furthermore, the HFI-2200 is the headphone I reach for the most......I really missed the low notes in the K701. This is probably due to the fact it was seriously underpowered.

greetz

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #40 of 94
Looks like you had a great meet! Thanks for all the impressions. Now I really want to make it to the next meet, I already missed the last two!

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #41 of 94
I'm pretty late with this (busy week), but i still had to post 'something' here, well, at least some pictures.
tongue.gif

But first..., a big thanks to Hans for organizing the meet!

I haven't listened to allot of the gear available, and i somehow missed the DT-990's (i wanted to hear them badly, but where they actually at the meet??) but i enjoyed myself none the less.
It was pretty hard to remember everything i saw, since i haven't been at head-fi for a while (i don't know all of the new funky things), so ill just skip the impressions and post my pictures
tongue.gif

[size=xx-small](btw, Hooray for 'noise-free' ISO1600)[/size]
biggrin.gif

IMGP5050_small.jpg

IMGP5015_small.jpg

IMGP5018_small.jpg

IMGP5026_small.jpg

IMGP5027_small.jpg

IMGP5029_small.jpg

IMGP5031_small.jpg

IMGP5033_small.jpg

IMGP5036_small.jpg

^ Black Beauty's
smily_headphones1.gif
^
IMGP5040_small.jpg

^ White Beauty's
smily_headphones1.gif
^
IMGP5041_small.jpg

IMGP5043_small.jpg

IMGP5047_small.jpg

^ This was kinda NOT-funny, the best IEM's at the meet, and nobody was able to listen to them
mad.gif
. ^
IMGP5049_small.jpg

^ What the hell where those thingys? ^

Anyways, it was a great meet imo, and i am looking forward to the next one
cool.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #42 of 94
Nice pics, Nobax (sorry I keep forgetting your real name
wink.gif
) It was a real colourful meet!
Noise-free at 1600 iso is very impressive!

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #43 of 94
And now, the moment you have all been waiting for - the best tweak in this era of music listening - it was not present at the meet (mainly because of space issues - i.e. I couldn't fit it in my backpack ), but here is a picture of it to easy your troubled hearts.

My very own Teddy
biggrin.gif
:

Teddysmall.jpg

First of all I would like to thank Hans for organizing and hosting the meet. Everything was taken care off perfectly. Great job Hans!

It was really nice to see you guys again and to meet some new people. I enjoyed this meet a lot.

I heard most of the headphones which were present at the meet before, so that gave me some time to hear the things I had not heard before.

W5000 - These headphones are beautiful. They justify their price just for aesthetics. I think that if I would own these I would wipe them off with a cloth every time I made a fingerprint on them.
The sound of these things is really airy and detailed, but I couldn't get any bass out of it whatsoever. Now, I know I could've just started bending the headband a little to get a better fit, but I figured that Hans would break out in tears if I did so I didn't. I am going to give these headphones another try some time.

K340 - This is a nice sounding headphone, but it didn't impress me that much. It has good bass impact, but that's pretty much everything I thought was special about it.

Stax headphone - I can't remember which one it was exactly, but what I can remember is that I liked the sound of it. It's a really open headphone though and it was hard to get a good impression of it on a meet. Something to look in to for sure though.

Ergo 2 - This headphone truly sounded great. I am thinking of buying one in the near future. The only problem I've encountered so far is that there is hardly any information about these headphones on the web. Thus, my questions are: Where/how does one acquire these headphones? Whose headphones are they?

Edit: For a heavily photoshopped pic of the teddy click here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #44 of 94
Sounds like a great meet. I'm still kicking myself for having missed it. But I guess there's always a next time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back